Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: July 30, 2021 20:15

I guess there's some justice in the universe. Had LDs for SD. Got LDs for LA.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 30, 2021 20:18

Both LA and Vegas now say dips sold out at 10:18, but can't hurt to stay on those links.

Vegas keeps popping up.

Edit: so does LA.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-30 20:20 by Topi.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: July 30, 2021 20:37

Sockers56
Anybody buy tickets yet for New Orleans?

Yes. Any questions please post here...[iorr.org]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 30, 2021 20:37

Hope people got/get what they need in todays sale smileys with beer

Bought rear GA's yesterday and a pair of LD's today for both LA and Vegas.

It's a decent strategy for me when I want to hit multiple shows without costing me the price of a decent used car.
LD's turn out to be nosebleeds, off to the floor which I have always preferred even over an ok seat.

Already sitting on Nashville and Austin LD's..

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: July 30, 2021 20:54

Have already gotten the refund and foreign transaction fee for Vancouver tickets credited back to my VISA card! That was a relief, especially since I had a different credit card on file than what I purchased them with.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 31, 2021 00:54

Just a question before l spend a lot of money on tickets, with COVID on the rise again, is there a chance that this whole thing may be cancelled again?

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 31, 2021 01:10

ROPENI
Just a question before l spend a lot of money on tickets, with COVID on the rise again, is there a chance that this whole thing may be cancelled again?

Of course there is. But you'll be able to get your money back, so that shouldn't be a worry right?

Date: July 31, 2021 01:29

Geez so much negativity here. Either you choose to go or not but don't bring the rest of us down.

ON WITH THE SHOWS!

Date: July 31, 2021 01:56

georgemcdonnell314
Geez so much negativity here. Either you choose to go or not but don't bring the rest of us down.

ON WITH THE SHOWS!

How was that question or my response negative? And why would that bring you down? How sensitive are you?

Date: July 31, 2021 02:35

georgemcdonnell314

ON WITH THE SHOWS!
Negativity?? what the hell you talking about it was just a question and l believe a fair one, sorry if it bothered you... Jesussssss

Date: July 31, 2021 02:39

treaclefingers
ROPENI

Of course there is. But you'll be able to get your money back, so that shouldn't be a worry right?
Yes you are correct, but l will wait a while to buy tickets l think there will be plenty available, thinking of going to Tampa...

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 31, 2021 02:51

MisterDDDD

It's a decent strategy for me when I want to hit multiple shows without costing me the price of a decent used car.
LD's turn out to be nosebleeds, off to the floor which I have always preferred even over an ok seat.

How many shows are you attending?

Date: July 31, 2021 03:09

Sockers56
MisterDDDD

Just those four, unless they add more at the end.
Also a bit on the fence on Austin.. the racetrack, and transportation to it etc makes it not ideal, but if it remains the last show of this leg, I will likely go.

You?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 04:43 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 31, 2021 04:20

I'm sure everyone must be up for some wild-assed speculation about what the fully-vaxxed rates are gonna be INSIDE the various stadiums we're in.

Right?

Of course you are.

Adult (18+) Full Vaccination Rates in the Twelve U.S. States Where The Stones' Thirteen 2021 Concerts Are Scheduled, Per the NYT's Tracking

July 7    July 20   July 30

Minn   64.3%     65.1%     65.7%

Calif    61.5%     62.9%     64.8%

Penn   60.8%     61.9%     62.9%

Mich   57.8%     58.8%     59.3%

Flor     56.2%     57.6%     58.6%

Texas  50.2%*   54.3%    55.0%

NV                                      54.9%

NCar    51.9%    52.8%     53.4%

MO      49.1%     50.0%     50.9%

GA       46.9%     47.8%     48.6%

Tenn    47.1%     47.9%    48.5%

Louisiana                           46.8%

(* probably wrong)

I saw vax figures for the U.S. at large a day or two ago that I thought helpful. The U.S. age 18+ full-vax level was 60%, while the age 65+ full-vax level was 80%. I don't know what the median age will be among the Stones' stadium audiences this fall, but it will be somewhere in that wide range of 18 to 65, and closer to the 65 than the 18.

Leaving me fairly comfortable estimating that a Stones audience in a 60%-or-better fully-vaxxed state this fall, is itself very likely to be 70% fully-vaxxed... or better.

I don't expect everybody to buy into that, and that's fine. Just my own little exercise here.

By concert time I'm guessing that 8 venues should be over those 60% (of adults in the state)/70% (in Stones audiences) vax levels, although Charlotte, St. Louis, Atlanta, Nashville, and New Orleans may not.

Maybe the laggard states will, too... who knows?

Personally I'm hoping Tennessee and Georgia do pick it up and cross 60%, because I'm going to be in the Nashville and Atlanta crowds.

All that said, I am happy to learn that six months after your 2nd Pfizer dose, a 3rd jab boosts one's defenses against Delta by a LOT. I'm hoping the U.S. greenlights 3rd doses. The 6-month anniversary of my Jab 2 is Sep. 22. That would allow a booster just in time to shore up my antibodies for -- yikes! -- Tennessee.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 31, 2021 04:24

Sometimes the reality of life can become a top priority which was the case today leaving me no time to fart around on the internet looking for Lucky Dips, etc.
No biggie, all is well, and I do have a very nice floor single for L.A. secured. Will put Vegas even further back on the backburner than it already was, as we've been on the fence about it since day one of announcement.
Similar to *Vegas '16 though, might arrive in Vegas ticketless and take it from there - was very lucky the day of that show via stubhub paying a fraction of the face value price for a pair floor seats at T-Mobile arena.
Something tells me there will be deals aplenty considering the massive size of the stadium, and I see there's already verified fan resale tix that are bound to drop in prices eventually, not to mention the overpriced platinums.

Anyhow, congrats to all those who were lucky, and I'll see you in L.A.----and maybe Vegas - winking smiley -thumbs up

Posted by: StonesFan35 ()
Date: July 31, 2021 04:43

Ticketmaster has Pit 2 tix up for SoFi Stadium at $855 each (950 total)

Date: July 31, 2021 22:21

I got pit tickets to all the shows except Austin. Not sure of the logistics on this one. Getting out of events like this are such a royal pain.

I sure hope the last show in the US isn't in Austin Texas at a racetrack.

Hopefully they will add another show or two at the end but I think MSG is out if the virus situation gets worse.

There are still domes they can play in like Indianapolis and Syracuse which can be added on.

On with the shows. Mask or not it's still the best gig around.

Date: July 31, 2021 22:51

georgemcdonnell314
I got pit tickets to all the shows except Austin. Not sure of the logistics on this one. Getting out of events like this are such a royal pain.

Hopefully they will add another show or two at the end but I think MSG is out if the virus situation gets worse.

There are still domes they can play in like Indianapolis and Syracuse which can be added on.

In the same boat for Austin.. and also hope it doesn't end there.

First time buying tickets for it, I went with a Golden Circle ticket ($275).
After being in the GC in the UK for a couple shows, I was really excited to finally see that option in the US. Great value, and the catwalk came right out into the middle of it, making it the next best thing to the pit when they were out there, and pretty damn good when they weren't (better to see the whole stage, less crowding etc) .

I also bought LD's for it, and when the show was postponed just hung on to those. I pre-paid for r/t shuttle bus from DT Austin, never did (given the runaround) get refunded for those, but still not sure I'll go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 22:57 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 1, 2021 01:38

I didn't use to mind this sort of thing when I was in my 20's but now I just can't deal with the logistics.
Each show I stay within walking distance when possible. It's worth paying extra to be close and not have to deal with traffic, crowds and cops.
MisterDDDD
georgemcdonnell314

After being in the GC in the UK for a couple shows, I was really excited to finally see that option in the US. Great value, and the catwalk came right out into the middle of it, making it the next best thing to the pit when they were out there, and pretty damn good when they weren't (better to see the whole stage, less crowding etc) .

I also bought LD's for it, and when the show was postponed just hung on to those. I pre-paid for r/t shuttle bus from DT Austin, never did (given the runaround) get refunded for those, but still not sure I'll go.

Date: August 1, 2021 06:36

georgemcdonnell314
I didn't use to mind this sort of thing when I was in my 20's but now I just can't deal with the logistics.
Each show I stay within walking distance when possible. It's worth paying extra to be close and not have to deal with traffic, crowds and cops.
MisterDDDD
georgemcdonnell314

there's a price to pay for convenience...and man is it worth it.

Date: August 1, 2021 06:58

I haven't heard too many people buying tickets for New Orleans. Who has bought tickets to see the Stones in New Orleans?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 1, 2021 09:04

Check the New Orleans thread for that.

Date: August 1, 2021 20:17

MisterDDDD
Sockers56
MisterDDDD

Just those four, unless they add more at the end.
Also a bit on the fence on Austin.. the racetrack, and transportation to it etc makes it not ideal, but if it remains the last show of this leg, I will likely go.

You?

So far St Louis, Charlotte, Inglewood, & Detroit. I may have a work conflict with Charlotte & may have to get a refund on those tickets. I did buy GA for New Orleans, but will probably sell them. I live in Michigan & I have Pit tickets for Ford Field. First time in the Pit!

Date: August 1, 2021 21:42

Sockers56
So far St Louis, Charlotte, Inglewood, & Detroit. I may have a work conflict with Charlotte & may have to get a refund on those tickets. I did buy GA for New Orleans, but will probably sell them. I live in Michigan & I have Pit tickets for Ford Field. First time in the Pit!

smileys with beer
The opener is always fantastic to be at.
Enjoy your first Pit experience! Great place to do it.
Detroit shows always seems to have a little something extra cool smiley

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: August 1, 2021 21:54

georgemcdonnell314

Maybe it would be fitting if the last US show was in Texas, as I think their first show in the US was in Texas (San Antonio) in '64.....or maybe San Antonio was the 2nd ever show and San Bernardino was the first show in the States. I can't remember now which San it was, but they were the first two I'm pretty sure. cool smiley

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 1, 2021 21:57

[en.wikipedia.org]
floodonthepage
georgemcdonnell314

Maybe it would be fitting if the last US show was in Texas, as I think their first show in the US was in Texas (San Antonio) in '64.....or maybe San Antonio was the 2nd ever show and San Bernardino was the first show in the States. I can't remember now which San it was, but they were the first two I'm pretty sure. cool smiley

Date: August 1, 2021 22:07

artedm
[en.wikipedia.org]
floodonthepage
georgemcdonnell314

If the question is, "what is the most fitting city for the boys to take their final US bow in?", there's really no other answer than New York City.drinking smiley
(also the last city they played on their first tour )

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: August 1, 2021 22:48

MisterDDDD
artedm
[en.wikipedia.org]
floodonthepage
georgemcdonnell314

If the question is, "what is the most fitting city for the boys to take their final US bow in?", there's really no other answer than New York City.drinking smiley
(also the last city they played on their first tour )

I'd vote for one more in Chicago (nod to Chess) but of course, NYC would make sense in its own way as well. thumbs up

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: August 2, 2021 03:48

Yup, NYC would be a fantastic end to the tour.

But only one person was claiming Madison Square Garden was on the schedule, right?

Where's potus when we need him? He was always adamant that every US tour included MSG. I'd love for him to be correct for once... eye rolling smiley

Date: August 2, 2021 04:24

cyclist
Yup, NYC would be a fantastic end to the tour.

But only one person was claiming Madison Square Garden was on the schedule, right?

Where's potus when we need him? He was always adamant that every US tour included MSG. I'd love for him to be correct for once... eye rolling smiley

Lol... ((( potus!! ))) this is your time, man.

Yeah, just the one.
Unlikely as it seems, during more normal times, this rumor would fit perfectly.
Would be a bit bittersweet if true, a strong signal this is really the last US show(s) imo.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home