Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 29, 2021 05:25

Yeah.. I booked from Tue the 23rd - Sun the 28th.
A complete long shot on a lot of levels, but it doesn't cost anything and who knows?
Got a great rate on a decent spot, close to venue lined up. My b'day that tue, the boss (wife) would have to cut me loose winking smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 29, 2021 06:00

Doubt it but it would work for me. I have Delta miles and credits, a free place to stay at a friends place 5 subway stops away and a bar where my money isn't any good.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 29, 2021 08:41

Paddy
Has anyone received a refund from the Vancouver cancellation?

I had to change my credit card after someone tried using it, so I now have a different #. I assume it’ll still be refunded but just checking if anyone has received theirs yet.

I would contact Ticketmaster and your card provider if the card # has changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-29 08:43 by Topi.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 29, 2021 09:04

Paddy
Has anyone received a refund from the Vancouver cancellation?

I had to change my credit card after someone tried using it, so I now have a different #. I assume it’ll still be refunded but just checking if anyone has received theirs yet.

Hey Paddy, I bought tickets a few weeks ago when there was a major concert announcement for BC Place, but turned out to be Elton - which I bought tickets for Got my refund on my American Express a couple days ago after receiving an email from Ticketmaster saying the show was cancelled and that they would automatically credit my credit card. My original tickets I bought last year got credited last summer to my Amex.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: July 29, 2021 22:01

Presale happening now (7/29 12pm PST). Password: MONKEY

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 29, 2021 22:15

Vegas = terribly overpriced.

For example - limited side view seating....$469.59 + fees = $697.10.....whoa.............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-29 22:22 by Hairball.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: July 29, 2021 22:24

Platinum tickets are the devil’s creation. I’m convinced.

Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: July 29, 2021 22:29

Pitt secured for LA!!!!!! Total with fees $622 / ticket!

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: July 29, 2021 22:29

Hairball
Vegas = terribly overpriced.

Agreed. How do the promoters think this gig will be more successful than Vegas '16, when ticket prices plummeted and folks with night 1 tickets could exchange for night 2?

Date: July 29, 2021 22:30

rustytrinket86
Platinum tickets are the devil’s creation. I’m convinced.

True rustytrinket86 - but even the face value prices for Vegas are satanic.

Date: July 29, 2021 22:32

Oh, well beyond the anticipation beginning, TM spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You Got 'Em.

Let the Anticipation Begin.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: July 29, 2021 22:33

livefromuk
Pitt secured for LA!!!!!! Total with fees $622 / ticket!

I saw those! Pit 1. Dying for Pit 2 though so I let those go. Platinum is asking $2K each for those. INSANE. *sigh*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-29 22:34 by rustytrinket86.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 29, 2021 23:12

rara
Presale happening now (7/29 12pm PST). Password: MONKEY

Imagine it was MONEY

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 29, 2021 23:27

No surprise that prices are high. IF they do play at MSG to close this out (arguably The Last Time), it will obviously sell out immediately at even higher prices. And that one may be "vax only".

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 30, 2021 00:17

Hey people with Delta so much getting worse concerts could be stopped anytime

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 30, 2021 01:20

Thanks to all who replied, fired off an email to them just now.

I was going to take my neighbour as my LD partner, she’s 71 and never caught the stones. I’m more pissed for her than I am at missing out myself...

The thing that always amazes me, each time I’ve seen the stones is how many people are there seeing them for the first time, and I’m not talking about young people. People who have been fans for years and for whatever reason didn’t get to see them.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 30, 2021 03:06

Paddy

I was going to take my neighbour as my LD partner, she’s 71 and never caught the stones. I’m more pissed for her than I am at missing out myself...

The thing that always amazes me, each time I’ve seen the stones is how many people are there seeing them for the first time, and I’m not talking about young people. People who have been fans for years and for whatever reason didn’t get to see them.

I am going to SoFi with my 72 year old second cousin who has never seen them before. She almost made it to Altamont, but got stuck in traffic and wound up turning back. She is very excited to see them in October.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 30, 2021 03:27

JadedFaded
Paddy

I am going to SoFi with my 72 year old second cousin who has never seen them before. She almost made it to Altamont, but got stuck in traffic and wound up turning back. She is very excited to see them in October.

Hope she has a great time!

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: July 30, 2021 05:03

Does anyone know if The Stones are staying in LA (If so where?) or is Homebase in another city???

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2021 06:39

How long will it take for some people to wonder, since some people wondered if Corona lager was part of COVID, that the Delta variant will be a result of the airline.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2021 06:43

Word on the street: Tipitina's has cancelled shows due to vaxxed musicians getting COVID.

Some venues requiring, including Tips, vax proof or 3 day old test.

Businesses and schools, whatever, getting fed up and getting serious about COVID.

People screaming about rights, lawsuits - private businesses etc can do what they want. Fire you if you aren't vaxxed.

If you are not in the best interest of the public ie the world... bye.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 30, 2021 07:01

swaff
Does anyone know if The Stones are staying in LA (If so where?) or is Homebase in another city???

They will be staying in LA for about a week (likely at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills) during the days before and after the show there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-30 10:01 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 30, 2021 17:16

It's looking more like this entire tour may be in jeopardy.

A leaked Centers for Disease Control and Prevention document obtained by the Washington Post is quite a bombshell. The internal slide presentation focuses on the need for new messaging around COVID-19 now that the delta variant is surging in the US, and suggests that the variant is so contagious it's almost like an entirely new virus itself. Just how contagious? As much as chicken pox, the document states, spreading more easily than Ebola or the common cold. Perhaps most distressingly, it cites new research suggesting vaccinated people appear to spread delta just as easily as the unvaccinated.

Date: July 30, 2021 17:41

ON WITH THE SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the all caps.

Let's try to be positive on this we have two months before the first show and much can change in two months.

Date: July 30, 2021 17:46

The Sicilian

A leaked Centers for Disease Control and Prevention document obtained by the Washington Post is quite a bombshell. The internal slide presentation focuses on the need for new messaging around COVID-19 now that the delta variant is surging in the US, and suggests that the variant is so contagious it's almost like an entirely new virus itself. Just how contagious? As much as chicken pox, the document states, spreading more easily than Ebola or the common cold. Perhaps most distressingly, it cites new research suggesting vaccinated people appear to spread delta just as easily as the unvaccinated.

The next two months (a long time in covid moths) before opener a lot will change, for better or worse.

My money (literally) is on for the better.
The variant along with the all the other factors -mainly the unvaxxed dying, incentives, disincentives (proof for work, and a growing number of other places) etc. We'll see but I think before opener vax rates go up, we all get boosters, and things improve significantly.

Date: July 30, 2021 17:55

thumbs up
MisterDDDD
The Sicilian

The next two months (a long time in covid moths) before opener a lot will change, for better or worse.

My money (literally) is on for the better.
The variant along with the all the other factors -mainly the unvaxxed dying, incentives, disincentives (proof for work, and a growing number of other places) etc. We'll see but I think before opener vax rates go up, we all get boosters, and things improve significantly.

Date: July 30, 2021 17:57

The Sicilian

The harsh reality - hoping for the best.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: July 30, 2021 18:05

TornAndFried
swaff

They will be staying in LA for about a week (likely at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills) during the days before and after the show there.

Thank you TornAndFried

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 30, 2021 18:06

Anybody buy tickets yet for New Orleans?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 30, 2021 18:17

The Sicilian

Link to Washington Post article > [www.washingtonpost.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home