Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 27, 2021 01:38

GAFF
Hairball
The entire area and surrounding neighborhoods around SoFi stadium are "dodgy".

Or as jmd described it - "pretty grim".

jmd
I live within 5 miles of the new stadium and took a recon drive yesterday afternoon around Sofi; the area around Prairie/Century (major access roads surrounding Sofi Stadium complex) looks pretty grim.

Granted, but my walk back to the hotel after the show will be primarily through SOFI property, then a mad sprint about one block down West Century Blvd which is the main street. Had another place booked but canceled when I realized it was a 1.4 mile walk mainly off the beaten path.

what is the name of the hotel Mr. Gaffrey?

plexi

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 27, 2021 01:39

The United States currently bars most non-U.S. citizens who within the last 14 days have been in the United Kingdom, the 26 Schengen nations in Europe without internal border controls, or in Ireland, China, India, South Africa, Iran and Brazil.

Wonder how that will affect the tour, which starts in exactly 2 months.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 27, 2021 01:55

Just got my past purchaser's code.

It's a UNIQUE code for use in Los Angeles OR Las Vegas so don't post it. Or post it and see what happens. smiling smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 27, 2021 01:55

MisterDDDD
Booked at the Hilton LAX, through a site I've not used before but appears legit.
(have a back-up res at Holiday Inn Exp)

Stayforlonger is designed for reservations 3+ nights.
Hilton came in at $405 for the three nights I'll be there.
[www.stayforlong.com]

Unfortunately, over an hour walk from either of these hotels is no longer an easy one for me, but.. I'll get there winking smiley

Ha, I am booked at both of those hotels too. Hilton was $408 for three nights via stayforlonger (which is based in Spain), the Holiday Inn Express $370 for two nights via Expedia. So for another $38 I get a third night.

Figure I'll take an Uber early from the hotel to the stade so I don't run into unavailable transportation. Spose I could drive and park at the stade, but I don't fancy $60 parking! The trick is going to be getting an Uber after the show, unless I just wait for the majority of the crowd to clear out, which I have done before. Don't mind sitting in my seat after the show and watching everyone as they head out, watching the stage in full stadium lights (even if the PLEXIGLASS is no longer there in its physical form), collecting some empty Stones beer cups and such from all over the stands, things like that.

I plan on driving to all shows from Montana and yes, including Pittsburgh. Teamed up with a business trip so my travel costs are held to a minimum. The one possible glitch is that today, my employer said anyone coming in from out of state must quarantine 14 days due to Delta. I've got to hope that restriction is lifted come fall. Oh well, I've got or will have all LDs, all hotels are refundable, and so on if it comes to that. No huge investment to lose. So maybe I get in only one or two shows. Two will get me to 60 which is my minimal goal for this tour.

plexi

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: July 27, 2021 01:56

Just got the unique "Past Purchaser Presale Code" from Ticketmaster for LA and Vegas! So it is not a shareable code, they say in the email it will not work for another person.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: July 27, 2021 02:00

Dan
Just got my past purchaser's code.

It's a UNIQUE code for use in Los Angeles OR Las Vegas so don't post it. Or post it and see what happens. smiling smiley

Yes—just got mine too. I'm glad that it is a unique code for each person who had a cancelled ticket.

Posted by: StonesFan35 ()
Date: July 27, 2021 02:10

Thanks for the heads up about the unique code, good luck with the Presale, hope you score great seats!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 27, 2021 02:48

timbernardis
hockenheim95
[news.yahoo.com]

No good news for us Europeans. Travel Ban won't be lifted!

Hi Jan, however it does say "some say the industry may now have to wait until September or later for a possible revision." So maybe September.

plexi

If you can make it to Tijuana, you can backpack across the border. Maybe get a bus ticket to the city of your choice.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:02

I just received a unique presale code for LA or Vegas also...

Very happy for this, as I had refunded my 2 seats prior to the cancellation/refund in September for those who held onto their tix.

Thought folks would like to know...

Good luck to all this week and really lookin' forward to another great Vegas gig!

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:09

Whoo whoo I’m excited to go! Looks like the first 5 shows for me and I’m sure I’ll make it again before the tour ends.

I’ll start the search for accommodations now and look at the city threads for advice. Last Europe tour I managed to stay at a few of the same hotels as the Stones but I’m now finding those on the current tour already booked. At least for the two in cities I think I know the right place. I don’t bother them.

Any ideas about where to hear rehearsals?

Would a fund for the IORR Band help get a gig? They are professional musicians and put on a show that I am more that willing to contribute to.

One more question: I will attend some of the first five shows solo, one with friends, with the wife, some sober and some not. Which is best? I like the friends, wife and not.

Fun times! Many more than expected, many more hoped for! Like a European 60th and counting that we can all attend!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:11

TKinOH
I just received a unique presale code for LA or Vegas also...

Very happy for this, as I had refunded my 2 seats prior to the cancellation/refund in September for those who held onto their tix.

Thought folks would like to know...

Good luck to all this week and really lookin' forward to another great Vegas gig!

I got 2 codes since I had 2 orders with 2 accounts/email addresses. Now, if they don't restrict the same IP address I can try for both.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:14

I got the unique code email too for LA or LV! A relief since I purchased my SD ticket thru StubHub. Now decisions, decisions, whether to use the code for LA or LV, as I hope to go to both.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:20

Pittsburgh Pit1 (Ronnie’s side) are $491.00 at the moment - 7:15pm central.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:24

jbwelda
Hairball
angee
I like that too, "follow the tongues," thanks for that and directions, Hairball.

What about the Holly Crest Hotel, for LA, near LAX?

Never heard of it, but based on the location and the reviews on Tripadvisor, I would say no.

Scroll down this link for reviews - ---NO---

I wouldn't recommend any of the one and two star motels/hostels/dumps around the stadium - again, it's not the friendliest neighborhood.

-------------------------------------------------

First review listed on Tripadvisor:

Horrible experience
"Horrible, disgusting, and the staff don’t care.
1) room smells disgusting
2) small restroom/ showers you share with everyone in the building witch are very dirty
3) the sheets inside my room had a big yellow brown sheet all in the center
4) the staff do not care, the staff was lazy completely ignored my concerns
5) they do not give you a refund !
I am extremely disappointed that I spend my money on such a nasty room
Do not recommend anyone to stay here."

On the positive side though, don't have to go far for hookers and blow, its all right outside your door.

jb
thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beersmileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:33

timbernardis
GAFF
Hairball
The entire area and surrounding neighborhoods around SoFi stadium are "dodgy".

Or as jmd described it - "pretty grim".

jmd
I live within 5 miles of the new stadium and took a recon drive yesterday afternoon around Sofi; the area around Prairie/Century (major access roads surrounding Sofi Stadium complex) looks pretty grim.

Granted, but my walk back to the hotel after the show will be primarily through SOFI property, then a mad sprint about one block down West Century Blvd which is the main street. Had another place booked but canceled when I realized it was a 1.4 mile walk mainly off the beaten path.

what is the name of the hotel Mr. Gaffrey?

plexi

Staying at the Holiday Inn Express LAX on W. Century.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:39

Got mine too, whoppee!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 27, 2021 04:11

I got a presale code for Vegas or L.A. because I bought San Diego tix - interesting is I refunded those San Diego tickets as soon as I could when it was originally postponed last year!
Thought for sure it would be priority for those who held out until it was ultimately canceled, but guess those small details don't matter much to them.
Might fish around and see what I can see, but in no hurry to commit...it's the thrill of the chase....

Date: July 27, 2021 04:17

TheflyingDutchman
Hairball
GasLightStreet
Based on information from someone I know that is involved with the New Orleans Jazz And Heritage Festival... if I lived anywhere else but New Orleans and was planning on buying a ticket..

There were, from what I've seen, 1113 new cases in Louisiana today. July 21, over 5300.

So far the fest is still planned to go on but it is currently up in the air regarding what happens with the unvaxxed people.

Unvaxxed people are ruining everything.

Wondering what will happen with the unvaxxed people that have no plans to get vaccinated (for whatever reason) who previously bought tickets?

The unvaxxed have a higher risk to catch covid. The vaxxed not so much.

True, but I was referring to the possibility of new restrictions, vaccinated only sections, capacity limits being implemented, etc., and I guess that goes for all of the stadiums. Many people bought tix pre-pandemic, yet not all of them are willing or ready to have the vaccination. So far no word on new rules, but things are getting a bit wild out there with the Delta variant currently wreaking havoc whether vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-27 04:18 by Hairball.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 27, 2021 04:19

Hairball
]

True, but I was referring to the possibility of new restrictions, vaccinated only sections, capacity limits being implemented, etc., and I guess that goes for all of the stadiums. Many people bought tix pre-pandemic, yet not all of them are willing or ready to have the vaccination. So far no word on new rules, but things are getting a bit wild out there with the Delta variant currently wreaking havoc amongst vaccinated and unvaccinated.

They can still get refunds. I am sure at least some have died since buying tickets.

Date: July 27, 2021 04:29

Hairball
I got a presale code for Vegas or L.A. because I bought San Diego tix - interesting is I refunded those San Diego tickets as soon as I could when it was originally postponed last year!
Thought for sure it would be priority for those who held out until it was ultimately canceled, but guess those small details don't matter much to them.
Might fish around and see what I can see, but in no hurry to commit...it's the thrill of the chase....

Thrill? For me it’s the stress of the chase! I don’t know if I should use my code for LA tomorrow or for Vegas. I have NEVER had a good ticket for any of the many Stones concerts I’ve been to at the Rose Bowl, the Forum, Hollywood Bowl, etc. Part of me thinks I should go for the better ticket for Vegas since I never have any luck in LA and just try for whatever seats in LA on Wednesday. My preference is pit. I don’t expect to get pit in LA.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 27, 2021 04:37

Rokyfan
timbernardis
hockenheim95
[news.yahoo.com]

No good news for us Europeans. Travel Ban won't be lifted!

Hi Jan, however it does say "some say the industry may now have to wait until September or later for a possible revision." So maybe September.

plexi

If you can make it to Tijuana, you can backpack across the border. Maybe get a bus ticket to the city of your choice.

Don't forget the free Healthcare, welfare, food stamps, and being allowed to vote!

Date: July 27, 2021 05:00

Dan
Hairball
]

True, but I was referring to the possibility of new restrictions, vaccinated only sections, capacity limits being implemented, etc., and I guess that goes for all of the stadiums. Many people bought tix pre-pandemic, yet not all of them are willing or ready to have the vaccination. So far no word on new rules, but things are getting a bit wild out there with the Delta variant currently wreaking havoc amongst vaccinated and unvaccinated.

They can still get refunds. I am sure at least some have died since buying tickets.

Ha...that was kind of funny.....winking smiley

JadedFaded
Hairball

Thrill? For me it’s the stress of the chase! I don’t know if I should use my code for LA tomorrow or for Vegas. I have NEVER had a good ticket for any of the many Stones concerts I’ve been to at the Rose Bowl, the Forum, Hollywood Bowl, etc. Part of me thinks I should go for the better ticket for Vegas since I never have any luck in LA and just try for whatever seats in LA on Wednesday. My preference is pit. I don’t expect to get pit in LA.

Stress of the chase lol...that's all part of the thrill....thumbs up

Best advice is to not stress and let everything fall in to place....hopefully....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 27, 2021 06:12

Hairball
TheflyingDutchman
Hairball
GasLightStreet
Based on information from someone I know that is involved with the New Orleans Jazz And Heritage Festival... if I lived anywhere else but New Orleans and was planning on buying a ticket..

There were, from what I've seen, 1113 new cases in Louisiana today. July 21, over 5300.

So far the fest is still planned to go on but it is currently up in the air regarding what happens with the unvaxxed people.

Unvaxxed people are ruining everything.

Wondering what will happen with the unvaxxed people that have no plans to get vaccinated (for whatever reason) who previously bought tickets?

The unvaxxed have a higher risk to catch covid. The vaxxed not so much.

True, but I was referring to the possibility of new restrictions, vaccinated only sections, capacity limits being implemented, etc., and I guess that goes for all of the stadiums. Many people bought tix pre-pandemic, yet not all of them are willing or ready to have the vaccination. So far no word on new rules, but things are getting a bit wild out there with the Delta variant currently wreaking havoc whether vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-27 06:12 by MisterDDDD.

Date: July 27, 2021 08:38

When are we expecting lucky dips for the new venues to go on sale?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 27, 2021 09:33

At the start of the general on-sale on Friday.

See the LD thread for direct links.

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: July 27, 2021 11:10

Travel restrictions: News aren't good for those planning to travel from Europe to see the Stones

"...may now have to wait until September or later for a possible revision"

Reuters - U.S. will not lift travel restrictions

Date: July 27, 2021 11:33

As regards the "San Diego Past Purchaser" pre-sale code:

The e-mail says it's 4 tickets per code and you can only use it for LA OR Vegas.

But is it 4 tickets per code both shows combined? Meaning if you buy 2 for LA,can you still buy 2 more for Vegas?

I guess we'll find out.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 27, 2021 13:34

Seems to me, it's either one venue or the other but not both.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 27, 2021 13:52

At least it can't hurt to try the code at both if you're not getting 4 tickets to one show.

Anyways, a million more presales coming up this week so lots of chances to score.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 27, 2021 14:32

Topi
At least it can't hurt to try the code at both if you're not getting 4 tickets to one show.

Anyways, a million more presales coming up this week so lots of chances to score.

Thats what I was thinking as well Topi..
I'm planning on Lucky Dips for both locations, but have a code from the cancelled SD show.
They should have sent LD holders a code for a special LD presale in a perfect world winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1790
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home