Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 25, 2021 21:27

Anyone know anything about a presale for Vegas?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 25, 2021 21:35

Topi
24FPS
Seems silly to buy tickets ahead of time, especially for a stadium show. Do you even know what seats you're getting ahead of time on Ticketmaster? It's ticket roulette and you usually lose. There's plenty of seats at the box office. Go a couple days before the concert and see what's left, or what's been returned due to bad credit cards. Or the group itself releasing seats. I have never failed to get a good ticket by going the night of. The box office almost always has something good left, with no Ticketmaster fees. Failing that just print out a map of the stadium and dicker with scalpers trying to unload their rapidly depreciating product.

Of course you know what seats you are buying on Ticketmaster. Why wouldn't you?

If I wanted, say, a pit ticket for face value, and I saw one on Ticketmaster, why wouldn't I buy it now?

Over the phone? They tell you which seats they are before buying them? That must be new. It used to be you were blind and just got what you got. Good for them. Sure, get a pit ticket. I've seen them close up so it wouldn't be that big a thrill. Especially $500!

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: July 25, 2021 21:37

Would be cool for them to play Scarlet, the lost track from GHS days that they recently released (w/ cameo from Jimmy Page!)

video: [www.youtube.com]

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 25, 2021 22:05

Hound Dog

Anyone know anything about a presale for Vegas?

See here - [iorr.org] . It's the same for New Orleans, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 25, 2021 22:12

Hi y‘all,
Germany calling. I just got my reservation for the Luxor in Las Vegas - now I only need a ticket to the show. It‘s not supposed to sound especially stupid, but pre-sales never worked for me when I tried. Any advice how to get a ticket that is better than „a backpack full of money at the entrance gate on show date“ would be highly appreciated!
Let’s Vegas ;-)
Cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 25, 2021 22:17

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 22:27 by Topi.

Date: July 25, 2021 22:19

24FPS
Topi
24FPS
Seems silly to buy tickets ahead of time, especially for a stadium show. Do you even know what seats you're getting ahead of time on Ticketmaster? It's ticket roulette and you usually lose. There's plenty of seats at the box office. Go a couple days before the concert and see what's left, or what's been returned due to bad credit cards. Or the group itself releasing seats. I have never failed to get a good ticket by going the night of. The box office almost always has something good left, with no Ticketmaster fees. Failing that just print out a map of the stadium and dicker with scalpers trying to unload their rapidly depreciating product.

Of course you know what seats you are buying on Ticketmaster. Why wouldn't you?

If I wanted, say, a pit ticket for face value, and I saw one on Ticketmaster, why wouldn't I buy it now?

Over the phone? They tell you which seats they are before buying them? That must be new. It used to be you were blind and just got what you got. Good for them. Sure, get a pit ticket. I've seen them close up so it wouldn't be that big a thrill. Especially $500!

Phone??? Who orders tickets by phone in 2021? I'm talking about the Ticketmaster website. You know, seating charts and all that? You can actually choose your own seat on a map.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 22:23 by Topi.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 25, 2021 22:20

Holding off on tix to see if this is actually going to happen or not : /

Date: July 25, 2021 22:21

Fillmore
Hi y‘all,
Germany calling. I just got my reservation for the Luxor in Las Vegas - now I only need a ticket to the show. It‘s not supposed to sound especially stupid, but pre-sales never worked for me when I tried. Any advice how to get a ticket that is better than „a backpack full of money at the entrance gate on show date“ would be highly appreciated!
Let’s Vegas ;-)
Cheers, Fillmore

Pro tip; just don't buy a Platinum/VIP ticket. ONLY search for Standard Price tickets on Ticketmaster.

Try the presale, try the general sale, don't panic.Nothing is ever sold out. You'll get in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 22:24 by Topi.

Date: July 25, 2021 22:25

Fillmore

pre-sales never worked for me when I tried. Any advice how to get a ticket that is better than „a backpack full of money at the entrance gate on show date“

Simply a Ticket from the general sale (30-Jul-2021)? They'll play Las Vegas on 6-Nov-2021 - still some time until then. Since it's a new date and it's a Stadium there could also be Lucky-Dip-Tickets.

If you travel from Germany I would consider a Travel- / Ticket-insurance - you never know how the Covid-19 situation will be in November 2021. Remember also 19-Oct-2016 - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 22:30 by Irix.

Date: July 25, 2021 22:50

Remember: ticket insurance only covers the situations where you cannot attend a scheduled event yourself due to a covered reason (illness, death of a family member etc.). It's got nothing to do with events being rescheduled/postponed/canceled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 22:52 by Topi.

Date: July 25, 2021 23:05

Topi

It's got nothing to do with events being rescheduled/postponed/canceled.

Yep - but you still have to pay the (expensive) Flight and Hotel. Las Vegas 19-Oct-2016 was cancelled 24 hours before the Show. Some fans from Europe were already on the plane when they got the message about the cancellation.

Date: July 25, 2021 23:08

Irix
Topi

It's got nothing to do with events being rescheduled/postponed/canceled.

Yep - but you still have to pay the (expensive) Flight and Hotel. Las Vegas 19-Oct-2016 was cancelled 24 hours before the Show. Some fans from Europe were already on the plane when they got the message about the cancellation.

Concert ticket insurance won't help with that, I'm afraid. Now, a plane ticket / hotel booking with flexibility might help, but then again that depends on the conditions.

Fully cancellable plane tickets are ridiculously expensive. Hotels, less so.

Would travel insurance cover your travel costs if a concert you're going to on your trip gets cancelled? Doubtful. It didn't affect the travel itself, right? Your travel insurance company doesn't have to care why you are traveling.

There are always risks with traveling to shows. The best bet is to just get flexible flight options, as costly as it may be.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 23:25 by Topi.

Date: July 25, 2021 23:12

Sorry, double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 23:13 by Topi.

Date: July 25, 2021 23:15

Topi

Concert ticket insurance won't help with that, I'm afraid.

I mainly wrote about an Travel-insurance (and Covid-19). I have no clue about the Ticket-prices for Las Vegas, but I'm still "shocked" from the €799 prices for the Pit-Tickets in Germany 2017/18 (hence the Ticket-insurance).

Date: July 25, 2021 23:17

You specifically mentioned ticket insurance as well, that's why I pointed that part out. People need to know what a ticket insurance covers and what it does not.

Travel insurance, on the other hand, is also an entirely different thing from flexible/cancellable travel bookings. Basically, travel insurance covers the situations where you are too ill to travel according to the schedule, there are extraordinary delays etc. - naturally depending on the terms and conditions of the policy.

Travel insurance has nothing to do with a concert getting postponed/cancelled at your travel destination.

Again, there are inherent risks you have to take, especially if you're traveling from far abroad.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 23:27 by Topi.

Date: July 25, 2021 23:31

Topi

Again, there are inherent risks you have to take, especially if you're traveling from far abroad.

And therefore: check the insurances and their conditions to minimize these risks.

Date: July 25, 2021 23:40

Exactly. And worst case, if you already are on the plane across the pond and a show gets cancelled at the last minute, no insurance in the world is going to make you whole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 23:41 by Topi.

Date: July 26, 2021 00:10

And if you have enough money to burn, you don't need an insurance. winking smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 26, 2021 00:17

Never been a better time to book flights with regards to flexibility.It is true that fully flexible tickets are usually sky high prices and typically the reserve of last minute business travelers but that is not the case during the pandemic where many airlines are allowing full flexibility on most tickets including the cheapest ones.I flew from Heathrow to Mexico City with BA this week in first class for less than the price of economy and I could have pulled the plug on the ticket right up until departure.

Anyone thinking about seeing the Stones this year and having to fly to get there should be booking now as there is no financial loss if you decide to cancel for any reason.Most airlines are now offering either refunds or vouchers for future travel.Once travel opens up more freely between Europe and the USA demand will rise significantly and prices will increase.

Nate

Date: July 26, 2021 00:27

Yes, right now airlines are your best buddies.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 26, 2021 00:45

I have a couple airline credits I've been sitting on since the tour postponed.

One airline offered me like 60,000 points (eq two cross country r/t's) for not getting a refund on a $105 fare. Just used half the miles to book a free r/t for Nashville. The other points will more than cover my LA trip.

Another airline credit I kept on the books has my Vegas trip covered, Allegiant (same as stadium), that has always been a cheap r/t to Vegas from here.Takes a bit of the sting out of some of the hotel costs.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 26, 2021 02:14

If they do Ghost Town and they get a good reaction, with people singing along, I think they'll keep it in the set-list, at least for some of the shows.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-26 13:01 by angee.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 26, 2021 02:20

Vegas pricing:
Vegas prices: Face
$25.76
$680.07
OTD
$33.49
$884.09

LA pricing:
Face
$29.50
$499.50
OTD
$38.35
$649.35

Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: July 26, 2021 03:07

Just a continuation of a previous post but NASHVILLE Rooms are thru the roof $$$$ and I talked to a travel agent friend who was just down their said it is insane $$ . . she even stayed outta town . . . anyway to chime in . . . you all should know you will be getting Pre Sale passwords from the Stones fan club via eamil and according to the emails come on Tuesday . . . I already have Pre Sale Passwords for Las Vegas from a sponsor and LA you can get from other sources already . . . so if you are San Diego previous ticket holder I would hope you have your Pre Sale passwords by now . . . all the best and if things work out I will be throwing a Stones pre party VIPVegas-style affair . . so stay tuned

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 26, 2021 03:14

Dan
Vegas pricing:
Vegas prices: Face
$25.76
$680.07
OTD
$33.49
$884.09

LA pricing:
Face
$29.50
$499.50
OTD
$38.35
$649.35

Good to get confirmation they'll be Lucky Dips.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-26 03:15 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: July 26, 2021 03:16

yes a pre sale for Vegas Tuesday

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 26, 2021 04:58

angee
I like that too, "follow the tongues," thanks for that and directions, Hairball.

What about the Holly Crest Hotel, for LA, near LAX?

Never heard of it, but based on the location and the reviews on Tripadvisor, I would say no.

Scroll down this link for reviews - ---NO---

I wouldn't recommend any of the one and two star motels/hostels/dumps around the stadium - again, it's not the friendliest neighborhood.

-------------------------------------------------

First review listed on Tripadvisor:

Horrible experience
"Horrible, disgusting, and the staff don’t care.
1) room smells disgusting
2) small restroom/ showers you share with everyone in the building witch are very dirty
3) the sheets inside my room had a big yellow brown sheet all in the center
4) the staff do not care, the staff was lazy completely ignored my concerns
5) they do not give you a refund !
I am extremely disappointed that I spend my money on such a nasty room
Do not recommend anyone to stay here."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-26 06:20 by Hairball.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: July 26, 2021 06:16

Hairball
angee

What about the Holly Crest Hotel, for LA, near LAX?

Never heard of it, but based on the location and the reviews on Tripadvisor, I would say no.

Scroll down for reviews - ---NO---

I wouldn't recommend any of the one and two star motels/hostels/dumps around the stadium - again, it's not the friendliest neighborhood.

Agree with this. I live within 5 miles of the new stadium and took a recon drive yesterday afternoon around Sofi; the area around Prairie/Century (major access roads surrounding Sofi Stadium complex) looks pretty grim. Although some new development is expected around Sofi and the new arena the Clippers are building, it’s still some years away.

I’d look in area around LAX or El Segundo for a hotel.

Hopefully in next month or so as Rams and Chargers start to play games there will be some clarity on transit options to Sofi. There will need to be some alternatives as there’s nowhere near enough parking on site and the opening of Crenshaw/LAX Transit Line is delayed to 2022.

(And, yes, plan to spend north of $50 minimum to park.)

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 26, 2021 06:30

KevinPenthouse
Just a continuation of a previous post but NASHVILLE Rooms are thru the roof $$$$ and I talked to a travel agent friend who was just down their said it is insane $$ . . she even stayed outta town . . . anyway to chime in . . . you all should know you will be getting Pre Sale passwords from the Stones fan club via eamil and according to the emails come on Tuesday . . . I already have Pre Sale Passwords for Las Vegas from a sponsor and LA you can get from other sources already . . . so if you are San Diego previous ticket holder I would hope you have your Pre Sale passwords by now . . . all the best and if things work out I will be throwing a Stones pre party VIPVegas-style affair . . so stay tuned

I had a San Diego ticket but purchased thru StubHub. I have not received a presale password for LA. If anyone can share that with me, I would much appreciate it!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home