Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 23, 2021 23:50

Hairball
shattered
Hairball
Was staring at the Vegas date earlier while deeply contemplating and meditating, and it suddenly dawned on me that is my wife's BIRTHDAY!!!
Gotta make it happen.. she loves Vegas...and the Stones...L.A. and Vegas here we come....winking smileythumbs up

hot smiley

Free/comped rooms w/M Life Rewards all set up at the Luxor hotel and walking distance to stadium makes it all even more tempting,
but gonna think it through a bit more before fully committing...might just stick with the L.A. date after all.

winking smileyDon't do what Basil did.............winking smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 24, 2021 00:19

Plexi, what hotels did you find for Minneapolis? Thanks.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 24, 2021 00:36

Seems silly to buy tickets ahead of time, especially for a stadium show. Do you even know what seats you're getting ahead of time on Ticketmaster? It's ticket roulette and you usually lose. There's plenty of seats at the box office. Go a couple days before the concert and see what's left, or what's been returned due to bad credit cards. Or the group itself releasing seats. I have never failed to get a good ticket by going the night of. The box office almost always has something good left, with no Ticketmaster fees. Failing that just print out a map of the stadium and dicker with scalpers trying to unload their rapidly depreciating product.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 24, 2021 00:36

Is there a pre-sale for New Orleans? Can somebody post the link, please?

Date: July 24, 2021 00:44

Those shows were pre pandemic.

For their health and safety it may be different this time around.

NashvilleBlues
georgemcdonnell314
I dont see as much on the B stage this time around

Why not? There is more than six feet from the band to the closest fans, if they (Stones) don’t reach out for high fives or whatever, right? Seemed to be the case in Nashville and DC.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 24, 2021 00:51

georgemcdonnell314
Those shows were pre pandemic.

For their health and safety it may be different this time around.

NashvilleBlues
georgemcdonnell314
I dont see as much on the B stage this time around

Why not? There is more than six feet from the band to the closest fans, if they (Stones) don’t reach out for high fives or whatever, right? Seemed to be the case in Nashville and DC.

I’m saying the way it was set up before was already socially distanced. No need to change.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 24, 2021 01:46

rbk
Is there a pre-sale for New Orleans? Can somebody post the link, please?

Trying to figure this out as well.
Looks like only those that bought or buy VIP packages etc for the festival will participate in a pre-sale(?)

Not certain though.

Rolling Stones added to 2021 New Orleans Jazz Fest lineup

"General admission and VIP tickets for the Rolling Stones at Jazz Fest go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. on Friday, July 30 at www.nojazzfest.com.

Fans that have purchased 3-day weekend passes, VIP packages, Brass Passes and official travel packages for the 2021 Festival as of 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 25 will be part of a limited presale opportunity."
[www.wafb.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 24, 2021 02:07

Hairball
shattered
Hairball
Was staring at the Vegas date earlier while deeply contemplating and meditating, and it suddenly dawned on me that is my wife's BIRTHDAY!!!
Gotta make it happen.. she loves Vegas...and the Stones...L.A. and Vegas here we come....winking smileythumbs up

hot smiley

Free/comped rooms w/M Life Rewards all set up at the Luxor hotel and walking distance to stadium makes it all even more tempting,
but gonna think it through a bit more before fully committing...might just stick with the L.A. date after all.

I am in the same spot. I have an invite to stay with friends who live there and going. Will do LA carefully.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 24, 2021 02:38

Hairball, I'm considering Las Vegas and LA, likely can only do one.
That walking distance to the stadium is a big draw for me.

Depends on which ticket I can score, I think.

(MisterDDDD, on these shows, have you checked your email of late?)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 24, 2021 02:46

Topi
JadedFaded
Anybody who had San Diego tickets, please post when you receive your email from Ticketmaster about the special pre-sale for LA. I bought my San Diego ticket thru StubHub, so I don’t know if I’ll get access to the pre-sale or not. I am hoping I will, because the ticket had been transferred to me, but Ticketmaster may only email the original purchaser.

Would bet TM will email the originsl purchaser. Don't worry, we got you.

Thx!

Date: July 24, 2021 03:14

Will check Andee..

I am trying to figure out an itinerary that works, and exhausting all the possibilities. Reminds me of Zip Code. Lotta miles in between shows.
Some of it may be based on the Lucky Dip situation (most of tour budget goes for travel, and then I try to make it up in LD's)
Definitely flying into Nashville, one of the two sets I'm still sitting on, and one of the flight credits still on the books from original dates.

Looking at renting a car and driving to New Orleans from there, 8 hour drive, which would be nice (love to be able to drive as opposed to fly)
That is kind of dependent on pricing for NO and layout etc for the cheap seats.

Not even going to stay for the second weekend of JF.. just in to see the Stones this time, if I go.
No Lucky Dips there to help out is my assumption based on last time they tried to play Jazz Fest. If I do NO, then I'll likely drop Austin or LA, even though I'm sitting on LD's for Austin.

Getting to the venues always a consideration, but hey.. gotta a brand new hip, havta break it in sometime cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-24 03:17 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 24, 2021 03:25

It might be cheaper to fly than rent a car and drop in another city. Rentals cars are scarce and $$$$$$$.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 24, 2021 03:38

24FPS
Seems silly to buy tickets ahead of time, especially for a stadium show. Do you even know what seats you're getting ahead of time on Ticketmaster? It's ticket roulette and you usually lose. There's plenty of seats at the box office. Go a couple days before the concert and see what's left, or what's been returned due to bad credit cards. Or the group itself releasing seats. I have never failed to get a good ticket by going the night of. The box office almost always has something good left, with no Ticketmaster fees. Failing that just print out a map of the stadium and dicker with scalpers trying to unload their rapidly depreciating product.

How did that work at the Rose Bowl?

smiling smiley smiling smiley

Soldier Field night 2 the price just kept going up tho no idea what it was like on the street.

Date: July 24, 2021 03:39

kv2915
It might be cheaper to fly than rent a car and drop in another city. Rentals cars are scarce and $$$$$$$.

My first thought as well.. Came in with taxes etc <$100.
Going to take advantage of the wheels and stop in Memphis for the night cool smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 24, 2021 04:05

Dan
24FPS

How did that work at the Rose Bowl?

smiling smiley smiling smiley

Soldier Field night 2 the price just kept going up tho no idea what it was like on the street.

I haven't been to a Stones show since 2013. No interest, maybe this time for nostalgia, say goodbye, not expect much. In 2013 I had 'Lucky' dip and they were crap. In 2006, at Dodger Stadium, I walked right up to the box office and got primo seats up front, no fees. In 2002 I went up to the Box Office at 5:30 for an 8PM show and got 17th row on the side. These were the band's own tickets they held until near showtime. I sat among celebrities. It was great. Dodger Stadium in 1997 got great seats at face value from a scalper. Box office night of concert for the Hollywood Bowl in 2005 or 2006, I'd have to check. Great luck. I know it's harder if you have to put up with a worried date. Luckily I know some adventurous women and it's always worked out fine.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 24, 2021 04:16

BeastyBurdeny
Rocktiludrop
BeastyBurdeny
I cannot express how disappointed I am that Vancouver was cancelled. Stones haven't played in Western Canada since 2006... I'm disappointed they couldn't hold off and announce it later, if possible, and cancel later if need be.

Yeah but Cannada have gone a bit radical in recent times, a bit over the top when it comes to covid, can't say as I'm surprised the Stones saw that venue as too risky, same situation with New York.

Why not play Calgary or Edmonton then... Alberta is wide open as far as restrictions go.

I wonder if it’s something to do with crew & equipment crossing the border?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 24, 2021 04:41

keefmick
Plexi, what hotels did you find for Minneapolis? Thanks.

I settled on one called the Graduate Minneapolis which claimed that it had unique local qualities, very Minneapolis or Minnesotan, something like that. It is 1.36 miles from the stade/stadium which is further away than I wanted, but the cost was less than some others which were closer. Has a "Wonderful" rating (higher than Excellent). I am going to be paying $367.39 including tax for two nights but parking was another $50.

I really spent a lot of time looking at all the fine details of several places near the stade on Expedia, being sure to select only places that were on a Fully Refundable, Reserve Now/Pay Later (at the hotel) basis. And as much as possible, I made them "cancelable" with that full refund available up to the 22nd which is the night before I check in on the 23rd. Show is on the 24th, Saturday.

Here are some of my notes on other places fairly close to the stade, all are check in on the 23rd, check out the 25th:

second choice: Best Western Plus the Normandy Inn & Suites. .48/mi. from the stade, nice and woodsy look, has an Excellent rating, $437 plus 24 parking

Radisson Red Minneapolis -- prolly the swankiest and closest to the stade at .29 mi. away, has an Excellent rating but is $700 for two nights, didn't check parking

Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown -- looks very nice from the pics, .82/mi. from stade, but fully refundable date must cancel by is 10/20, $509 including parking (sorry I stopped separating the parking out from the rest of the cost at about 4 am, so it will be included in all the rest of these below), $509 inc. parking

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis -- wasn't terribly impressed by pics, kind of ultra modern, .99/mi. from stade, $445 inc parking

Marquette, .69/mi from stade, $475 inc. parking
AC Hotel, .83/mi. from stade, $464 inc. parking
Holiday Inn, .72/mi from stade, but fully refundable date must cancel by is 10/16, $490 inc. parking
Minneapolis Marriott, .83/mi. from stade, but fully refundable date must cancel by is 10/21, $476 inc. parking

this is way more detail than you will ever need, but since I did the research, thought I would present it in all its detail.

plexi

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-24 05:03 by timbernardis.

Date: July 24, 2021 05:00

Mr. DDDD, can you shoot me an email to tim_bernardis@hotmail.com.

plexi

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 24, 2021 05:05

Is it possible they add a show or two in Canada following the Austin gig? If the border situation clarifies in the next month or two, maybe this is a possibility for Vancouver, Toronto or even Montreal...

Or from Austin they could tack on Mexico City, but I can only guess on the COVID scenario there.

To my knowledge on the ticket offer for our cancelled gig in Louisville, the offer for Nashville seats was from 7-22 to 7-29... I believe it just cut my buddy in to grab any available seat not already sold these last 17 months, but I myself couldn't select Standard Tickets through the Filters on TM when I tried to pull the trigger on Nashville earlier yesterday. Only Platinum and Packages were there to select for me... We grabbed lower bowl seats for face value via the Louisville cancellation email, which only offered Nashville for us, the nearest show...

Date: July 24, 2021 05:35

TKinOH
Is it possible they add a show or two in Canada following the Austin gig? If the border situation clarifies in the next month or two, maybe this is a possibility for Vancouver, Toronto or even Montreal...

I certainly have been holding out hopes for that, particularly Vancouver, which by all accounts they really wanted to get in.

The posting from BC Place about the cancellation doesn't leave me very hopeful at this stage though.. "to exhaust all possibilities".. but-
stranger things have happened.

Date: July 24, 2021 05:55

I would just love to see them and go to BC/Vancouver one more time. Had LDs. Still no email from TM about any of my two canceled shows.

plexi

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 24, 2021 05:57

Pit tickets for Detroit are now below $500….

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Date: July 24, 2021 06:12

Irix
dcarey

No NYC or even surrounding area shows ?

Maybe it'll come as additional date?

Just saw on Instagram on comment section from Mick's video
@laylaginger12 as far as I know (from very reliable sources). That they are supposed to end this tour at Madison square garden. We'll see. they will probably play the garden for a couple of nights.
[www.instagram.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-24 06:17 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: July 24, 2021 06:40

DiegoGlimmerStones
@laylaginger12 as far as I know (from very reliable sources). That they are supposed to end this tour at Madison square garden. We'll see. they will probably play the garden for a couple of nights.
[www.instagram.com]

Plot thickens.. this would be fantastic!!!
Would be great if more rumors substantiated this, or better yet they announced them sooner rather than later..
Would be fantastic to see them "splattered all over Manhattan" again. Shidoobee.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 24, 2021 06:58

MisterDDDD
DiegoGlimmerStones
[www.instagram.com]

Plot thickens.. this would be fantastic!!!
Would be great if more rumors substantiated this, or better yet they announced them sooner rather than later..
Would be fantastic to see them "splattered all over Manhattan" again. Shidoobee.

Mentioned this earlier, I think if they play there it will be No. 25!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 24, 2021 07:03

Anyone getting a ticket for the New Orleans Jazz Fest show... get ticket insurance.

Date: July 24, 2021 07:35

GasLightStreet
Anyone getting a ticket for the New Orleans Jazz Fest show... get ticket insurance.

Why? Curious.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: July 24, 2021 07:54

MisterDDDD
TKinOH

I certainly have been holding out hopes for that, particularly Vancouver, which by all accounts they really wanted to get in.

The posting from BC Place about the cancellation doesn't leave me very hopeful at this stage though.. "to exhaust all possibilities".. but-
stranger things have happened.

British Columbia has a 4 step Covid reopening plan. Currently step 3 is in place. Step 4 will hopefully be achieved by Sept. 7th and it is noted that “capacity will increase again on outdoor gatherings, including concerts” but there is no clarification as to how much that capacity will be, as of yet. And you can bet that there will be no announcement from the provincial government until nearer the date of Sept. 7th. Doesn’t rule out the possibility though? Or maybe not, the statement from the venue sounds pretty definitive.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-24 08:11 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 24, 2021 08:06

24FPS

Of course you know what seats you are buying on Ticketmaster. Why wouldn't you?

If I wanted, say, a pit ticket for face value, and I saw one on Ticketmaster, why wouldn't I buy it now?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 24, 2021 08:09

angee
Hairball, I'm considering Las Vegas and LA, likely can only do one.
That walking distance to the stadium is a big draw for me.

Depends on which ticket I can score, I think.

It's a tough call really angee - I live apprx. 60 miles up the coast from L.A., so for me that's an easy drive back and forth. Or I can stay with family or friends who still live down in Santa Monica which is apprx. 10 miles from the stadium. The SoFi stadium is in Inglewood next to the Forum, and have to be honest (and others can probably vouch as well), but that area around the stadium is not really the friendliest to put it politely. Not sure what type of hotels or motels are nearby, or if there are any within walking distance, but the safest bet imo would be to stay at one of the nicer hotels around LAX and take a cab to and fro which my wife and I have done several times in the past for shows at the Forum.

The new Vegas stadium on the other hand is right across the freeway from some of the greatest hotels Vegas has to offer - most within walking distance. Mandalay Bay, Delano, Luxor, New York New York, MGM, and the Tropicana, or if on a a budget the Excalibur but that place has seen better days. Still contemplating whether to gor for L.A. and Vegas, but no doubt L.A. is the priority for us for a variety of reasons.
That said, our comped room for three nights at Luxor on my wifes birthday to see the Stones is beckoning...begging...almost demanding I go for that as well ha. I guess time will tell............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-24 08:41 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home