Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 22, 2021 22:22

I'm too lazy to check, did they offer any links for the pre-sales for the newly announced venues?

Re: Tour announchement for 2021
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2021 22:28

DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35
buffalo7478
I know Buffalo, with the NFL controlling the stadium, only had one possible week in September to host a show. Guessing that is why Buffalo is out.

Guessing Vancouver is out because of questions of when the border was to open. Though they seems to be settled in the last 2 days, I'm sure the schedule and logistics were already in-place.

The Canadian border is reopening to fully vaccinated Americans soon and then to other countries shortly after. I'm wondering if it's because here in BC, you're still not allowed to have full capacity events. BC Lions start football soon and they usually only play lower bowl BC Place but now it's 50% of the lower bowl so they can have around 13000 in attendance.
Regardless, it sucks for Vancouver Stones fans as well as fans in the whole Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. Oh well, I'll get another large credit on my Amex card.

Tattoo You Super Deluxe here you come!

Yay, to go along with the original album, cassette, CD and 94 Virgin remaster, which had the extended Slave.

See and I didn't realize that the Virgin remaster had the extended Slave or I would have bought it!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 22:30

treaclefingers
DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35
buffalo7478
I know Buffalo, with the NFL controlling the stadium, only had one possible week in September to host a show. Guessing that is why Buffalo is out.

Guessing Vancouver is out because of questions of when the border was to open. Though they seems to be settled in the last 2 days, I'm sure the schedule and logistics were already in-place.

The Canadian border is reopening to fully vaccinated Americans soon and then to other countries shortly after. I'm wondering if it's because here in BC, you're still not allowed to have full capacity events. BC Lions start football soon and they usually only play lower bowl BC Place but now it's 50% of the lower bowl so they can have around 13000 in attendance.
Regardless, it sucks for Vancouver Stones fans as well as fans in the whole Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. Oh well, I'll get another large credit on my Amex card.

Yay, to go along with the original album, cassette, CD and 94 Virgin remaster, which had the extended Slave.

See and I didn't realize that the Virgin remaster had the extended Slave or I would have bought it!

Bought all the Virgin remasters in 94, 2 copies of Some Girls. Slave is probably my least favourite song on the album! Looking back, I should have bought 2 copies of Sticky Fingers with the zipper.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 22, 2021 22:35

Javadave
I'm too lazy to check, did they offer any links for the pre-sales for the newly announced venues?

No links yet, but I guess the presale dates were announced, at least for LA it will be on the 27th. Vegas says "onsale date and times are in the works".

New Orleans doesn't even appear on TM as of yet.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2021 22:36

DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35
buffalo7478

Bought all the Virgin remasters in 94, 2 copies of Some Girls. Slave is probably my least favourite song on the album! Looking back, I should have bought 2 copies of Sticky Fingers with the zipper.

I got one copy of Sticky with the Zipper. That was the only one of the special copies I bought...before I really got into the 'collecting' part of it, though had all the albums on vinyl.

Slave is great. I started a whole thread on it a few years ago, something about it being the best song of the last 30 years or something. I was young and foolish.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 22, 2021 22:51

Anyone planning to go to Jazzfest, book accommodations NOW! I can’t stress this enough!

Posted by: Telly ()
Date: July 22, 2021 23:04

They're starting their tour in my hometown and where I saw them for 1st time in 89, on my birthday in 97, and arena show in 06! Also got Dips for Atlanta. Will be my 20th & 21st time seeing them. Returned my original tix for STL and bought new back on June 1st but still not received them so hope they fire up the printing press now that the shows are announced.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 23:04

psyched for those who can make it! couple of my lucky dip dates won't work now so I'll be putting those in for anyone who wants a heads up!

I also appreciate whoever gave a heads up couple months back on Pittsburgh date, unfortunately I booked for the 3rd and the hotel won't slide me up a day without charging a lot more so, it was a noble attempt and gamble, but my Pittsburgh LDs going into the pot as well smiling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 22, 2021 23:05

Javadave

did they offer any links for the pre-sales for the newly announced venues?

See here: [Twitter.com] . Tickets: [RollingStones.com] - (scroll down).

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 22, 2021 23:10

Thanks, Irix!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 22, 2021 23:14

That must be the Stones tour with the shortest notice. Only two months. The sales video has the, by now, typical Stones features - blond teenage models in the front row.
So guys hurry up to claim your tickets before the models do...

Date: July 22, 2021 23:18

Short notice, sure, but you have to take into account that this was a previously postponed, now rescheduled tour, not a completely new one. The majority of the tickets had already been sold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-22 23:19 by Topi.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 23:19

For all those people that said the Stones would never tour this year your predictions were wrong.....see you at the show.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 23:24

Stoneage
That must be the Stones tour with the shortest notice. Only two months.
Incorrect. 50 & Counting announced 3 April 2013, first show (not including the club gig) was 3 May 2013.

Date: July 22, 2021 23:36

" Pre-sale for New Orleans, Los Angeles and Las Vegas commence Wednesday 28 July, sign up now to access: [the-rolling-stones.lnk.to]
Tickets go on general sale Friday, July 30"

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 22, 2021 23:38

W-o-W! This is so great!

What a band!!

Date: July 22, 2021 23:45

ohmercy61

For all those people that said the Stones would never tour this year your predictions were wrong.....

Or not - wait for a new Covid-19 wave in Fall .... winking smiley

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: July 22, 2021 23:54

This is fantastic news and totally unexpected! Always wanted to go to Detroit, just scored tix at not such a bad price and Marriot within walking distance.
Time to get the Ya Ya's out one more time!(and hope they open the Motown museum in the meantime - still closed according to website)

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 23:56

It's pretty sad alot of people are hoping for the tour to be canceled because if covid pretty sick.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:02

So I’m guessing on these rescheduled dates songs from TY will be the focus much like SF was a few years back. Anyone else think so as well??

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:02

UGot2Rollme
This is fantastic news and totally unexpected! Always wanted to go to Detroit, just scored tix at not such a bad price and Marriot within walking distance.
Time to get the Ya Ya's out one more time!(and hope they open the Motown museum in the meantime - still closed according to website)

I love that Marriott! Have fun and enjoy Hittsville if ya get to go.. I had tickets for Louisville & Cleveland but since they're gone & Detroit date one of few that works for me I may try and make it up smiling smiley

Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:04

No NYC or even surrounding area shows ? What in the world is this about ?

Date: July 23, 2021 00:11

dcarey

No NYC or even surrounding area shows ?

Maybe it'll come as additional date?

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:12

Perhaps they will play some new songs from the upcoming new album - that would be great.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:14

This announcement was after all a bit unexpected to me and the most of us I think. We where speculating and doing. But It seems that even Bjornulf didn’t see this coming for today?

Date: July 23, 2021 00:20

rbp
Perhaps they will play some new songs from the upcoming new album - that would be great.
That would be great,a new album later this year [iorr.org]

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:20

I am holding luckies for Minneapolis and have booked rooms now accordingly. Any ideas here about traveling from Europe?

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:52

@#$%& YEAH!!!!!! Tampa here I come!!!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:59

I cannot express how disappointed I am that Vancouver was cancelled. Stones haven't played in Western Canada since 2006... I'm disappointed they couldn't hold off and announce it later, if possible, and cancel later if need be.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: July 23, 2021 01:02

Fantastic news and hopefully the Stones follow Eric Clapton's announcement in declaring he will not play in venues that only allow the vaccinated to attend.
Too right, i think by now even the most naive individuals amoung us are starting to see that so called vaccines don't work properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-23 01:15 by Rocktiludrop.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home