Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:06

LA and Vegas most likely. Depends on getting the tickets I want. LA and Vegas will require masks as of now.

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:06

Yes, exactly, we have to wait here in Europe, maybe Ursula and Joe are working on some sort of agreement... fingers crossed

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:08

slewan
Silver Dagger
I know a few people have thought that they may play a string of dates at the Royal Albert Hall but that is unfeasible because the Stones now only play shows about 4 days apart and it makes no sense for the venue to take a block booking for a series of shows days apart.

why not, other people are just doing the same. Just one example: On the days between the two Stones shows at the London O2 arena in 2012 Marilyn Manson and Alanis Morissette played the same venue. Thus the Stones had to move there stuff out of the venue and reconstruct everything a few days later…

That’s exactly my thought, too. It is plausible, especially seeing Sir Mick presented the video celebrating the 150 years of the RAH. Considering the size of the venue, the stage set wouldn’t be enormous, the loading and unloading not a huge task. I can see a set of, say, 4-8 shows interspersed with 3-4 days off in between.
The tickets will be in high demands, though, like Cream Reunion 2005. Instant sellout guaranteed. And expensive, probably.

A combination of the RAH and Hyde Park even betterhot smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:09

daspyknows
kovach
Does anyone know how Ticketmaster refunds work? Isn't all or nothing per show, or can you keep say some tickets to a show and get refunds for other tickets to the same show?

You can keep or return whatever you want. I did that for Roger Waters.

Cool, thanks. Did you have to call them to do that or through the website?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:14

kovach
daspyknows
kovach
Does anyone know how Ticketmaster refunds work? Isn't all or nothing per show, or can you keep say some tickets to a show and get refunds for other tickets to the same show?

use the chat window on the order. allowed me to return 2 out of 4.

Posted by: irishjohnnie ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:15

How incredible! Got tix for St. Louis, where I saw them for the first time in '89. And it's opening night, just like the last time I saw them in Chicago '19. Couldn't be more perfect!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:19

SomeTorontoGirl
TicketBastards - they earn their name every damn year.

A week or two back, I stumbled upon a Pit ticket (seemingly there was only one) for Buffalo, $494 instead of the $749 listed for many months. I bought it.

After this morning’s announcement (and after buying tix for Pittsburgh and Detroit) I received an email from TicketBastards advising that Buffalo is cancelled. They said they wanted to give me first crack on the best available seats for Pittsburgh and there was a link. Clicked it - no Pit tix available. Went back in using the link I’d just use to buy tickets - Pit available.

TicketBastards…pissing off one concert-goer at a time.

Wow, that's just nuts.

Re: Tour announchement for 2021
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:20

treaclefingers
Irix
treaclefingers

I saw one cancelled date, one moved to March 2022, and the rest postponed?

Ticketmaster showed the cancelled Cleveland also for March 2022 - [iorr.org] . Maybe just a mistake by Ticketmaster.

That's what makes me wonder. If it is a mistake so be it, but they have the other ones, TBA, which makes me think that they may still be working on those dates, and perhaps we're looking at a leg in Spring 2022...certainly that would be the case if Cleveland in March is true.

No, Cleveland in March is not true. Cleveland has been canceled. By now, Ticketmaster has updated most of their info. The canceled shows (incl. Cleveland and Louisville) have now been removed from the listing. Vancouver does remain "postponed" for the moment, but the Stones themselves don't have Vancouver on their list.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-22 17:23 by Topi.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:22

Irishjohnnie-my first thought this morning as well. 2019 got rescheduled to where I ended up with opening night. Now again, same thing happend! This will be my 3rd opening night now. See ya in the Dome!

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:22

I believe I had lucky dips to every single show from the original dates. Now looks like we lost Vancouver and Seattle so I have a bit of clerical work to do organizing it. Will make sure I get to every show of the tour this time, missed a couple on the '19 tour

Date: July 22, 2021 17:30

daspyknows
kovach
daspyknows
kovach

use the chat window on the order. allowed me to return 2 out of 4.

Awesome, thank you!

Date: July 22, 2021 17:35

irishjohnnie
How incredible! Got tix for St. Louis, where I saw them for the first time in '89. And it's opening night, just like the last time I saw them in Chicago '19. Couldn't be more perfect!

I saw my first show in St. Louis too but in '81. And have tickets for the tour opening this year!

Interestingly enough, this will be my 12th show and assuming it takes place will be the very first time I've seen them twice in the same venue. Seen them in St. Louis and Chicago multiple times but never the same venue (and once in Memphis, KC, Columbia MO, Columbus OH, and San Francisco).

Posted by: RisingStone ()

Topi
treaclefingers
Irix
treaclefingers

Ticketmaster showed the cancelled Cleveland also for March 2022 - [iorr.org] . Maybe just a mistake by Ticketmaster.

That's what makes me wonder. If it is a mistake so be it, but they have the other ones, TBA, which makes me think that they may still be working on those dates, and perhaps we're looking at a leg in Spring 2022...certainly that would be the case if Cleveland in March is true.

No, Cleveland in March is not true. Cleveland has been canceled. By now, Ticketmaster has updated most of their info. The canceled shows (incl. Cleveland and Louisville) have now been removed from the listing. Vancouver does remain "postponed" for the moment, but the Stones themselves don't have Vancouver on their list.

Actually, I was speculating it might be around March 2022 if the RAH shows happen, as the venue opened on March 29, 1871, and the 150th Celebration continues to sometime next year, presumably Spring. Now, the misinformed March 22 Cleveland show is gone...

Posted by: CamRS ()

It look a little bit of persistence, but I was able to get Pit tickets for Charlotte at standard admission pricing.

Looking forward to seeing the Stones one more time.

- Cam

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:36

Topi
treaclefingers
Irix
treaclefingers

Methinks you're correct Topi.

I only had tix for Vancouver, so a little disappointed. However, when I saw them in Seattle in 2019 at that moment as much as I loved the show, I was a bit wistful thinking it was probably the last time I'd ever see them. Now it seems as though that thought was probably correct.

The silver lining will be all the extra cash I'll have for the various Tattoo You Deluxe versions.

Maybe they'll have a $1000 box set like George Harrison has with All Things Must Pass?

[store.georgeharrison.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()

I guess they're staying away from the Northeast due to the spike in positivity rates of late...less fear of having to cancel/postpone again.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()

Guess closest would be Pitt....That's a bit of a drive from CT.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:39

hockenheim95
so all we Europeans can do now is hoping for Joe Biden to lift the travel ban!

Biden is a serious man who acts responsible…

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:39

What are my odds on getting the tattoo you club show a week before the tour?

maybe at the end when they have got over the long lay off

now that's a golden ticket!!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:42

So… The Stones (most of them) can fly into the US and perform, but fans can’t, from the same country? The UK?

Rod

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:43

Weird- I got a refund for Charlotte but just got a TM email saying Your tickets are still good.
Don’t want to go and be told - those tix are invalid. On the other hand - IF they’re still good….
Wonder if there’s a way to check for sure?
update- just looked at my TM account. No such luck - tickets voided.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-22 18:17 by DEmerson.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:43

Silver Dagger
So this bodes well for 2022 London dates to commemorate their 60th anniversary.

The band played their first show at the 100 Club on July 12 1962. I would expect them to play larger outdoor shows to celebrate the event.

Interestingly, Hyde Park concerts run for the first two weekends of July, which would be perfect. It's such a historic place for the band that I can see them playing two shows there again.

I know a few people have thought that they may play a string of dates at the Royal Albert Hall but that is unfeasible because the Stones now only play shows about 4 days apart and it makes no sense for the venue to take a block booking for a series of shows days apart. For me, my money's on Hyde Park.

One more point - AEG, who run the British Summer Time concerts at Hyde Park, usually announce their shows for the forthcoming year in autumn, around October/November so hopefully all will be revealed soon after this tour is out of the way.
Just for accuracy: the first show was played at the Marquee Club on 07/12/1962.
Club 100's name started in 1964.
No disrespect Silver Dagger. Peace.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:46

rollmops

In 165 Oxford Street. The 100 wasn't all that wrong .... winking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:47

rollmops
Silver Dagger
So this bodes well for 2022 London dates to commemorate their 60th anniversary.

The band played their first show at the 100 Club on July 12 1962. I would expect them to play larger outdoor shows to celebrate the event.

Interestingly, Hyde Park concerts run for the first two weekends of July, which would be perfect. It's such a historic place for the band that I can see them playing two shows there again.

I know a few people have thought that they may play a string of dates at the Royal Albert Hall but that is unfeasible because the Stones now only play shows about 4 days apart and it makes no sense for the venue to take a block booking for a series of shows days apart. For me, my money's on Hyde Park.

One more point - AEG, who run the British Summer Time concerts at Hyde Park, usually announce their shows for the forthcoming year in autumn, around October/November so hopefully all will be revealed soon after this tour is out of the way.
Club 100's name started in 1964.
No disrespect Silver Dagger. Peace.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Of course it was. Thanks for the correction.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:48

It's a good job I didnae take any holiday this summer!smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()

treaclefingers

Methinks you're correct Topi.

I only had tix for Vancouver, so a little disappointed. However, when I saw them in Seattle in 2019 at that moment as much as I loved the show, I was a bit wistful thinking it was probably the last time I'd ever see them. Now it seems as though that thought was probably correct.

I think seeing how Vancouver hasn't approved large events yet, after they do, the Stones will add this one back to their list.

Hopeful that by it still showing postponed, that will be the case.
Be a great way to end the tour!!

Posted by: Librarian ()

Woo hoo!

That's is all.

Date: July 22, 2021 17:53

Librarian
Woo hoo!

That's is all.

Keep the noise down!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:56

Wonder what the odds are that they will offer Lucky Dips for the new shows.

Gotta believe they will (except Jazz Fest)..
Hoping to get some for Vegas and LA. Sitting on some for Vancouver(TBD, imo), Nashville, and Austin.. hoping for another round smileys with beer

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:58

have tickets for St. Louis, Nashville, Louisville, My Ticketmaster account already showing cancelled under Louisville, refund being processed, then got email stating since I'm a loyal customer we're offering you the chance to purchase excellent tickets at Nashville, which i already have. DA. Why are folks with cancelled tickets not allowed to purchase any show since we have held these tickets for year. show some love.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home