Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: The day the music died
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 22, 2021 18:26

shadooby
Got over 2,000 cd's and not a one of them won't play. They're gonna outlast me...unless I've got the same DNA as Keef or Willie.

Most of the bootleg CDs I bough in the early nineties - Liver than you'll ever be among the others - don't play at all, and present what look like mould stains. Plus some CDs that are very long play regularly if I let them play from start to finish, but if you want to select one of the last songs, they stop working (CD spins and selctor clics, but no music!) Exile CBS is one of those.

Other than that, they all sound fine.

C

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 22, 2021 21:51

liddas
shadooby
Got over 2,000 cd's and not a one of them won't play. They're gonna outlast me...unless I've got the same DNA as Keef or Willie.

Most of the bootleg CDs I bough in the early nineties - Liver than you'll ever be among the others - don't play at all, and present what look like mould stains. Plus some CDs that are very long play regularly if I let them play from start to finish, but if you want to select one of the last songs, they stop working (CD spins and selctor clics, but no music!) Exile CBS is one of those.

C

Are those stamped or burned CDs? I have heard burned CDs failing after being stored too long improperly.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: July 23, 2021 01:07

I have nothing in common with the writer of that article. I own all my music and keep it backed up on multiple hard drives. I don't believe in playlists or streaming.

And if the first 2 albums he ever bought were Who Let The Dogs Out and That's What I call Music.....well not the biggest connoisseur of music is he?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 29, 2021 11:38

kovach
liddas
shadooby

C

Are those stamped or burned CDs? I have heard burned CDs failing after being stored too long improperly.

They looked stamped, but who knows! For sure they were stored properly.

Only yesterday I had an urge to listen to Trident Mixes and 2/3 into the cd tracks would start clipping etc.

C

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 29, 2021 11:59

Here's some words of philosophy winking smiley

video: [www.youtube.com]

HMN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 29, 2021 19:26

I have yet to find any of my ancient cds that would not play. Well maybe i did find one or two but I recently sold off 400 80s era reggae cds to someone and he played them all (he says) and none had any faults. If you don't keep them in hot cars or some other environmental disaster, I think they last darn well forever. Thats been my experience anyway, legit and boots included.

jb

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home