Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anybody fancy ay Satanic Majesties deluxe version?
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 20, 2021 09:27

A couple of days ago I came to listening to TSMR after a long time. Besides stuff like "Rainbow", "Light Years" or "Citadel/2000 Man", there's so much rubbish on that album, which made me wonder if there'll ever be a deluxe version with unreleased bell ringing and sound experiences. Would anybody buy such a release?

Re: Anybody fancy ay Satanic Majesties deluxe version?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 20, 2021 09:30

Yeah bring it on .... Lurv Satanic ....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 20, 2021 10:32

Meise
A couple of days ago I came to listening to TSMR after a long time. Besides stuff like "Rainbow", "Light Years" or "Citadel/2000 Man", there's so much rubbish on that album, which made me wonder if there'll ever be a deluxe version with unreleased bell ringing and sound experiences. Would anybody buy such a release?

Lots of good stuff on the Satanic Sessions. Check it out.

We already got a deluxe version, though.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 20, 2021 11:40

DandelionPowderman

We already got a deluxe version, though.

TSMR 50th Anniversary Special Edition - [www.abkco.com] .

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 20, 2021 12:39

Thanks, I forgot that there had been an anniversary edition. But I meant the release of previously unreleased material from the recording sessions ... even more acid influenced sounds and songs.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 21, 2021 00:24

I'm in.

jb

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 21, 2021 03:57

That deluxe edition was about the weakest ever. Hopefully if it is ever redone there will be some rare stuff on there along with some new 3D graphics. A replica of Brian's half smoked PCP spliff or something.

jb

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 21, 2021 10:59

Absolutely - it's an amazing album. It captures the wild and wondering English psychedelia far better than the generally more manicured Sgt Pepper.

And so much rubbish on the album? The only alterations I would make are the pointless Sing This All Together (See What Happens) as we already have one version of that and Gomper, which has a beuatiful melody but could do with shortening.

Citadel, She's A Rainbow and 2000 Light Years From Home are among the most brilliant psychedelic songs ever created and showed that even when the band went whimsically into a one off fad they could do it better than most.

There's also such a sense of fun and humour on the album that it is impossible not to like. But that fun is tempered with some real darkness too.

I've always imagined the album to equate to George Harrison's great line in It's All Too Much - "show me that I'm everywhere but get me home for tea".

That they achieve brilliantly taking the listener on a rocket ride into space but bring them back to Earth nicely with the Soho nightclub sleazefest that is On With The Show.

How boring it would be if every Stones album just featured rock'n'roll without diversions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1812
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home