Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Derek Trucks interview - a must read IMHO
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 17, 2021 18:31

This is one of the best interviews with a musician I've read in ages. Lots of historical/musical info regarding the Allman Brothers Band, Clapton, blues, jazz, etc. Listening to the Tedeschi Trucks covers of the "Layla" album I remembered how I wore out a copy of the album when it first came out. I haven't listened to "Layla" for a long while, having lost interest in Clapton years ago, but I will throw it on the hi-fi this weekend 'cause the album is far more than Clapton. It's the beauty of all those musicians working it together. Trucks interview also brought back to mind Duane Allman and Boz Scaggs dueling on guitars on "Loan Me A Dime" on Scaggs first solo album which is superb. Trucks also notes "Indianola Mississippi Seeds" by B.B. King which, IMHO, is a must have album. King's backup band on it includes Leon Russell, Carole King, Joe Walsh. A number of cuts from this album weave their way through my ongoing music mix.

[www.stereogum.com]

[bestclassicbands.com]

Re: OT: Derek Trucks interview - a must read IMHO
Posted by: bam ()
Date: July 17, 2021 19:25

Thanks. This is excellent.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 17, 2021 21:36

Cool interview with a fantastic musician!

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 18, 2021 04:56

Thanks for posting that, dmay. A good read indeed.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 18, 2021 19:02

Fascinating interview, thanks, dmay. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: July 18, 2021 20:48

Such an insightful interview... great read during last night's insomnia. Fell back asleep with a smile on my facesmiling smiley!

Now onto listening to Layla Revisited & BB King's Indianola Mississippi Seeds!

Thanks for posting!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 21, 2021 00:19

Some people may not think much of Clapton but Derek is obviously a fan.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 21, 2021 01:51

When the ABB was on fire, as evidenced in the show/Clapton link above, they were hot as could be. I caught them a few times when Betts was still in the band (after Duane had passed) and later with Haynes and Trucks. Great shows.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 21, 2021 02:52

dmay
When the ABB was on fire, as evidenced in the show/Clapton link above, they were hot as could be. I caught them a few times when Betts was still in the band (after Duane had passed) and later with Haynes and Trucks. Great shows.

I saw them when they recorded Live At the Fillmore (although I wasn't at the historic all night show). They actually opened for Johnny Winter but Johnny opened on Saturday to give them space to record. Saw them many times after that including the final Beacon show which ended at like 2AM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-21 02:53 by bleedingman.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 21, 2021 12:53

The Tedeschi Trucks Band version of "Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs" is outstanding. I'm not a Phish fan but didn't mind Trey Anastasio on this. The material has a lot to do with that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home