Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie Wood interview - The Times, July 17
Date: July 18, 2021 19:18

I look forward to the day when I am wealthy enough to be deeply worried about the welfare of lions or rhinos in Kenya.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 18, 2021 19:47

emotionalbarbecue
I look forward to the day when I am wealthy enough to be deeply worried about the welfare of lions or rhinos in Kenya.

That's brilliant logic. None of the nearly 8 billion of us should give a rip about soaring atmospheric CO2, either, I guess, until such time as we're individually as rich as Rolling Stones.

Kudos to Ronnie, and to anybody else regardless of their income, for doing what they can to help slow our rapid and accelerating decimation of so many of our planet's other species.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 18, 2021 19:56

Bashlets
Have a feeling Jagger probably worked on a load of music during the pandemic. Whether or not it’s good is anybody’s guess

I'll take a guess. Most of it is rubbish.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: July 18, 2021 20:58

My reading of all this is that celebrities pretty quickly find out how empty 'celebrity' is, and so they try to do something positive with all the attention they get.. and then they get slaughtered for doing so. They can't win!

i can't wait to hear the nine extra tracks on the Tattoo You 40th anniversary release. And if Mick has put 2021 finished vocals in place of his half finished/mumbled vocals from back in the day, all the better..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2021 21:52

bakersfield
My reading of all this is that celebrities pretty quickly find out how empty 'celebrity' is, and so they try to do something positive with all the attention they get.. and then they get slaughtered for doing so. They can't win!

i can't wait to hear the nine extra tracks on the Tattoo You 40th anniversary release. And if Mick has put 2021 finished vocals in place of his half finished/mumbled vocals from back in the day, all the better..

Agreed...if we get Tattoo You Too and a new album before Christmas, I can certainly wait until a resumption of the tour in 2022.

Didn't think that over 40 years of being a fan I'd STILL be looking forward to new releases.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 18, 2021 22:17

Fender or Les Paul?

How about Fender or Gibson? That’s like saying Toyota or Mustang?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 18, 2021 22:41

"Scandi murder dramas", there you go. I'm mostly into British murder dramas. I guess there is a connection somewhere. Ronnie is a very likeable guy.
Always friendly it seems. It can't be easy standing in between Keith and Jagger...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 19, 2021 00:35

It can't be easy standing in between Keith and Jagger...

Probably safer than standing behind one of Charlie's horses .... hhhhaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 19, 2021 01:35

Great interview! Even better news! Ronnie is doing well and we have Tattoo You reissue coming!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: July 19, 2021 19:50

rebelhipi
Great interview! Even better news! Ronnie is doing well and we have Tattoo You reissue coming!

I wouldn't get carried away, this is a treatable cancer ( you don't beat it ) and Ronnie knows that, so pleased he is making the most of every moment, that's the way to look at it, can't see how they will get insurance to tour next year though.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 19, 2021 20:49

Rocktiludrop
rebelhipi

I wouldn't get carried away, this is a treatable cancer ( you don't beat it ) and Ronnie knows that, so pleased he is making the most of every moment, that's the way to look at it, can't see how they will get insurance to tour next year though.

There are ways to get insurance, they include 'exclusions', or jack up premiums (flow through to ticket prices/get another sponsor), and 'guarantee' that they'll finish a tour by having a Mick Taylor or someone else on board to set up in the unlikely event that Ron couldn't finish.

There are work-arounds.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 19, 2021 23:45

In my way of thinking Ronnie has a treatable cancer, and if you feel better, and looking better..................then you have beaten it.
Try not to think about the future of your health, just keep saying to yourself that you have beaten it and you are feeling good.

In the question about getting insurance for the upcoming tour of England/UK and possibly North America.
Mick obviously got the insurance sorted, after his heart operation, so it's probably a higher premium than usual, but not something that would be impossible.

England gigs by the end of 2021 possibly, but a lot depends on Boris and his decisions when it comes to getting Covid under control.
Unfortunately he is making an absolute mess of it at the moment. sad smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 20, 2021 01:06

Rocktiludrop
rebelhipi

The article specifically states that Ronnie is getting regular checkups every 3 months. As stated, this cancer can reoccur at any time which makes scheduling even a short tour difficult. Ronnie says he's grateful that his diagnosis came during lockdown. Mick's heart problem was a walk in the park compared to cancer. A positive diagnosis mid-tour would be devastating. Thankfully Ronnie has the best doctors and a loving family.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 20, 2021 01:48

Ronnie Wood The Philosophizer.

Date: July 20, 2021 02:04

bleedingman
Rocktiludrop
rebelhipi

The article specifically states that Ronnie is getting regular checkups every 3 months. As stated, this cancer can reoccur at any time which makes scheduling even a short tour difficult. Ronnie says he's grateful that his diagnosis came during lockdown. Mick's heart problem was a walk in the park compared to cancer. A positive diagnosis mid-tour would be devastating. Thankfully Ronnie has the best doctors and a loving family.

That's right, he will be living in the moment and planning long term is difficult, there is a chance he could tour with the Stones next year, I'm sure all our best wishes are going out to Ronnie and the boys for one last chance to go out with a bang and not a whimper with a new studio album of originals combined with a 60th Anniversary Tour.

Date: July 20, 2021 02:06

treaclefingers
Rocktiludrop
rebelhipi

There are ways to get insurance, they include 'exclusions', or jack up premiums (flow through to ticket prices/get another sponsor), and 'guarantee' that they'll finish a tour by having a Mick Taylor or someone else on board to set up in the unlikely event that Ron couldn't finish.

There are work-arounds.

Yeah that sounds like a plan thumbs up

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 03:02

KRiffhard
jackflash27
peoplewitheyes
Nice read, great guy, but it tells us almost nothing about this supposed TY rerelease.

Well in fact the article tells us lots of new facts about the release:

- Tattoo you will be re-released
- It's not just a re-release, but the 40th anniversary re-release of the album
- The album probably will be released this year (otherwise the '40th anniversary' thing does not make sense winking smiley
- Nine new tracks have been recorded
- They're done by Mick and Ronnie (whatever 'done by' means here)
- Keith and Charlie were not involved (?)

Questions to be answered:
- Will there be a new mastering of the original record?
- Why is Keith and Charlie not involved in the recording process (or is Ronnie talking about finishing off the album)
- When will be the release exactly
- Why are they prioritizing the Tattoo you project and not finishing off the new album?

thumbs up

I prefer the Tattoo You re-release ABOVE a new album by the Stones. I really don't care about new material! Sorry to say this, but the 'new' sound by the Stones isn't relevant anymore and I prefer legendary old tracks from the past. ;-)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 20, 2021 08:57

As much I’ll enjoy the Tattoo You re-release, i already know that these 9 polished-up outtakes will be forgotten within a year of hearing them. I really, really wish they’d focus on new songs for a ‘new’ album.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 10:35

Big Al
As much I’ll enjoy the Tattoo You re-release, i already know that these 9 polished-up outtakes will be forgotten within a year of hearing them. I really, really wish they’d focus on new songs for a ‘new’ album.

Very ironic, given that the original Tattoo You itself was made up of old polished-up demos!

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: July 20, 2021 15:58

emotionalbarbecue

what a great line - it put words to a sensation I felt myself but was not able to verbalize, thank you emotionalbarbecue, you're 100% right!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 20, 2021 17:18

not being rich is a lame excuse for not caring aboot animals.

(i kid i kid)

Date: July 20, 2021 18:05

grzegorz67
Big Al

Very ironic, given that the original Tattoo You itself was made up of old polished-up demos!

Well, that is true! Still, it was a different era, and, Tattoo You was marketed as a ‘new’ release.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 20, 2021 19:33

TornAndFried
Bashlets
Have a feeling Jagger probably worked on a load of music during the pandemic. Whether or not it’s good is anybody’s guess

"Easy Sleazy" being the best of the bunch. :-)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 20, 2021 21:55

Big Al
grzegorz67
Big Al

Well, that is true! Still, it was a different era, and, Tattoo You was marketed as a ‘new’ release.

It was a new release.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 20, 2021 22:01

jackflash27
Questions to be answered:
- Will there be a new mastering of the original record?

Let's hope not. UMe has destroyed their remasters.

jackflash27
- Why is Keith and Charlie not involved in the recording process (or is Ronnie talking about finishing off the album)

Same reason as they weren't back in 1979-80: the tracks were already done.

jackflash27
- When will be the release exactly

Exactly only UMe knows.

jackflash27
- Why are they prioritizing the Tattoo you project and not finishing off the new album?

Somewhere within UMe someone has some kind of power to tell Mick, "Oh you will be bothered" and Mick does some work. That has nothing to do with finishing the new LP.

Date: July 21, 2021 15:55

GasLightStreet

It was a new release.

And I concur! There's only been the one certain poster who considers Tattoo You an outtakes compilation!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 21, 2021 22:33

Big Al

This is a problem in today's society, which always wants new things, quickly forgetting the old ones, and then making them new in some way.
On Ronnie and the insurance on a probable tour, I don't think the Stones will do more gigantic tours, but they will schedule few dates, to add more later and in this way there will be no insurance problems, among other things cancer or non-cancer. , the Stones are over 70, I think they are aware of that.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 13:03

rbk
TornAndFried
Bashlets

"Easy Sleazy" being the best of the bunch. :-)

That’s not saying much. It’s a dreadful dirge.

Rod

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home