Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Number of Posts on IORR
Posted by: cmc ()
Date: July 17, 2021 03:30

BV is four posts away from 10,000. He has 9,996 total posts as of July 16, 2021.
Congratulations in advance, bv.

I wonder if any other IORRians have that many posts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-17 03:31 by cmc.

Re: OT: Number of Posts on IORR
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 17, 2021 03:44

cmc
BV is four posts away from 10,000. He has 9,996 total posts as of July 16, 2021.
Congratulations in advance, bv.

I wonder if any other IORRians have that many posts?

That's almost rookie.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: July 17, 2021 05:43

You’re right.
DP (Bard) has 48k+ posts. Followed by Rockman with 45k+.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 17, 2021 09:43

I’m approaching the 7,500 mark and have been a regular for seventeen years. I’m reasonably prolific at the moment, though there’s been absences and droughts throughout my time here.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 17, 2021 09:52

After 10,000 posts you become a made man here on IORR which means other posters should think twice before they question you...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 17, 2021 14:33

ugh...this thread is gonna trigger hairball....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 17, 2021 16:11

...and just for the record, my 'quip' was just that. One shouldn't confuse quantity of posts with quality.

I have a fair number of posts but don't delude myself into thinking I've made a particularly noteworthy contribution, as some members have. I'm entertainment-driven and mainly just having fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-18 21:54 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 15:36

I've been on here for many a year now, and I've read more posts and threads than I've certainly made, but getting closer to 4,000!! LOL

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 22, 2021 01:00

I've got just over 4,800 posts and 17 years on here, but I'm sure I've been posting since late 90's..................... but I could easily be wrong.

Had a great time being a poster on IORR.................. and many more posts will be coming from me. smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 22, 2021 01:07

Coming up on eight grand in eight years.

Course, that's with this moniker.. started in earlier days (before computers saved your password) and cycled through at least two more accounts (MisterDD, Mister DDD, etc winking smiley) after not being able to log in.
cool smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 23, 2021 11:31

I don't pay much attention to the number of posts, but once mentioned, I am proud of the fact that my post number ten thousand was this one yesterday:

The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 23, 2021 11:36

What a coincidence!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 11:58

I was a long time lurker until 2007. When I finally joined in the run up to the 2007 final leg of the ABB tour. I’ve only really been an active poster in the Phase 3 of their career, 2012 onwards. In thar time I’ve met many posters in person. Ib a few cases I’ve met them as people and worked out who they were on IORR from the conversation (You’re one of them Crawdaddy thumbs up.

If I could pick one show where I met a good few posters I’m still in contact with today, it’s probably Oslo 2014. I’m sitting on around the 3,500 mark. IORR has been a very valuable tool for sharing information, planning tours and meet-ups and getting to know fellow fans!

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: July 23, 2021 19:58

Congrats BV! I hardly ever post on here; but i check the messages sometimes daily.

Karen & Bill in Texas

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 23, 2021 20:29

With a lot of software, you can simply click on the column headers to re-sort. In iorr tell me forum that would be "Views" or "Posts" ...
It would be easy to see this info if that were the case... but iorr forum is very 1990s old-school

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 23, 2021 21:35

bv
I don't pay much attention to the number of posts, but once mentioned, I am proud of the fact that my post number ten thousand was this one yesterday:

The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)

Congratulations Bjornulf. I'm still new at posting here, but I found this place in the mid to late "aughties" and off and on have lurked, read, and learned quite a bit of Stones significa, and insignifica, stopping in here.

I'm wondering, of your 10,000, how many thousand were spent trying to wrangle suitable behavior from some among the masses, present or past. To try to get and keep your herd of cats in some ongoing semblance of order. Moderating nearly anything online I think might wear me out.

So thanks for your dedication, resilience, and steady hand. Seems like sometimes (oh, say, for example, dealing with antivaxxers during a pandemic that's killing millions) it must require all of those qualities.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 23, 2021 23:05

schillid
With a lot of software, you can simply click on the column headers to re-sort. In iorr tell me forum that would be "Views" or "Posts" ...
It would be easy to see this info if that were the case... but iorr forum is very 1990s old-school

It is called "never change a winning team". The forum software is 15-20 years old, still updated. I could change into something brand new, but it would cost me an arm and a leg, or I could enable advertising, which is not an option for me. Also, I am very busy, and many like "status quo" here, like going to a traditional US diner with old style, so the forum will be like it is for still a while, may be until they do not tour anymore. It could take some time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 23, 2021 23:43

bv
schillid

It is called "never change a winning team". The forum software is 15-20 years old, still updated. I could change into something brand new, but it would cost me an arm and a leg, or I could enable advertising, which is not an option for me. Also, I am very busy, and many like "status quo" here, like going to a traditional US diner with old style, so the forum will be like it is for still a while, may be until they do not tour anymore. It could take some time.

iorr, but I like it

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 24, 2021 00:07

bv
schillid

Please don't update it ever Bjornulf! If you did a poll, I'm pretty sure you'd find most of us like it this old fashioned way thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 24, 2021 00:23

.... dont change a thing ....

IORR greatest Stones site in da world ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 24, 2021 22:23

It's a perfect combination of website we can all understand, a common love for our band, The Rolling Stones, and the majority of poster's are polite and respectful to other members of IORR. smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home