Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT Thank you IORR members
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 13, 2021 10:40

Hello all. I wanted to thank everyone for all your notes & good wishes. I'm still not well but it looks like there's a light at the end of the tunnel (hopefully it's not a train!). It turns out I had a very strange minor heart attack brought on by some mysterious internal bleeding which in turn brought on a cancer scare.
I've been cleared on the cancer issue but I will have to be checked periodically. As for the heart, it turns out the attack was brought on by the dehydration & bleeding from the above issue. Over 15 years ago I had what's called a silent heart attack in my sleep. I didn't even know that I'd had it at the time. 1 of the arteries in my heart was blocked but I cleaned up my act with a few lifestyle issues & since then I actually have grown 2 new arteries to replace the blocked one. It's kind of like Keith Richards' teeth, haha.
So, I've been given a few new drugs & told to take it easy for a few more weeks. Now it's on to dealing with a new treatment for my rheumatoid arthritis. The plan was to start a new chemo (new for me anyway) but that's not going to happen now. I've been off all RA treatments until the new issues were figured out. I'm meeting with my rheumatologist in 2 weeks to come up with a new plan. Since I've had to stop treatments, more damage has been done & I haven't been getting around well. I'm hoping things resolve to the point where I'll get to enjoy the last month or 2 of summer.
Anyway, the support of IORR members has been very important. I sincerely hope that people here don't ever have to deal with what's been going on with me the past few months. As a wise man (Mr Spock) once said "live long & prosper"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-13 13:35 by crholmstrom.

Re: OT Thank IORR members
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 13, 2021 12:57

Thoughts and good wishes to you. We’ve never met, but you’ve been around a while….. me too

May you be around a while longer, take care of yourself first

It’s a great group here, I’m glad to be a part of it

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 13, 2021 13:14

Best wishes and my thoughts and prayers are with you !

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 13, 2021 13:18

Thanks for your post. You're not the only one in respect of your health issues. Hope you have some kind of support at your side. May you live a hundred years.

d.f

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 13, 2021 13:32

Praying for a super recovery; you're a vital wonderful spirit and a lot of prayers going down. Hang tough

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 13, 2021 14:37

Thanks for posting this Chuck.

Glad there's a light at the tunnel, and that you are on your way to recovery.
Wishing you a full and speedy one, and hope the new treatments for your arthritis work well. I recently had a hip replaced due to it, and am currently waiting until after the upcoming fall Stones tour to get the other one done (eternal optimist here) winking smiley.

Nice to have a fellow Seattleite on the board, wishing you the best!

Re: OT Thank you IORR members
Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: July 13, 2021 14:56

I to have heart issues, I take 9 kind of meds everyday, it started in late 2010, 2 years later almost to the day I got to see all the Stones shows in Brooklyn ny, the 12-12-12 show and both nights in Newark N.J., and more after that ,what I am trying to say is YES!, there is light at the end of the tunnel, get better soon Chuck.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 13, 2021 14:58

Hope you get well soon, crholmstrom!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 13, 2021 15:19

Get well soon good health and all the best to you.

Nate

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 13, 2021 15:25

Praying for a speedy and complete recovery.

Keep posting!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: July 13, 2021 15:28

Wishing you full and speedy recovery !
Hold on !

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2021 16:17

Glad that things are at least semi-resolved Chuck and that you don't have the big "C". Enjoy the summer, get well and live long and prosper!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 13, 2021 16:28

Best wishes to you crholmstrom and hoping all goes well with your medical problems. thumbs up
As we all get older, trying to keep healthy and fit can become harder to overcome serious medical problems, but with willpower and a positive attitude we manage to overcome it.
Not easy to do at times I know.
I've had minor stuff compared to what you must be going through crholmstrom, and I'm sure you will get through it. smileys with beer

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 13, 2021 17:29

Hope the recovery goes well. Regarding your heart, were you examined for atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter? I have the latter. Never knew I had it until I was taken to the ER 18 months ago. I'm on meds for it now. I learned from researching it and questioning doctors that a-fib or a-flutter, as they're called, are things that aren't usually checked for in a physical exam. They are things that more typically occur in older people.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 13, 2021 17:40

dmay
Hope the recovery goes well. Regarding your heart, were you examined for atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter? I have the latter. Never knew I had it until I was taken to the ER 18 months ago. I'm on meds for it now. I learned from researching it and questioning doctors that a-fib or a-flutter, as they're called, are things that aren't usually checked for in a physical exam. They are things that more typically occur in older people.

I think so but don't know for sure. Too much going on at the same time especially when you factor in fighting with the insurance company. They were on the phone hassling me before I even got out of the hospital. I was attended to by 1 of the top cardiologists in the city while I was in the hospital for 5 days.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 13, 2021 17:41

Best wishes and prayers for you crholmstrom.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 13, 2021 17:45

Thank you for your post. I'm thrilled for the light and wish you continued good things going forward. You've got to build up for 2022!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 13, 2021 18:35

crh, thanks so much for the update! Things are looking up for you, health-wise now.
best wishes for more of that, along with a good 'rest of the summer.' cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 13, 2021 19:16

All the very best to you, crholmstrom.

Alex

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 13, 2021 19:29

Get well and gear up for the upcoming NIN and Rammstein gigs! thumbs up cool smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 13, 2021 19:30

Best wishes.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 13, 2021 19:44

Best wishes and get well.

thumbs upRe: OT Thank you IORR members
Date: July 13, 2021 20:12

All the best from me too! thumbs up

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 13, 2021 20:16

Looking forward to hearing of your recovery crholmstrom. Stay positive!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 13, 2021 20:23

Wishing you all the best. Keep us posted.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 13, 2021 20:24

I am praying for your complete recovery Mr crholmstrom!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 13, 2021 20:34

I enjoy reading your posts, continued recovery down lifes' highway thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 13, 2021 20:52

Hang in there. Damn. Yes, indeed, hopefully it can be dealt with. Wow.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 13, 2021 21:17

Thanks for the updates crholmstrom, and am always hoping you all the best.

smileys with beerRe: OT Thank you IORR members
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 13, 2021 21:34

As a cancer survivor, I wish it on no one. From the traumatic diagnosis, to the inhumane radiation and chemotherapy, to the long recovery. I hope your heart ailments are livable. And I hope you recover. You've got to be tough as leather to handle growing old. Here's to you.
smileys with beer

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1316
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home