Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Question Re: LIFE
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 16, 2021 03:24

I think the song you’re referring to may have been a Ray Charles song.. but I’m not remembering which one .. that Ian Stewart was teaching him ..

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 16, 2021 05:01

jbwelda
Yes as an adult I was horrified.

They did drugs??? What??? What about the children for God's sake! -concerned mothers of the world

Seriously?

I just thought most of that talk demonstrated how he realized at some point that he had wasted large blocks of his life just being high. It was more tragic that horrifying.

jb

Yes, tragic perhaps a better world. I knew they did massive amounts of drugs; but the book seemed to celebrate large parts of his drug use and didn't really go into the bad parts. I found that attitude horrifying, but maybe that's not the best word. It's been a few years.
Peace.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 16, 2021 11:52

It's very admirable though the way Keith took care of his father and "showed him the world" the last 20 years, or so, of his life. Not many of us can say we did something like that.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 23:02

Stoneage
It's very admirable though the way Keith took care of his father and "showed him the world" the last 20 years, or so, of his life. Not many of us can say we did something like that.

smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 20, 2021 21:03

Stoneage

Yes, true, however, how many of us can say we ignored our dads, not speaking a word to them (according to Keith) for the previous 20 years? His parents divorced which likely precipitated the lack of contact.

Reconnecting with him is still a great thing.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 23:03

angee
Stoneage

Yes, true, however, how many of us can say we ignored our dads, not speaking a word to them (according to Keith) for the previous 20 years? His parents divorced which likely precipitated the lack of contact.

Reconnecting with him is still a great thing.

It's a very painful thing to be so disconnected from one's kids like that.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home