Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT Richard Bransons space ride
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 12, 2021 02:33

So f'in awesome.

jb

Re: OT Richard Bransons space ride
Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: July 12, 2021 10:02

An awesome roller coaster ride for billionaires, now let the space tourism begin....what a waste of resources!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 12, 2021 10:20

They are his resources to waste, aren't they?

Some of us buy super deluxe editions, some of us can afford to shoot for the moon.

Take into consideration all the things Sir Branson has done in his lifetime and he is a pretty fking amazing person. He deserves to be a billionaire and spend his money as he chooses. I am sure he pays taxes. His work also benefits humankind in many ways beyond the obvious. Just wait till we have to evacuate the planet. Might not be long now.

jb

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 12, 2021 10:29

jbwelda

Some of us buy super deluxe editions, some of us can afford to shoot for the moon.

Take into consideration all the things Sir Branson has done in his lifetime and he is a pretty fking amazing person. He deserves to be a billionaire and spend his money as he chooses. I am sure he pays taxes. His work also benefits humankind in many ways beyond the obvious. Just wait till we have to evacuate the planet. Might not be long now.

jb

Well said, jb thumbs up
He's a person the Brits can (certainly should) be proud of!

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: July 12, 2021 10:31

True, thats his choice, no doubt an amazing person, but in light of the earth's current predicaments a rather selfish project. Pay your ticket, take your Covid test and evacuate...but to where? A handful billionaires living on a space station? Earth is still, by far, the most attractive place to be.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 12, 2021 11:20

jbwelda

[iorr.org] , [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-14 12:15 by Irix.

Date: July 12, 2021 11:50

A free alternative:

[www.YouTube.com]

Date: July 12, 2021 11:56

Money, money, money ...
How about selling "lucky dip" tickets for us mortals? A small change to make a unique journey ...grinning smiley

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 12, 2021 12:01

georgie48
Money, money, money ...
How about selling "lucky dip" tickets for us mortals? A small change to make a unique journey ...grinning smiley
I understood this is exactly what they want to do.That being said I agree that space tourism is a waste of resources.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 12, 2021 12:14

Billionaires in a private space race.

People are starving and struggling all over the world . WTF has happened to us ?

sc uk

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: July 12, 2021 12:18

Well said straycat

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 12, 2021 12:39

sadly he was allowed to return to earth.... tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 12, 2021 12:55

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 12, 2021 13:21

exactly, Stray Cat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-12 13:22 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 12, 2021 13:23

"you see men sailing on their ego trip...

blast off on their space ship

a million miles from reality....

no care for you, no care for me"

- Bob Marley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-12 13:24 by stickyfingers101.

Date: July 12, 2021 13:30

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 12, 2021 13:36

Pretty cool and good for him smiling smiley

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: July 12, 2021 13:53

This is the billionaire Branson who wanted the British taxpayer to pay for his furloughed British Airways staff while he lived in a Caribbean tax haven counting his money to see if he had enough to buy a rocket. What a complete and utter w*nker!

Date: July 12, 2021 14:43

Captain Teague
This is the billionaire Branson who wanted the British taxpayer to pay for his furloughed British Airways staff while he lived in a Caribbean tax haven counting his money to see if he had enough to buy a rocket. What a complete and utter w*nker!

He spends plenty of money on useful charity. You can't expect one man to save the world, when hundreds of millions are just brainlessly producing offsprings who have no honest chance to live a decent life. Maybe an additional suggestion to sir Richard: free condoms for everyone to bring down the global population to what it was before the Industrial Revolution.
winking smiley

Date: July 12, 2021 15:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-14 12:35 by Irix.

Date: July 12, 2021 15:32

This looks far more adventurous to me:

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 12, 2021 15:44

skytrench
An awesome roller coaster ride for billionaires, now let the space tourism begin....what a waste of resources!

Really? This is YOUR take from a momentous achievement? Perhaps he should have abandoned the project as soon as Covid hit and just written off the >15 years development cost? Or, better, see it through and provide hope to millions of dreamers that there are better days to come.

Rod

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 12, 2021 15:55

I don't get how it's a "momentous achievement". NASA has been doing it for decades and this company did it several times and if they hadn't succeeded Branson himself would hardly have risked to do it himself. Some momentum

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 12, 2021 16:08

"Far out!" is probably the only appropriate comment here.

From the 50s onwards, whole generations of people have been raised with fantasies of outerspace and space travel. It is a myth that helped develop a lot of more or less useful stuff, yet as a goal, seems particularly unrewarding at this stage, given the risks and expenses involved, unless of course, your ego yearns for prestige.

For personal reasons, I prefer to rate Sir Branson's achievements in the music industry higher: Starting out with "Tubular Bells", the first single by Sex Pistols, then eventually the sale of his label to EMI. Let's be down to earth about it: even during the ownership of that major label, Virgin Records put out quite a few pretty good albums.

Date: July 12, 2021 16:20

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-14 12:15 by Irix.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 12, 2021 16:42

Irix
Nikkei

I don't get how it's a "momentous achievement". NASA has been doing it for decades

Yep, just have a look into the development of the Space Shuttle (or competitors like Sänger) which started in the 1960s - [en.Wikipedia.org] . So nothing new to bring a spaceship into space on the back of a stratosphere-plane.

But this is the start of space tourism for the 'common folk.' Bit of a difference. Don't have to go thru months of vigorous training I'd imagine like astronauts do. Course one wouldn't be making space walks either!!

For me, personally, I am very excited to see this, as I've always dreamed of being up in space one day, and as I'm only 45, I plan on doing this before I die. It's the ultimate bucket list item.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-12 16:42 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 12, 2021 16:43

After all hilarious, is that what they call space? A mere 80 km up to the end of the mesosphere. And then 3 minutes of weightlessness? Wow! What a big noise about it. Today is not any longer the time for such stupid games.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 12, 2021 16:43

Irix
Nikkei

I don't get how it's a "momentous achievement". NASA has been doing it for decades

Yep, just have a look into the development of the Space Shuttle (or competitors like Sänger) which started in the 1960s - [en.Wikipedia.org] . So nothing new to bring a spaceship into space on the back of a stratosphere-plane.

Well besides a completely different design and the fact that it is a private and not government achievement, I think the real point of this being momentous is that it marks the start of a new space race and creating a tourism industry there, whatever one may think of that.

Date: July 12, 2021 16:55

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-14 12:15 by Irix.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 12, 2021 17:01

TheflyingDutchman
This looks far more adventurous to me:

I'm sure that is still to come, as an 'add-on' for $300,000.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home