Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Wake Up Alvin Lee Fans!
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: July 9, 2021 01:53

California 1994 with UK blues band Nine Below Zero (Gerry and Brendan from Rory's band). Undead, Cricklewood Green, Space in Time..classic stuff. Alvin Lee rules.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Wake Up Alvin Lee Fans!
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 9, 2021 06:48

Fantastic stuff. I also didn't know this existed:

[www.youtube.com]

Legendary people.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: July 9, 2021 17:20

Ever hear the album he made with Mylon Lafevre "On The Road to Freedom " back in the 70's ? Really solid album that also featured Harrison, Ronnie Wood, Mick Fleetwood and others--

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 9, 2021 17:51

i heard a KBFH from back around then with a live set featuring Lee and Lafevre that I would love to have now. I recorded it but that tape is lost to the ages. Anyone know if it is available anywhere?

jb

Posted by: exil ()
Date: July 10, 2021 08:51

Man hes so good love his stuff.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: July 10, 2021 16:10

Uncredited Mick Jagger blows harp on that Alvin/Mylon LP and like you mentioned Ronnie Wood is on several tracks including one he wrote..You just cant beat the early 70's for rock music.

Alvin and Mylon below doing a track from "On The Road to Freedom".

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 11, 2021 07:45

Undoubtedly one of the guitar greats in the old days, but sadly half forgotten once his heyday was gone — even before his demise — unlike Hendrix. The passion-ridden performance of I’m Going Home (“by helicopter”) caught in the film, Woodstock, etched an unforgettable memory in us first time viewers’ minds, among other historic acts who took the stage on Yasgur’s farm in Summer 1969.
My recommendation is the Ten Years After Live At The Fillmore East 1970 double-CD, which is an overlooked gem of a live album due to its archival release in 2001. Blues rock at its best.

[Edit: misspelling]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-11 14:47 by RisingStone.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 11, 2021 08:02

RisingStone
Undoubtedly one of the guitar greats in the old days, but sadly half forgotten once his heyday was gone — even before his demise — unlike Hendrix. The passion-ridden performance of I’m Going Home (“by helicopter”) caught in the film, Woodstock, etched an unforgettable memory in us first time viewers’ minds, among other historic acts who took the stage on Yasgur’s firm in Summer 1969.
My recommendation is the Ten Years After Live At The Fillmore East 1970 double-CD, which is an overlooked gem of a live album due to its archival release in 2001. Blues rock at its best.

Just this afternoon I was listening to the “Live at the Fillmore East” CD. Truly Alvin and TYA at their peak. I was lucky enough to see them live back in the day, the first time in LA a week after their Woodstock performance. I was blown away. One of the best live bands ever.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 11, 2021 14:49

DaveG
RisingStone
Undoubtedly one of the guitar greats in the old days, but sadly half forgotten once his heyday was gone — even before his demise — unlike Hendrix. The passion-ridden performance of I’m Going Home (“by helicopter”) caught in the film, Woodstock, etched an unforgettable memory in us first time viewers’ minds, among other historic acts who took the stage on Yasgur’s farm in Summer 1969.

Just this afternoon I was listening to the “Live at the Fillmore East” CD. Truly Alvin and TYA at their peak. I was lucky enough to see them live back in the day, the first time in LA a week after their Woodstock performance. I was blown away. One of the best live bands ever.

Had it come out in real time (i.e. sometime in 1970), Live At The Fillmore East would have gained a fame it deserves as one of the greatest live albums of the 1970’s (see the related thread here [iorr.org]). It is not hard to assume that the band or the management team decided it would be too soon to release another live album after the 1968 Undead. The 1973 TYA Recorded Live is a good one, but they were gradually losing momentum by then, and the double album was released with little fanfare, marking a contrast with Deep Purple Made In Japan that came out some six months earlier and was causing a sensation. Timing matters.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 11, 2021 14:54

RollingFreak
Fantastic stuff. I also didn't know this existed:

[www.youtube.com]

Legendary people.

wow. ty. yikes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-11 14:54 by hopkins.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home