Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Mick Jagger broke quarantine rules to watch England's Euro clash
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 16, 2021 01:26

Mick has done the right thing (in my opinion), to watch the football team live at at the Final at Wembley Stadium (if he was there).............that he is most supportive of.

Once an England supporter, always an England supporter.

I'm 100 % certain he would have had his covid tests done,before and after arriving in UK.
He would not take any chances when meeting his family and friends back here in UK. smileys with beer

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 16, 2021 12:58

What I understand is that there was legal regulation in the UK at that time that obliged MJ to go into ten days of quarantine after his entry from France.

As it looks, he broke that law repeatedly.

Is it that law applies only to us ordinary mortals, and while we - or say the great majority of of us all - try to keep the COVID regulations as good as possible, bearing in mind that it is for the well-being of all of us,

there comes a celebrity like MJ and doesn't care about the COVID regulations at all - i.e. he doesn't care about his neighbours or any other people - and then should be rewarded with standing ovations for that unsocial behaviour?

It is also noteworthy that the fine of 10,000 Pounds is a fixed sum, something that MJ will pay from the petty cash, and not related to capital or income.

Beeing a longtime fan of the RS and with all due respect to Mick. Such conduct is unacceptable imho. I cannot applaud that.

d.f

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 16, 2021 14:40

dead.flowers
What I understand is that there was legal regulation in the UK at that time that obliged MJ to go into ten days of quarantine after his entry from France.

Is it that law applies only to us ordinary mortals, and while we - or say the great majority of of us all - try to keep the COVID regulations as good as possible, bearing in mind that it is for the well-being of all of us,

there comes a celebrity like MJ and doesn't care about the COVID regulations at all - i.e. he doesn't care about his neighbours or any other people - and then should be rewarded with standing ovations for that unsocial behaviour?

It is also noteworthy that the fine of 10,000 Pounds is a fixed sum, something that MJ will pay from the petty cash, and not related to capital or income.

Beeing a longtime fan of the RS and with all due respect to Mick. Such conduct is unacceptable imho. I cannot applaud that.

d.f

Couldn’t agree more. You put what was in my heart in words far better than I could.

To me, Mick’s act of breaking the rules this time feels like not so much rebellious as irresponsible for a grown-up and as an influential figure. How safe and in low risk he was is another matter.

Mick is neither a teenage rebel nor a youthful rock ‘n roller that he was anymore. Will you applaud if he, Mick as a seventy-seven year old man, wrecks a hotel room or throws a tv out of the window? We are not living in the 60’s or 70’s.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 16, 2021 15:24

RisingStone
dead.flowers

d.f

Couldn’t agree more. You put what was in my heart in words far better than I could.

To me, Mick’s act of breaking the rules this time feels like not so much rebellious as irresponsible for a grown-up and as an influential figure. How safe and in low risk he was is another matter.

Mick is neither a teenage rebel nor a youthful rock ‘n roller that he was anymore. Will you applaud if he, Mick as a seventy-seven year old man, wrecks a hotel room or throws a tv out of the window? We are not living in the 60’s or 70’s.

Become Beatles fans. That fits better to you both.
Go on, Mick, and do whatever you like to. You're a rock star :-)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 16, 2021 15:26

Anyone is free to break the rules you don’t have to be rich or famous to qualify for that.Who cares if Mick broke the rule it’s a stupid one that doesn’t deserve any respect.
The government also attempts to dictate to people that they are not allowed to smoke marijuana well fxck them roll one up and have a nice day spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Date: July 16, 2021 16:21

Meise

You needn’t to tell me, I am a Beatles fan as well as Stones fan. I was, I am and I will be.

This oldfashioned mentality of Beatles vs Stones...how obsolete. Live in the 60’s and stay there forever.

BTW do you still believe that old myth, “Beatles = good boys; Stones = bad guys”? Fact is, the young Beatles were rule breakers, i.e. “rebels”. They were even more streetwise than Mick and Kieth, who were both from middle class families in South East London. Another old school view from the 60’s.

Date: July 16, 2021 16:31

RisingStone
Meise

You needn’t to tell me, I am a Beatles fan as well as Stones fan. I was, I am and I will be.

This oldfashioned mentality of Beatles vs Stones...how obsolete. Live in the 60’s and stay there forever.

BTW do you still believe that old myth, “Beatles = good boys; Stones = bad guys”? Fact is, the young Beatles were rule breakers, i.e. “rebels”. They were even more streetwise than Mick and Kieth, who were both from middle class families in South East London. Another old school view from the 60’s.

Keith is from a working class family.

Date: July 16, 2021 16:36

SonofHarlemShuffler
RisingStone
Meise

Keith is from a working class family.

Ah, okay, I stand corrected in regard to that point. Thanks.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: July 16, 2021 23:56

Nate
Anyone is free to break the rules you don’t have to be rich or famous to qualify for that.Who cares if Mick broke the rule it’s a stupid one that doesn’t deserve any respect.
The government also attempts to dictate to people that they are not allowed to smoke marijuana well fxck them roll one up and have a nice day spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

I bet that nobody has died in your family, am I correct? Or nobody with serious cognitive or lungs problems. Comparing this with marijuana is, simply, a sign of lack of......

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 17, 2021 01:06

capsula
Nate

Nate

I bet that nobody has died in your family, am I correct? Or nobody with serious cognitive or lungs problems. Comparing this with marijuana is, simply, a sign of lack of......

I obviously wasn’t comparing Covid with smoking Ganja I was mocking ludicrous rules that the authorities attempt to impose on people.Expecting people to stay locked up at home for days after being vaccinated and tested and flying in from a country that has less Covid cases than the one you are arriving in is simply ludicrous.

I do know two people who sadly lost their lives to Covid and I have family members who have health issues so I do take the virus seriously.Here in the U.K. we entered a hard lockdown at Christmas and from then until March this year I did not go to friends houses or have them around my place even though they live very close to me because I was aware of the danger and none of us had received the vaccine.

As I said above I do take the virus seriously but I also continue to retain a healthy disrespect for authority.

Nate

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home