Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Mick Jagger BROKE quarantine rules to watch England's Euro clash at Wembley just 24 hours after flying in from France
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 9, 2021 13:22

NeddieFlanders
"They are also planning to release another album of remastered 'basement tracks' never previously released from around the time of their Tattoo You 1981 release."

Tattoo You deluxe edition?

N
This I believe and is the most likely and logical explanation for the "new album "

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Mick Jagger BROKE quarantine rules to watch England's Euro clash at Wembley just 24 hours after flying in from France
Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: July 9, 2021 13:28

Maybe Mick went to Wembley to test his eyesight. It is probably a lot safer testing your eyesight in a football stadium than say, driving from London to Barnard Castle which I believe is perfectly acceptable.

Date: July 9, 2021 13:31

NeddieFlanders
"They are also planning to release another album of remastered 'basement tracks' never previously released from around the time of their Tattoo You 1981 release."

Tattoo You deluxe edition?

N
Also , I have been waiting for the Glimmers to get around to releasing the Deluxe edition of Tattoo You a-la Exile, and Sticky etc. Laugh as you may , but I would like the same treatment for Undercover and Dirty Work . Think of it this way , that there must be some bonus tracks left on the cutting room floor from when the Stones wrote tunes together (I know that ended back in the late 70's and early 80's ) but the material would be better than anything post Steel Wheels ? Right ? Also the Tattoo You material goes back to the early 70's so there could be some surprises there ?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2021 13:35

pichenot

His attitude is just like the English public during the game against Denmark. Audience whistling during the Danish anthem and every time they had the ball. It's a lack of respect for Christian Eriksen. I thought the fairplay was English but that was before.

Very unsportsmanlike was the disturbance of the Danish goalkeeper by (English ?) spectators using Laser-Pointer, which has now serious consequences - [www.TheGuardian.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-09 14:25 by Irix.

Date: July 9, 2021 13:36

Wow, I guess Mick is really a football fan . I always though he was a casual fan , with this he makes it to the fanatic level . No surprises for me though as there always have been 2 sets of rules . My gut tells me that it is not even half time in the battle against COVID-19 . Still a long way to go .

Re: Mick Jagger broke quarantine rules to watch England's Euro clash
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 9, 2021 13:48

Bjornulf

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 9, 2021 14:06

Irix
pichenot

His attitude is just like the English public during the game against Denmark. Audience whistling during the Danish anthem and every time they had the ball. It's a lack of respect for Christian Eriksen. I thought the fairplay was English but that was before.

Very unsportsmanlike was the disturbance of the Danish goalkeeper by English fans using laser pointer, which has now serious consequences - [www.TheGuardian.com] .

I don't think it's fair to tar them all with the same brush, describing the act as 'The English fans did this". And I say that as a Scotland fan. This is the idiotic actions of a single misguided individual who will hopefully be caught and charged. It's dangerous and a life ban from Wembley would not be OTT if you ask me.

Date: July 9, 2021 14:17

Leave England to Italy, at least if they play like they did against Denmark.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2021 14:35

grzegorz67

I don't think it's fair to tar them all with the same brush, describing the act as 'The English fans did this".

Yep, but: "UEFA charges England over laser pointer aimed at Denmark keeper in Euro 2020 semifinal. England is also charged over 'disturbance' caused by its supporters after some fans booed during the Danish national anthem, and over fans setting off fireworks inside Wembley" -- [www.Euronews.com] , [www.BBC.com] .

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 9, 2021 14:44

Some of the disregard for public health is privilege of the elite and some of it is the rebellious spirit that he's embraced for nearly 60 years. Rebellion isn't just about when you give the two-finger salute to something a fraction of the public holds in contempt (generally involving drug use, sexual morality, fashion standards, bad language, etc.) that make fans vicariously admire their ability to "get away" with it. It's also showing contempt for the things those same aging fans now take seriously (public health, driving while under the influence, sex with minors when the star is no longer in their early twenties, etc.).

Suddenly that same spirit of taking the piss out of the Establishment rankles aging fans who grew up and had their own values change because of mortality or family responsibility. Mick, like Keith, is still at heart the self-centered bohemian who doesn't care about our petty laws, morals, or concerns. We don't matter. "Pay for your ticket and don't complain" as one of their contemporaries once put it.

Meantime, glad work continues towards the release of a new studio album and that the last of the deluxe editions really is coming together.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: July 9, 2021 14:51

Maybe... since we are talking money and access. It would be strange if Mick didn't have access to some of the high level non mass meadia paid by the big pharma so called experts we see daily, but actual experts. And he then made a smart an informed choice to attend the match knowing all well it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever if he broke a another bs rule.

Or maybe he just lost all credibility and endangered thousands of people...by being a rich bastard,,, ;-)

Great to see Mick being relevant in todays society by making a cool statement like this

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2021 15:12

Rocky Dijon
Some of the disregard for public health is privilege of the elite and some of it is the rebellious spirit that he's embraced for nearly 60 years. Rebellion isn't just about when you give the two-finger salute to something a fraction of the public holds in contempt (generally involving drug use, sexual morality, fashion standards, bad language, etc.) that make fans vicariously admire their ability to "get away" with it. It's also showing contempt for the things those same aging fans now take seriously (public health, driving while under the influence, sex with minors when the star is no longer in their early twenties, etc.).

Suddenly that same spirit of taking the piss out of the Establishment rankles aging fans who grew up and had their own values change because of mortality or family responsibility. Mick, like Keith, is still at heart the self-centered bohemian who doesn't care about our petty laws, morals, or concerns. We don't matter. "Pay for your ticket and don't complain" as one of their contemporaries once put it.

Meantime, glad work continues towards the release of a new studio album and that the last of the deluxe editions really is coming together.

Agree with the rebellious aspect of your post, and part of me cheered him on.

As for not "caring about your petty laws and concerns", I call bs.
Mick has been, based on interviews and actions, as concerned as any of us and safe during quarantine imo. Very self aware of his privilege.
He broke a rule, not to flaunt any of that, but to attend an important (to him) historic event he shares with his kid(s). Good on him.

Fully vaxxed, fully tested coming and going, fully masked, he was as safe (or likely safer) with testing pre and post arrival than many who followed the rules to the letter.
As cautious as I've been throughout the pandemic, and critical of those who don't play by the rules, I've broken out for a flight and live show during it, did so as safely as possible, and bet most of us have broken a rule or three during the last year and a half. The difference of a one-off and a habitual rule breaker/spreader/denier when it comes to the pandemic is huge.
He didn't put anyone at risk, again- good on him. smileys with beer

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 9, 2021 15:21

bv

Looks like James with him. Family outing? smileys with beer

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 9, 2021 15:24

bv

the dude in the back isn't wearing a mask.

tsk, tsk.

Date: July 9, 2021 15:40

Irix
grzegorz67

I don't think it's fair to tar them all with the same brush, describing the act as 'The English fans did this".

Yep, but: "UEFA charges England over laser pointer aimed at Denmark keeper in Euro 2020 semifinal. England is also charged over 'disturbance' caused by its supporters after some fans booed during the Danish national anthem, and over fans setting off fireworks inside Wembley" -- [www.Euronews.com] , [www.BBC.com] .

Booing the visitors'anthem is not nice at all but it isn't an offence. They're far from the only fans who do it. The setting off fireworks inside the stadium is certainly an offence though and certainly warrants action.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 9, 2021 15:44

stickyfingers101
bv

tsk, tsk.

They're outside, though!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 9, 2021 16:01

announce the tour and we all break the quarantine rules smiling smiley)))

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 9, 2021 16:02

Big Al
stickyfingers101
bv

tsk, tsk.

They're outside, though!
Is that Keith in the green jacket walking behind Mick or Mick’s bodyguard

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 9, 2021 16:43

...that hooded bomber jacket is really nice....Mick is rocking it!...good job.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 9, 2021 16:58

Bjorn
So what.

thumbs up

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 9, 2021 17:05

caschimann
Bjorn
So what.

thumbs up

Agreed. Mick was vaccinated and wearing a mask.
Follow the science!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 9, 2021 17:09

Not sure how many EUFA and FIFA guests are coming to see the final, but I did see somewhere it was over 1000, and are all of them in quarantine now?

I wonder if Mick is going to risk going to the Final at Wembley, or stay at home and watch it on TV.

It's hard to know what Mick may do on Sunday when he is obviously fully vaxed and I imagine maybe tested every day.
Let's face it, on July 19th traveller's will not have to quarantine from amber countries, and the probability of higher infection rates is very likely by then.

The dates for the footy semi final and final are not quite right for a lot of incoming travellers who would like to be at Wembley.

So easy over here in UK to go to a NHS drop in centre or even your local pharmacy to pick up two packs of lateral flow test kits.
They give you two automatically and each one has seven test kits.
You're meant to give the results to NHS for their statistics I guess.

So easy to do the test and get the result in 30minutes.

Date: July 9, 2021 18:32

As far as I know this is the latest information about the rules and restrictions for the 2,500 UEFA officials and guests, and seems one rule for them and another for the fans.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: July 9, 2021 18:37

crawdaddy
Not sure how many EUFA and FIFA guests are coming to see the final, but I did see somewhere it was over 1000, and are all of them in quarantine now?

I wonder if Mick is going to risk going to the Final at Wembley, or stay at home and watch it on TV.

It's hard to know what Mick may do on Sunday when he is obviously fully vaxed and I imagine maybe tested every day.
Let's face it, on July 19th traveller's will not have to quarantine from amber countries, and the probability of higher infection rates is very likely by then.

The dates for the footy semi final and final are not quite right for a lot of incoming travellers who would like to be at Wembley.

So easy over here in UK to go to a NHS drop in centre or even your local pharmacy to pick up two packs of lateral flow test kits.
They give you two automatically and each one has seven test kits.
You're meant to give the results to NHS for their statistics I guess.

So easy to do the test and get the result in 30minutes.

I believe any fans of non UK nations who attended their teams' games at Hampden or Wembley had to be resident here to get a ticket. That's included Czechs, Croats, Swedes, Germans, Ukrainians, Austrians, Spaniards, Danes and Italians. As there are communities from all of those nations here in the UK, they were usually well supported. There's always been a big vibrant Italian community here for 100+ years so Italy will be well supported on Sunday for sure.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 9, 2021 18:37

Sir Mick should be at the game on Sunday. Then he will get the inspiration to do another UK tour next year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: July 9, 2021 18:52

wonder if security had the balls to search Mick's blue back bag!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 9, 2021 18:55

ukcal
wonder if security had the balls to search Mick's blue back bag!!!

Ron Wood!

Date: July 9, 2021 18:58

bv
Sir Mick should be at the game on Sunday. Then he will get the inspiration to do another UK tour next year.

Now that would be good grinning smiley . A repeat of the glorious Summer of 2018 with 8 dates including stops in the Scottish and Welsh Capitals would be a dream. Why not??? Charlie & Ronnie are both permanent residents. I hope you've heard something good about this.... winking smiley

Date: July 10, 2021 02:19

Mick Jagger has come back to England to watch his team play at Wembley Stadium for the semi final, and the Final,as well as meeting up with Ronnie and Charlie hopefully, and of course Keith whatever way is best for talking etc.

Hopefully will be about the next live gigs and the new album to come out.

Mick really deserves to watch England v Italy at Wembley Stadium on Sunday evening , and in my opinion far more worthy than the friends and family of the fat cats in UEFA and FIFA who run international football.

No time now to get a petition going for it, but he really deserves to get to Wembley and watch the game, as Mick is an English icon since the 60's.smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 10, 2021 03:11

Mick's usually with Lucas lately at the matches, interesting that he brought James.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home