Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: NEW LIVE RECORD IN COPACABANA AND SO ON
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 7, 2021 05:28

>Had I known those would have no relevance not much later in regard to how it works in regard to being purchased

Huh?

jb

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 7, 2021 10:40

georgelicks
These releases only sell 10k or less, they could care less about sound quality when only a bunch of old farts are interested.

The last one, Atlantic City, after 9+ months has sold 8,800 copies in the States, all the formats included.
Right but it's also on the music streaming services. They are on rang 155 there right now which is really not bad for a group of their age that had their best time in the 70s. If the sound quality is that bad as it is with copacabana nobody will listen to it. They could just engage any 20 year old sound engineering student and he would do it better than Sam Wheat. So it's not even a matter of money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-07 10:41 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 7, 2021 10:59

I agree with the original poster. The aber is the constant repetition of the warhorses. And they make up for 80 percent of every concert. Van or Bob, or even Bruce do at least try to vary their warhorses.
Different tempos, different arrangements. The Stones' versions all sound the same. If you're not a big fan of constant repetition it becomes boring. You get the feeling they are not even trying.
They are just there to collect the money.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 7, 2021 11:23

Stoneage
I agree with the original poster. The aber is the constant repetition of the warhorses. And they make up for 80 percent of every concert. Van or Bob, or even Bruce do at least try to vary their warhorses.
Different tempos, different arrangements. The Stones' versions all sound the same. If you're not a big fan of constant repetition it becomes boring. You get the feeling they are not even trying.
They are just there to collect the money.
You can't blame it on them. Most of the time when I was at a concert and they played a rare song, most of the people looked bored, some began to talk, others went for a toilet break. That's just how it is if you play to a big stadium crowd. Also the show is such a high energy workout for Mick, they just can't do it for more than two hours. So there isn't really much room left for suprises, only one or two slots in the setlist. Bruce and Bob can do it because they stand or sit most of the time on one spot. Surely Mock could do that do, but I really would not want to see a Stones show where Mick is just standing on spot half of the show.

Just let me say - there will come a time (could be sooner than we think) when we would give everything to be able to travel back in time and see the boys play "Jumpin jack flash" and "Start me up"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-07 11:27 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 7, 2021 13:59

1963luca0
Mayo is not that wrong, actually. It's pretty boring, now.
They're giving us the same show for the 4th (?) time or something like that.
Why not to release the best of each tour? Or a selection of rarely issued songs that they performed once or twice? Why not to care to satisfy the Collectors and the avarage fan? Just black vinyl. Stop.
UMG is using RSD to launch their latest output of useless vinyl and, on top of that, they've stopped enrolling Bob Clearmountain to up-dated the mix of the source tapes. As a result we have: well-known shows, in horrible covers (Studio Fury) and bad-sounding music.
I will not stop buying vinyl, but I gave up buying CDs, DVDs and all the other formats long ago and with no regrets.
we're not negative about the band, we're negative about the way RSR lets UMG manage their output. ABKCO Records shows much more respect and Tery Landi is working very well, instead.
IMO, Luca
I am a fan as many are of the Stones . I welcome all material being released and look forward to the live recordings and ditto for Complete shows on audio and video which is a big plus for me as I get to enjoy and relive past performances from past tours . I feel time is of the essence as we never know about ole Father time and such . For new material from the studio it's been since 2005 . Then with the Live releases it fills a void and is a joy for me . I welcome and encourage the Stones to continue to mine the Vaults and present these live Gems for us . Thank You to the Rolling Stones and there managmnet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 7, 2021 14:00

georgemcdonnell314
ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314
I haven't purchase a live release since Flashpoint.

You missed Brussels, Live In England '65, On The Air, L&G and Live In Texas 1978?
Easy possible to miss these:
Brussels and Live In England were in big deluxe boxes only
On The Air and L&G are of dubious sound quality

But not Live In Texas 1978. Although, the mastering for that on is a brickwall...

I have had all these on bootlegs for years.

How did you come across the Live In England '65 and Brussels-boitlegs?

Date: July 7, 2021 14:01

georgemcdonnell314
shortfatfanny
georgemcdonnell314
georgemcdonnell314
ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314

You missed Brussels, Live In England '65, On The Air, L&G and Live In Texas 1978?

But not Live In Texas 1978. Although, the mastering for that on is a brickwall...

I should also mention you forgot Hampton and LA75 which I also have on bootleg.
What about Leeds '71 and '82...?
Ok,you got them on bootleg...

I do in fact have both on bootleg. Perhaps you can find something positive to say.

You have JJF and Live With Me on that Leeds 1971-bootleg?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-07 14:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 7, 2021 14:20

Another thing is that it comes across very negative to rag on the Stones and there released material both live and studio and then brag about buying bootlegs . I mean anyone can do what they want , but !

Date: July 7, 2021 19:22

> there will come a time (could be sooner than we think) when we would give
>everything to be able to travel back in time and see the boys play "Jumpin jack
>flash" and "Start me up"

But I doubt anyone would choose to listen to 21st century versions of those songs. Or even post 1980 versions.

jb

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 7, 2021 19:31

I only like the early JJF

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 7, 2021 21:39

DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314
shortfatfanny
georgemcdonnell314
georgemcdonnell314
ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314

I do in fact have both on bootleg. Perhaps you can find something positive to say.

Who knows...but hey,you could give San Jose '99 a try in case you missed that official release...very good show with a superb setlist.
Really a positive surprise when it has been released...

Date: July 7, 2021 21:43

shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314
shortfatfanny
georgemcdonnell314
georgemcdonnell314
ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314

Who knows...but hey,you could give San Jose '99 a try in case you missed that official release...very good show with a superb setlist.
San Jose 99 was mind blowing great and such a treat . That is a very good recommendation !

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 7, 2021 21:43

shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314
shortfatfanny
georgemcdonnell314
georgemcdonnell314
ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314

Agreed. Their last great tour. Not the big financial tour. Not the big asses in the seats tour. Simply the last great Rolling Stones tour.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: July 8, 2021 09:10

Yes, I was in Boston: unforgettable...

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: July 8, 2021 17:14

We had most of the 'From the vaults' stuff on bootleg eye rolling smiley

San Jose is really good ?

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: July 8, 2021 17:24

jbwelda

But I doubt anyone would choose to listen to 21st century versions of those songs. Or even post 1980 versions.

jb

speak for yourself. I enjoy them more than most other periods. not trying to convert anyone just saying what I love

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: July 8, 2021 17:41

TheGreek
Then with the Live releases it fills a void and is a joy for me . I welcome and encourage the Stones to continue to mine the Vaults and present these live Gems for us . Thank You to the Rolling Stones and there managmnet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I feel this way too, I always look forward to these releases. I have a lot of memories with different vault albums - like when I bought BREMEN 98 on release day and watched it with friends (a little trebly sound at times but still good).

San Jose I listen to quite a bit, and I'm lucky to have the Japanese bonus tracks - love that moonlight mile version!

anyway, I really dig these vault releases. I'm just a stones freak but I like it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-08 17:41 by gavin95.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 8, 2021 18:23

smileys with beer

Date: July 8, 2021 18:49

gavin95
TheGreek
Then with the Live releases it fills a void and is a joy for me . I welcome and encourage the Stones to continue to mine the Vaults and present these live Gems for us . Thank You to the Rolling Stones and there managmnet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I feel this way too, I always look forward to these releases. I have a lot of memories with different vault albums - like when I bought BREMEN 98 on release day and watched it with friends (a little trebly sound at times but still good).

San Jose I listen to quite a bit, and I'm lucky to have the Japanese bonus tracks - love that moonlight mile version!

anyway, I really dig these vault releases. I'm just a stones freak but I like it
Exactly my sentiments . As I relive memories from past tours and remember when . Fun Times !

Date: July 8, 2021 19:08

gavin95
jbwelda

jb

speak for yourself. I enjoy them more than most other periods. not trying to convert anyone just saying what I love

just goes to show: no accounting for tastes.

jb

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 8, 2021 19:12

georgemcdonnell314
shortfatfanny
georgemcdonnell314
georgemcdonnell314
ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314

The official release of Leeds 1971 has the complete show and not just the songs which were recorded off of the live broadcast.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home