Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Sir Ivan invites you to a free concert on Youtube
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 4, 2021 01:32

Live att Real Studios, Box England 2021. 28th of June, 2021. Enjoy!

The Belfast Cowboy in full swing...

Re: OT: Sir Ivan invites you to a free concert on Youtube
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 4, 2021 03:47

smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 4, 2021 15:23

The voice.

Date: July 4, 2021 19:18

Of course there is no interest whatsoever for Van on a Stones forum. I should have realized that. Anyway, one reason for starting this thread was to show
that it is still not impossible for older artists to produce new material and perform concerts. In this case online and, nota bene, for free.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 4, 2021 19:34

Excellent, thanks. thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 5, 2021 02:18

Watched it all.. was fantastic!
Glad to see him keeping the covid nonsense out of the set, for the most part.

Only real direct reference to it was in "Where Have All The Rebels Gone", well I suppose the whole song is a direct reference, but the line "Need a real live audience to perform. Where have all the rebels gone?" shows how he equates those not willing to risk their lives to see music, with not being a "rebel" eye rolling smiley. So off the mark with that nonsense, it's sad.

It looks likely the anti-vax songs will not be a feature of his sets going forward, which is smart move. Great set.. like a lot of his new stuff.
Agree with the lyric that you "Need a live audience to perform" though. without it a huge element is missing.

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: July 5, 2021 06:18

MisterDDDD
Watched it all.. was fantastic!
Glad to see him keeping the covid nonsense out of the set, for the most part.

Only real direct reference to it was in "Where Have All The Rebels Gone", well I suppose the whole song is a direct reference, but the line "Need a real live audience to perform. Where have all the rebels gone?" shows how he equates those not willing to risk their lives to see music, with not being a "rebel" eye rolling smiley. So off the mark with that nonsense, it's sad.

It looks likely the anti-vax songs will not be a feature of his sets going forward, which is smart move. Great set.. like a lot of his new stuff.
Agree with the lyric that you "Need a live audience to perform" though. without it a huge element is missing.

...and here's a song about that very thing!

Date: July 5, 2021 08:26

I imagine Dylan's upcoming virtual concert will also become available for free soon after it's debut - hope so anyways. Dylan and Sir Van treating the fans right!
Would be nice if the Stones would do something like this, especially since it's looking less and less like the postponed US shows will ever be rescheduled anytime soon, if at all.
And then there's the supposed new album they've talked about for years which still hasn't seen the light of day - maybe they could do something special for all the fans such as Dylan and Van are doing.
I'd maybe pay $20 to see the Stones do a virtual concert, but then again might be worth the wait to see it for free just Vans show.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: July 6, 2021 01:49

Stoneage
Of course there is no interest whatsoever for Van on a Stones forum. I should have realized that. Anyway, one reason for starting this thread was to show
that it is still not impossible for older artists to produce new material and perform concerts. In this case online and, nota bene, for free.

Since 2006 Van has released 13 discs (mostly of superb quality). The Stones have released 2. A live soundtrack and a blues-covers disc. Like wine some product ages much better than others. Van the Man!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 6, 2021 02:10

Hairball
I imagine Dylan's upcoming virtual concert will also become available for free soon after it's debut - hope so anyways. Dylan and Sir Van treating the fans right!
Would be nice if the Stones would do something like this, especially since it's looking less and less like the postponed US shows will ever be rescheduled anytime soon, if at all.
And then there's the supposed new album they've talked about for years which still hasn't seen the light of day - maybe they could do something special for all the fans such as Dylan and Van are doing.
I'd maybe pay $20 to see the Stones do a virtual concert, but then again might be worth the wait to see it for free just Vans show.

I think the fact that there are four of them (plus their supporting musicians) and their geographical differences are a major issue in an era where foreign travel is a problem - Keith lives in the US, Ronnie and Charlie in England and Mick seems to have spent the last few months in Italy.

Add to that the fact that Ronnie is recovering from chemotherapy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-06 02:11 by Gazza.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 6, 2021 03:06

KSIE
Stoneage

Since 2006 Van has released 13 discs (mostly of superb quality). The Stones have released 2. A live soundtrack and a blues-covers disc. Like wine some product ages much better than others. Van the Man!

I'll take that in a heartbeat over coming out with some petition and a few highly publicized anti-vax songs along with embarrassing public meltdowns over it.

Let's stack up live audiences played to in the same time frame.
Stones by a moonlight mile.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 6, 2021 03:14

i’ve seen/heard the anti-lockdown stuff but not the anti-vax?

Date: July 6, 2021 05:21

Gazza
Hairball

I think the fact that there are four of them (plus their supporting musicians) and their geographical differences are a major issue in an era where foreign travel is a problem - Keith lives in the US, Ronnie and Charlie in England and Mick seems to have spent the last few months in Italy.

Yeah I realize all of that, but I was speaking of a future project when traveling is allowed, Ronnie is feeling up for it, and the postponed tour is ultimately cancelled.
How nice would it be to see them all in a room giving a performance similar to the Van and Dylan virtual shows?

And you have to consider that while Van and Dylan may be solo performers, they each have multiple members in their respective bands.
If they can do it, surely the Stones can figure out a way to do it...maybe they won't have all their supporting musicians, but that would be a plus imo.

Date: July 6, 2021 05:25

KSIE
Stoneage

Indeed.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 6, 2021 10:27

I do not like the idea of streaming concerts for free. I pay for art.

Date: July 6, 2021 15:41

He did a pay-per-view a few weeks ago. It doesnt make the performance any better or worse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-06 15:45 by Gazza.

Date: July 6, 2021 15:44

Hairball
Gazza
Hairball

Yeah I realize all of that, but I was speaking of a future project when traveling is allowed, Ronnie is feeling up for it, and the postponed tour is ultimately cancelled.
How nice would it be to see them all in a room giving a performance similar to the Van and Dylan virtual shows?

And you have to consider that while Van and Dylan may be solo performers, they each have multiple members in their respective bands.
If they can do it, surely the Stones can figure out a way to do it...maybe they won't have all their supporting musicians, but that would be a plus imo.

I doubt it will be cancelled. I think the shows are being rearranged. There's talk we might hear something soon.

regarding the last point, all of Van's band (and presumably crew) live in the UK. All of Dylan's band and crew live in the US. Its not quite like for like.

Date: July 6, 2021 15:51

KSIE
Stoneage

thats a bit of a stretch, to be honest. Certainly his work ethic is admirable, but IMO those albums have generally been patchy at best (albeit with some fine moments on most of them) and quite a bit below the consistently strong records he was putting out until about 20 years ago.

Date: July 6, 2021 19:42

Gazza
Hairball
Gazza
Hairball

I doubt it will be cancelled. I think the shows are being rearranged. There's talk we might hear something soon.

regarding the last point, all of Van's band (and presumably crew) live in the UK. All of Dylan's band and crew live in the US. Its not quite like for like.

There has been talk we might hear something soon for at least the last month, yet here we are with nothing...not yet anyways. If not cancelled, I'd say rescheduled to 2022, but even that has said to be unlikely.
And as far as band members, no it's not quite like for like, but again I'm talking about a future project when traveling restrictions are no more and various band members/supporting musicians can travel at free will.
As far as the bands crew, it's not like they'd be setting up a massive No Filter stage with millions of bells and whistles - no, like Van and Dylan it would be a virtual concert on a minimal small sound stage where only a few necessary stage hands/crew members would be needed. But no matter, it's all wishful thinking anyways...maybe they'll do it for their 60th anniversary next year.

Date: July 6, 2021 22:24

Some Van parody on the net. Very funny!

Robin Swann is very dangerous

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 6, 2021 23:25

I would be really happy if we see Mick and the Wembley Whammer, Charlie, together at Wembley Stadium for the England v Denmark Euro semi-final and/or the Final.

I might be mistaken here, but I think only Mick and Ronnie have been seen together since this Covid business has ruled our lives.

Posted by: gostonesforever ()
Date: July 6, 2021 23:47

Stoneage
Live att Real Studios, Box England 2021. 28th of June, 2021. Enjoy!

The Belfast Cowboy in full swing...
Wow. Van has still got it. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: gostonesforever ()
Date: July 6, 2021 23:50

Stoneage
Some Van parody on the net. Very funny!

Robin Swann is very dangerous
smileys with beer Funny. World needs more funny stuff. Peace.

Date: July 7, 2021 19:54

You wonder how dangerous that character, Robin Swann, is? Has he connections with Sinn Féin or the IRA? Or the mob?

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 8, 2021 06:28

That was very good

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 8, 2021 06:30

Nah Van just hanging out with the bigots of the DUP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1453
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home