Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Remember Brian
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: July 4, 2021 00:48

Just thinking of Brian.
Thank you for the music of my youth.
I Wanna Be Your Man, Little Red Rooster, the clothes, the attitude, No Expectations, mirambas, organ, Ruby Tuesday,......so much in such a short time..................

Re: Remember Brian
Posted by: andreas ()
Date: July 4, 2021 01:42

… oh yes … 2000 light years
From home .. we love you miss amanda Jones ..…

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 4, 2021 05:40

The most ethereal musician I can think of. All of his best was infused with a longing spirit. Quite unique. I can't think of anyone who matched it. Why, Brian? Or did your particular genius come with a dark cost? Rest In Peace.

Posted by: Jayce ()
Date: July 4, 2021 05:56

A most formidable impact on the Stones' music and image that has stretched for the past 60 years. Whatever the level of his talent or the excesses of his personality and behavior, Brian's imprint on the music of the band we love so much is profoundly deep. He did not write the songs, but like another gone-too-soon musician, Keith Moon, his effect on the work the band he played in was astronomical and the band he was in changed completely once he left the stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-04 07:11 by Jayce.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 4, 2021 12:21

No worries as the Aussies so often say.
No Rolling Stones fan, their offsprings and don't forget history will ever forget Brian Jones. He was and will always be one of the Rolling Stones
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-04 12:32 by georgie48.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 4, 2021 12:27

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 4, 2021 14:51

Thank you Brian Jones-We Love You!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: July 4, 2021 14:59

How can we forget Brian, am i right in saying we haven't had a number one hit single in the UK since he left,( HTW. Brian was involved on the early sessions recording Country Honk) he was a major influence on the most successful period.

Like Taylor he didn't get the writing credit he deserved..

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 4, 2021 18:16

Always the coolest of the Stones. His was the essence that made many a song on those early albums something special.

Posted by: Paris75014 ()
Date: July 4, 2021 21:48

I don't know if he's somewhere in the sky but if so then I hope he's proud of his band !
cheers Brian.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 5, 2021 21:15

On every 5th July I listen to the 1969 Hyde Park concert and I remember Brian!

Date: July 5, 2021 22:37

I am sure many others will disagree but I think their best music was from the Brian era.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 6, 2021 08:40

georgemcdonnell314
I am sure many others will disagree but I think their best music was from the Brian era.

In terms of singles, definitely. The Brian-era is absolutely the most iconic and classic, also. It’s the 1960’s, after all.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: July 6, 2021 14:13

georgemcdonnell314

Beyond compare as far as I'm concerned, the were just so much more interesting and cool before they turned into a comedy country rock band with noodly guitar.

Date: July 7, 2021 02:44

WorriedAboutYou
georgemcdonnell314

Beyond compare as far as I'm concerned, the were just so much more interesting and cool before they turned into a comedy country rock band with noodly guitar.

The Brian Era was great, but please, he had little or nothing to do with Jumping Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women, or Brown Sugar, the apex of Stone's singles.

Date: July 7, 2021 09:49

24FPS
WorriedAboutYou
georgemcdonnell314

The Brian Era was great, but please, he had little or nothing to do with Jumping Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women, or Brown Sugar, the apex of Stone's singles.

Well, he performs on Jumpin’ Jack Flash and is fairly visible in that song’s promo videos! The latter two, yeah.

The Stones were predominantly a singles-act during the Brian-era. It’s at least what that era will, and is, remembered for: The Last Time, Satisfaction, Paint it, Black...

The Brian-era is synonymous with swinging London and the cultural evolution that was the 1960’s. If they’d have split after Jumpin’ Jack Flash, they’d still be so highly regarded and revered. They made better albums after his passing - well, not all of them! - but it was during his tenure when they mattered to the younger generation the most.

Date: July 7, 2021 16:37

Big Al
24FPS
WorriedAboutYou
georgemcdonnell314

Well, he performs on Jumpin’ Jack Flash and is fairly visible in that song’s promo videos! The latter two, yeah.

The Stones were predominantly a singles-act during the Brian-era. It’s at least what that era will, and is, remembered for: The Last Time, Satisfaction, Paint it, Black...

The Brian-era is synonymous with swinging London and the cultural evolution that was the 1960’s. If they’d have split after Jumpin’ Jack Flash, they’d still be so highly regarded and revered. They made better albums after his passing - well, not all of them! - but it was during his tenure when they mattered to the younger generation the most.

And as much as I love Brian, he was totally the wrong guitar player for what they became in the Jimmy Miller era. The band reached it's Zenith in '72, with Exile and the American Tour. That's when they topped the rock world, with the Beatles disbanded, and Exile selling like hotcakes. I still remember a belt high stack of Exiles albums next to an equal stack of Hot Rocks next to it. I think the '72 Stones mattered most to a crowd that grew up with them, and a whole new generation of young people.

Date: July 7, 2021 18:55

24FPS
Big Al
24FPS
WorriedAboutYou
georgemcdonnell314

And as much as I love Brian, he was totally the wrong guitar player for what they became in the Jimmy Miller era. The band reached it's Zenith in '72, with Exile and the American Tour. That's when they topped the rock world, with the Beatles disbanded, and Exile selling like hotcakes. I still remember a belt high stack of Exiles albums next to an equal stack of Hot Rocks next to it. I think the '72 Stones mattered most to a crowd that grew up with them, and a whole new generation of young people.

And I can’t disagree with that, really. I mean, musically, they scaled new heights during those immediate post-Brian years. Exile and the American tour were probably their zenith in some respects. It was certainly downward from ‘73 onwards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home