Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jazz Fest Lineup 2021
Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: June 25, 2021 00:07

For those of you interested the lineup is out for Jazz Fest 2021.

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Weekend 1

Dead & Company • Foo Fighters • Lizzo • The Black Crowes • Demi Lovato • Brandi Carlile • Wu-Tang Clan featuring The Soul Rebels • The Revivalists • Ludacris • Ziggy Marley: Songs of Bob Marley • Randy Newman • Tank and The Bangas • Galactic • David Sanborn • Preservation Hall Jazz Band • Kermit Ruffins & the Barbeque Swingers • Chris Isaak • Cyril Neville • Hurray for the Riff Raff • Charlie Musselwhite • Arturo Sandoval • Martha Redbone Roots Project • Ricky Skaggs • Doug Kershaw • Boyfriend • El Gran Combo, Lil’ Ed & the Blues Imperials • Tab Benoit • Leo Nocentelli • Anders Osborne • Walter Wolfman Washington & the Roadmasters • Little Freddie King • Kathy Taylor and Favor • Tribute to Bessie Smith • Nicholas Payton • Deacon John • Lost Bayou Ramblers • Big Chief Monk Boudreaux & the Golden Eagles Mardi Gras Indians • We are One and Divine Ladies Social Aid & Pleasure Clubs, plus hundreds more!

Weekend 2

Stevie Nicks • Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band • H.E.R. • Norah Jones • Tedeschi Trucks Band • The Beach Boys • Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue • Jon Batiste • Elvis Costello & The Imposters • Brittany Howard • Irma Thomas • Melissa Etheridge • The Isley Brothers • Nile Rodgers & CHIC • Boz Scaggs • Rickie Lee Jones • Ledisi • Tower of Power • Big Freedia • Keb’ Mo’ Band • PJ Morton • Playing for Change Band • Samantha Fish • Terence Blanchard feat. The E-Collective • Rebirth Brass Band • Shovels & Rope • Asleep at the Wheel • Terri Lyne Carrington + Social Science • Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk • The Radiators • Christone “Kingfish” Ingram • The Dirty Dozen Brass Band • George Porter Jr. & Runnin’ Pardners • Davell Crawford • Puss N Boots • The Campbell Brothers • Jermaine Landrum & Abundant Praise Revival Choir • The Roots of Music Marching Crusaders • Tribute to Dr. John • The Count Basie Orchestra • New Orleans Nightcrawlers • Ronnie Lamarque, plus hundreds more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-25 00:10 by coloradocanyons.

Re: Jazz Fest Lineup 2021
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 25, 2021 04:31

Meh. There is definitely some great talent there, but I think I'll wait until next spring. A lot of international acts aren't making it this fall.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 25, 2021 04:51

The second weekend is amazing once you drop past Stevie Nicks, Jimmy Buffet, HER, Tedeschi Truck and Beach Boys. I could not be bothered with any of them. I'm considering going, leaving each night before the headliners and back at the Maple Leaf or down Frenchman's to see local music.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 25, 2021 07:05

That's a really good lineup. Beyond considering COVID etc but also considering what's happened. So many people have complained about the big international touring acts... a lot less is good.

Nice to see Big Chief Monk Boudreaux & the Golden Eagles Mardi Gras Indians

I love how people bitch about Jimmy Buffett, a Gulf Coast child, who draws anywhere from 90,000 to 120,000 people.

More to be announced, and sometimes there are some great surprises.

Frenchmen st isn't all that is used to be but whatever. The night time shows will be fantastic as usual, especially considering that some of them won't be Jazz Fest participants.

Keep in mind, though - the 2021 hurricane season will be very active and may very well influence Jazz Fest. It will be more like 2005 than 2020 with one exception - no Greek names. The history of both seasons means zero, just like all previous seasons, in terms of if Louisiana will get hit by one or five hurricanes (or tropical storms) this year - or when. Louisiana is ranked third or fourth, depending on what one reads from when, in terms of total hits.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: June 25, 2021 09:16

buffalo7478
The second weekend is amazing once you drop past Stevie Nicks, Jimmy Buffet, HER, Tedeschi Truck and Beach Boys. I could not be bothered with any of them. I'm considering going, leaving each night before the headliners and back at the Maple Leaf or down Frenchman's to see local music.

And weekend two has Samantha Fish!! Really great lady.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-25 09:17 by bobo.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 25, 2021 15:41

Lots of non-Jazz people there....

Date: June 26, 2021 04:26

VoodooLounge13

You're just one of another of millions that takes the context of the name and runs with it not being jazz artists. There are jazz artists at Jazz Fest. I've seen them. The thing is, someone like you that complains about the name of the festival probably won't seek out jazz music. Since you're sticking to a rigid idea of what jazz music is then you clearly don't get it so stay away.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 26, 2021 05:18

And then there is the dreaded Dixieland "Jazz".

Whole lotta fish in the sea.

jb

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 26, 2021 05:45

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

You're just one of another of millions that takes the context of the name and runs with it not being jazz artists. There are jazz artists at Jazz Fest. I've seen them. The thing is, someone like you that complains about the name of the festival probably won't seek out jazz music. Since you're sticking to a rigid idea of what jazz music is then you clearly don't get it so stay away.

Damn dude I was just stating the obvious. I’m well aware of what jazz is thanks to Charlie, Norah, and Diana Krall. Just saying non-jazz artists are headlining. Wow. Take a chill pill.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 26, 2021 18:11

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Damn dude I was just stating the obvious. I’m well aware of what jazz is thanks to Charlie, Norah, and Diana Krall. Just saying non-jazz artists are headlining. Wow. Take a chill pill.

Its the Jazz & "CULTURE" fest.
Its all good. thumbs up

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 26, 2021 18:47

VoodooLounge13

Like Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in SF. Robert Plant, Bonnie Raitt, Michael Franti, Hot Tuna, Conor Oberst, First Aid Kit, Jackson Browne and the Malawi Mouse Boys sure not bluegrass but still lots of bluegrass.

Solid lineup but not enough to travel for this year. Hoping to catch at some point.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 26, 2021 19:23

I’ve attended a couple of Jazzfests (2017 & 2019) and would say if you’re going for the headliners, you are missing the point. Much of the best action happens on the smaller stages or in the Gospel, Blues and Jazz tents. Headliners, playing a shorter festival set on the big stages can be hit or miss.

There are also lots of nationally touring and local acts playing at night. The festival grounds close down around 8 pm. It’s a workout to do a whole day at the festival and then go out at night, especially as temperatures rise into the second weekend.

Everything is pricier in New Orleans during Jazzfest, including rooms and entrance fees at the clubs. Many locals have told me to check out the French Quarter Festival, traditionally held in the Spring, about a month before Jazzfest, which features most of the local and regional acts you’ll see at Jazzfest, many of the same food vendors, isn’t as overrun with tourists, is not as hot a time of year, and is free.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 26, 2021 19:52

Other than an increasingly unlikely Stones or Who, there’s no one left to headline these festivals with the exception of the tired Red Hot Chili Peppers. Three decades of musical “arteests” rejecting their own legacy has brought us to this drought.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 26, 2021 20:27

bobo
buffalo7478

And weekend two has Samantha Fish!! Really great lady.

Damn! Those are the ones my old ass would want to see..... LOL

Date: June 26, 2021 22:19

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

You should have been there some 30 years ago. Then it was a Jazz Festival only.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 26, 2021 23:21

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Lol, good one VL, Gaslight does get carried away at times.

Date: June 27, 2021 03:22

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Maybe think a bit more than just spout something ignorant like that before being "offended". YAWN.

Stating the "obvious"? There is no OBVIOUS except for what's in the name of the festival. Plus it's ignorant. People that say those comments ARE NOT the ones that would go.

Date: June 27, 2021 03:23

rbk
Other than an increasingly unlikely Stones or Who, there’s no one left to headline these festivals with the exception of the tired Red Hot Chili Peppers. Three decades of musical “arteests” rejecting their own legacy has brought us to this drought.

That is brilliantly ignorant.

Date: June 27, 2021 03:31

RSbestbandever
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Lol, good one VL, Gaslight does get carried away at times.

I do.

Living in SE LA and seeing (and hearing) those kind of bullshit ignorant comments sometimes gets to me.

So be it. I have no ill will etc towards VoodooLounge13. Just... tired of those kind of bullshit comments. A few years back it became "The New Orleans Jazz Fest And Heritage Festival Sponsored By Shell."

That's great - one of many of the oil companies that are responsible, FLAT OUT, for the destruction of our wetlands, coast and barrier islands. And not just Louisiana.

Sorry, VoodooLounge13. I obviously get pissed off. It always comes back around to, "it doesn't matter", because these things (NOLAJF) happen and blah blah blah then it's the next day and the next month and so on and it's all just about a good time and... the problem is there's always a sucker punch with SE LA involved from people who visit... and then say backhanded comments. Obviously I can't say that about you visiting here, I have no idea, but it's that you basically represented that so... there you go.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 27, 2021 16:59

Great line up and hope it all goes ahead in October.

I'm going to a gig on Thursday at The Cavern Pub , Raynes Park S.W. London, featuring a pal of mine,Peter Bruntnell, and James Walbourne (The Pretenders and Ray Davies), also in the band lineup.

Really looking forward to it. thumbs up

I am an optimist, and feel confident that life will be a lot better for most of us by the time Jazz Fest 2021 is on. smileys with beer

Date: June 28, 2021 03:49

I will attempt to go. More than once.

Of course, the idea of getting carjacked etc. It's WAY more possible than when I lived in New Orleans - and that's when it was the murder capital of the world. But I do know where to go.

Date: June 28, 2021 17:47

GasLightStreet
rbk

Hardly. Look at the NOJF line up and tell me how I'm wrong.

Date: June 28, 2021 19:13

rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk

Because anyone can make up fake news opinions, like LeonidP saying 80-90% of NFL teams tested positive for COVID, and then say something sucks.

Which is what you did.

Based on what you're complaining about, with your fake opinion, you're not going, so why continue to cry about something you're ignorant about to begin with?

Date: June 28, 2021 19:18

GasLightStreet
rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk

Because anyone can make up fake news opinions, like LeonidP saying 80-90% of NFL teams tested positive for COVID, and then say something sucks.

Which is what you did.

Based on what you're complaining about, with your fake opinion, you're not going, so why continue to cry about something you're ignorant about to begin with?

Your response neither answers my question or proves my ignorance. BTW, how can an opinion be "fake" when it's an opinion?

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 28, 2021 19:43

GasLightStreet
rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk

Which is what you did.

That works both ways.

Date: June 28, 2021 19:56

Rocktiludrop
GasLightStreet
rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk

Which is what you did.

That works both ways.

Opinions can be wrong. No good headliners left, 80-90% of NFL teams tested positive for COVID.

Fake news opinions and factual opinions are not the same.

Date: June 28, 2021 19:57

rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk

Which is what you did.

Your response neither answers my question or proves my ignorance. BTW, how can an opinion be "fake" when it's an opinion?

Oh indeed it does both.

Date: June 28, 2021 22:20

GasLightStreet
rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk

Which is what you did.

Oh indeed it does both.

No it doesn't and saying it does doesn't make it so. Your screen name is at least accurate. So, how can an opinion be "fake" when it's an opinion? You know, like your opinion.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 28, 2021 22:49

rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk

Which is what you did.

Oh indeed it does both.

No it doesn't and saying it does doesn't make it so. Your screen name is at least accurate. So, how can an opinion be "fake" when it's an opinion? You know, like your opinion.

An opinion may not be "fake" but it may be idiotic. There are quite a few artists worthy of headlining festivals. There are also lots of artists headlining that are not worthy.

The Jazzfest lineup is solid and if it were a different time I would attend.

Date: June 29, 2021 21:54

rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk
GasLightStreet
rbk

Which is what you did.

Oh indeed it does both.

It's from a lyric, not the movie, and it has nothing to do with that.

A fake, or wrong, opinion - two plus two is nine. That is no different than saying 'there are no more headline worthy acts'. Sure, as you eloquently stated, it's an opinion.

It's not based in facts.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1343
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home