Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Sticky Fingers Restaurant Closed
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 20, 2021 05:53

Did someone already do a thread on this? It appears Bill Wyman's restaurant is closed forever. Bummer. I had planned a vacation before Covid of going there when in London. Has anyone been by? Is all that great memorabilia gone? Guess the Stick Fingers T-shirt someone brought me will be a collectors item now.

Re: Sticky Fingers Restaurant Closed
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: June 20, 2021 06:05

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 20, 2021 06:58

StonedAsiaExile
[www.stickyfingers.co.uk]

Yep

if you read what pops up, it says it is only a temporary closure.

plexi

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 20, 2021 07:00

timbernardis
StonedAsiaExile

Yep

plexi

It say Permanently at first. You click on that and I didn't find anything else.

Date: June 20, 2021 07:03

24FPS
timbernardis
StonedAsiaExile

Yep

plexi

It say Permanently at first. You click on that and I didn't find anything else.

There is a message to the public thanking them for their patronage and which also says the closure is temporary.

plexi

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 20, 2021 07:51

when i was there in 2007 the bartender told me Mr Wyman had divested himself of the place but still popped in occasionally to say hello and/or play with Rhythm Kings or others.

It was doing a brisk mid day business and most of the patrons didn't look like tourists. Didn't try the food other than some chips but the bartender poured some strong drinks. Weren't too overpriced either considering the location and connection. I think he gave me an ink pen too. It was a fun couple hours.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 20, 2021 08:10

CLOSED !!!! .... Why man ?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 20, 2021 12:00

"One of the West End’s oldest nightclubs, Café de Paris, announced 21-Dec-2020 that it was now permanently closed after 'the devastating effect of Covid-19 in the end was too much'. The news came as the cabaret venue’s parent company, Maxwell’s Restaurant Group, announced it was going into liquidation; 400 jobs are thought to have been lost as a result. Maxwell’s owns nine venues across London, including the Tropicana Beach Club, Bill Wyman’s Sticky Fingers, popular Soho spot the Old Compton Brasserie, as well as the Palm Court and Boulevard brasseries." -- [www.Standard.co.uk] , [www.BigHospitality.co.uk] .

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 20, 2021 12:00

No doubt initially it was a temporary closure which has turned out to be permanent due to the ongoing restrictions.Even though restaurants are open again here most are still losing money and many many more will close permanently.

Nate

Date: June 20, 2021 12:40

From "Click below for more information" - MORE INFO:

Updated:

[www.StickyFingers.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-26 19:00 by Irix.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 20, 2021 13:42

I am reliably informed that it is being dealt with.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 20, 2021 13:43

Permanently closed according to Google and Opentable, too. I guess they just didn't update the text on that pop-up.

Date: June 20, 2021 13:55

24FPS

Has anyone been by?

Google in October 2020 with his StreetView-Cars:

Google StreetView

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 20, 2021 14:12

SFR was basically a burger restaurant. The bonus was the Stones merchandise on the walls, even in the washrooms/toilets. Also the many fans and friends you could meet in SFR during Stones related shows and tours in London at the time of course. I haven't been there in ages, there is absolutely nothing I can eat there. I think Bill Wyman sold the place some years ago. Don't know if the new owners lease the merchandise, or if it was sold too.

Bjornulf

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: June 20, 2021 14:32

Even worse, the Nellcote restaurant in Chicago is permanently closed too.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 20, 2021 15:25

When I saw a lot of the memorabilia from it at Bill's auction, I thought perhaps it wouldn't be long.

They couldn't have been nicer when I visited in '18. Showed up a bit early as they were setting up some outdoor seating, and they invited me in to wander around before opening.
Was great to have the place to myself for a half hour or so to ogle all the memorabilia, etc. The burger I had for lunch was average, at best, but a very cool restaurant.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 20, 2021 15:38

Sticky Fingers Restaurant, 1A Phillimore Gardens London W8 7QB - just off Kensington High Street.

It was a great place to meet people - fans and friends - for many years. I will still remember the address and place, like one of the many Stones related locations in London.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 20, 2021 16:30

Whoops, sorry, a bit drunk.

Just a bump in the road smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-20 16:33 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 20, 2021 17:06

Visited in '14. Decent burgers, but the atmosphere really played into it.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 20, 2021 19:04

He had one in Cambridge too.

Date: June 20, 2021 20:33

A few of us ate there during the Stones shows in London in May 2018. I think it was on the same night as the Chris Jagger's gig in the nearby Ealing Club.

I think we were told that Wyman had gotten out of the operation, but had then gotten back in.

I walked out with a menu and one of the staff came out and got it back from me. So I waited around inside for a few minutes until all staff backs were turned, then I walked out and this time was successful.

plexi

Posted by: masoudi ()
Date: June 20, 2021 23:27

I still have the leather jacket, menu and a few other things. I went a couple of times to London and another one that was in Manchester? I recall it was much nicer than the London was this was in the early/mid 90s. Very happy with the jacket.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 20, 2021 23:49

I stopped by during a quick stop in London to meet friends on my way home to the U.S. from India. I was craving beef and their hamburgers hit the spot!

Date: June 21, 2021 00:16

Went there in 2018 but was unable to
order cause someone had stolen all the menus ......

HHhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 21, 2021 00:57

grinning smiley

I witnessed that Plexi menu incident - it was truly a sight to behold spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The memorabilia aspect of the restaurant took a nosedive when Bill sold up and the food was pretty bog standard and nothing to write home about. But it was still always a good place for fan meet-ups.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 21, 2021 01:03

Rockman

Now don't complain - at least you didn't get a pint of beer spilled over you hehe winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2021 04:16

Rockman

Sounds like someone had a case of...'sticky fingers'.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: June 21, 2021 04:23

bv
SFR was basically a burger restaurant. The bonus was the Stones merchandise on the walls, even in the washrooms/toilets. Also the many fans and friends you could meet in SFR during Stones related shows and tours in London at the time of course. I haven't been there in ages, there is absolutely nothing I can eat there. I think Bill Wyman sold the place some years ago. Don't know if the new owners lease the merchandise, or if it was sold too.

True. The times I was there I was never impressed with the food. No different from a Hard Rock or Chilis or whatever.

The fun part was all the memorabilia!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 05:54

I was there when I went to London to see the Stones at the ABB tour. I begged and begged and pleaded with our waitress about a menu and she said how they could t let patrons take them because they’d have none left, but after continued persistence she did relent to let me take one and I’d love nothing more than to have all versions of Sticky Fingets framed and hanging on my wall - the Spanish, the Russian (which I just got on CD), the original, the menu, and the live at the Fonda.

Date: June 21, 2021 09:33

Now don't complain - at least you didn't get a pint of beer spilled over you hehe

I thought he was some kinda man of the cloth
and he'd decided to perform a second baptism on me .... HHHHaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home