Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 17
Re: OT: The 2020 UEFA European Football Championship
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: July 4, 2021 01:47

ironbelly
Rocktiludrop
ironbelly
Hope Sir Mick Jagger will finally show up at Wembley Stadium winking smiley

eye rolling smiley
I am Ukrainian, you know winking smiley

Yeah i guessed you wasn't English hehe winking smiley

Sorry for your loss though, it was anyone's game in the first half and I couldn't believe how clean Ukraine played even when they were down. Respect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-04 01:50 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 4, 2021 02:01

I'm fairly sure Mick, with at least one of his sons will be at the semi final with Denmark and probably Matt Clifford............... and maybe even Charlie if he feels like going back to his home town for a while.

Come on England. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 4, 2021 02:01

Rocktiludrop
ironbelly
Rocktiludrop
ironbelly
Hope Sir Mick Jagger will finally show up at Wembley Stadium winking smiley

eye rolling smiley
I am Ukrainian, you know winking smiley

Yeah i guessed you wasn't English hehe winking smiley

Sorry for your loss though, it was anyone's game in the first half and I couldn't believe how clean Ukraine played even when they were down. Respect.

Technically, from statistical point that was not the worst game of Ukrainian team.
Ukraine vs England
Possession 48% vs 52%
Shots 7 vs 10
On target 2 vs 6
Pass percentage 89% vs 91%
The thing is that Ukrainians did not shot on target, while England got 4 goals on 6 shots. Let's call it professionalism (or luck) winking smiley.

In any case they better deliver on the final stage. And do not forget that wifes of Ukrainian players were waiting 2 weeks for the vacations in exotic resorts winking smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-04 02:02 by ironbelly.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 4, 2021 10:36

crawdaddy
I'm fairly sure Mick, with at least one of his sons will be at the semi final with Denmark and probably Matt Clifford............... and maybe even Charlie if he feels like going back to his home town for a while.

Come on England. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Yes. I am expecting to see Mick at one of the coming two games England will play! After all it is Wembley Stadium, even if it is not really the same Wembley Stadium they played 12 times. And yes, even if I love Denmark, my heart is with England here, that is why I hope they will make it all the way.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Paris75014 ()
Date: July 4, 2021 11:49

Now I'm expecting England to win the competition.
So many good clubs, now it's time to get the European champion title as a national tean.
It's now or never !

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: July 4, 2021 12:10

Paris75014
So many good clubs, now it's time to get the European champion title as a national tean.
It's now or never !

You can expect that England win the competition. But I hope that Italy wins the competition. I was in Wembley Stadium on Tuesday.It was a shame for England that they have such idiots as fans. I expect respect if the national anthem of the opponent will be played.They could only call the Germans as Nazis etc. etc. The British media were unhappy that English couldn't travel to Rome to support their team. You will not read a word that foreign fans cannot attend the games in Wembley. Is this fair?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 4, 2021 15:45

well, I guess the biggest winner will be some well known virus which is ignored by the UEFA.
The tournament shows that social distancing rules are not/cannot be enforeced at mass events. I guess/fear authorities will remember this when they have to decide on concerts with mass audiences. Thus I don't think we'll see the Stones any time soon (at least not in Europe or the UK)

Date: July 4, 2021 16:53

Are there any rules, like vaccine pass or negative test, required, in order to be part of the crowd inside Wembley stadium, for the games this summer?

Bjornulf

Date: July 4, 2021 17:19

According to the late Johan Cruijff "the Italians cannot beat another country, but you can lose to them". The English team has been warned in advance.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 4, 2021 17:50

bv
Are there any rules, like vaccine pass or negative test, required, in order to be part of the crowd inside Wembley stadium, for the games this summer?

Yes negative test is required for entry and they probably are doing random checks but I know several people who have been to some of the games at Wembley and nothing was checked apart from the ticket.

In January here in the U.K. we had 100,000 people in hospital with Covid-19 and it was a terrible situation but now we have less than 1500 people in hospital with Covid-19 and there is no crisis here anymore.Cases are rising and there has been an increase in hospital admissions but nothing like the numbers we had at the beginning of the year and those numbers won’t be seen here again now with these new infections because they are mostly younger people who don’t become seriously sick.

Covid-19 is here to stay but it’s no longer a threat to the capabilities of the national health service here in the U.K. It is now time to drop all restrictions here in the U.K. and enjoy all the things that were taken away from the people.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-04 17:51 by Nate.

Date: July 4, 2021 18:39

bv

at the matches in Germany/Munich social distancing as well as wearing masks was required.
During the TV broadcast from Seville/Spain you could hear announcements considering social distancing etc.

As we all have seen a lot of people just didn't give a sh*t.

I guess it will be the same at concerts

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: July 4, 2021 18:53

slewan
at the matches in Germany/Munich social distancing as well as wearing masks was required.
During the TV broadcast from Seville/Spain you could hear announcements considering social distancing etc.

Therefore I am absolutely sure that the virus will be the real winner this year, letting us all run into a fourth wave. Thank you very much, football fans!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-04 18:54 by Ruediger.

Date: July 4, 2021 19:52

Ruediger
slewan

Therefore I am absolutely sure that the virus will be the real winner this year, letting us all run into a fourth wave. Thank you very much, football fans!

Exactly my words (see above). It's basically UEFA's fault – it was them who forced the countries that host the game to allow a hell lof of fans into the stadiums

Date: July 4, 2021 20:06

I have seen lots of free space at stadiums like in Munich, Sevilla, Rome and Wembley/London. Then I have seen the completely packed stadium in Budapest. This championship is for sure a major human test in virus handling. While UK have got a great vaccine percentage, it is not the same high percentage all over Europe.

Bjornulf

Date: July 4, 2021 20:57

bv
I have seen lots of free space at stadiums like in Munich, Sevilla, Rome and Wembley/London. Then I have seen the completely packed stadium in Budapest. This championship is for sure a major human test in virus handling. While UK have got a great vaccine percentage, it is not the same high percentage all over Europe.

Well, there was a lot of free space in Munich, Sevilla, Rome etc. But take a look what happens if someone scores a goal.
We all gonna see Wembley packed with 60.000 people (that's what UEFA requires for the final)

Date: July 4, 2021 21:20

Mirko
Paris75014
It's now or never !

You can expect that England win the competition. But I hope that Italy wins the competition. I was in Wembley Stadium on Tuesday.It was a shame for England that they have such idiots as fans. I expect respect if the national anthem of the opponent will be played.They could only call the Germans as Nazis etc. etc. The British media were unhappy that English couldn't travel to Rome to support their team. You will not read a word that foreign fans cannot attend the games in Wembley. Is this fair?
no this is not fair I admit it.
I didn't know what happened tuesday in Wembley and it's very sad.
Some British fans are a bit moronic.
I remember the way some Chelsea fans behaved when they came to Paris a few years ago.
They were in the tube and pushed a black man out of the wagon and shouted "we are racist and we like it"...
I said to one of them "no you've the wrong lyrics...it's only rock'n'roll but I like it !" he answered gently to me :"f..k off"

when I wrote that I'm expecting England to win the competition..it doesn't mean that I absolutely want them to win...I just think that they're on a winning path. Furthermore, they are lucky enough to play home.

Date: July 4, 2021 22:26

If the fans at the venues are all vaccinated fully, or tested negative, then I would not worry much about having a bit of celebration at a stadium, outdoor. I would be more worried about thousand or so indoor watching the games in a football pub or sports bar, without distance, without masks or distance. We are more than a year into the pandemic.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-05 22:08 by bv.

Date: July 4, 2021 22:30

bv
If the fans at the venues are all vaccinated fully, or tested positive, then I would not worry much about having a bit of celebration at a stadium, outdoor. I would be more worried about thousand or so indoor watching the games in a football pub or sports bar, without distance, without masks or distance. We are more than a year into the pandemic.

I'm sure you mean "tested negative"…

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 5, 2021 21:13

slewan
bv
If the fans at the venues are all vaccinated fully, or tested positive, then I would not worry much about having a bit of celebration at a stadium, outdoor. I would be more worried about thousand or so indoor watching the games in a football pub or sports bar, without distance, without masks or distance. We are more than a year into the pandemic.

I'm sure you mean "tested negative"…

Even if "tested negative" and being vaccinated they should keep the social distance and the mask!
I love football but I can't believe what I'm seeing in the tribunes.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 6, 2021 00:38

Apparently it was Platini who came up with the idea with multiple hosts. I don't know if he's still in the UEFA. Maybe he was sacked together with Mr Blatter? As I understand it they were both on the take.
Imagine the idea of the World Cup in Qatar. Which will take place in December 2022. Mr Blatter's last contribution to world football.How much bribery was involved there?

Anyway, four teams left in the championship. Of which only one has never won it - England. I guess all is set for England now. All their games on Wembley. They never had a better chance.
I will root for Denmark of course. Remember Danelagen (Danelaw) and Cnut the Great!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 6, 2021 11:46

Italy-Spain 2-1. I hope. This will be so much fun! smiling smiley

Date: July 6, 2021 13:01

Bjorn

exactly my prediction. To be followed by Italy-England 2:0

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 6, 2021 15:53

slewan
Bjorn

Yes!!! winking smiley

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 6, 2021 17:18

Looking forward to tonight’s game - from what I’ve seen so far I’m going Italy 3-1

Date: July 6, 2021 17:38

slewan
Bjorn

my prediction is extra time and Italy win on penalties.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 6, 2021 19:11

I think Italy will win 3-2 and may go into extra time at 2-2.

Even though I have a soft spot for Denmark, I really hope England will win maybe 4-2. smileys with beer

Date: July 6, 2021 21:53

Okay, I'll go against the populist vote then. Spain wins. Immobile sent off after yet another faked injury. Denmark and Spain in the final. Kane misses a penalty.

Date: July 6, 2021 21:58

I put my money on Italy. May the best win.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 7, 2021 01:19

Paris75014
slewan
Bjorn

my prediction is extra time and Italy win on penalties.

...congrats...

Date: July 7, 2021 01:42

I was wrong, congrats to Italy. Tomorrow we will watch Holger Danske giving John Bull a lesson in football. It should be a walk in the park...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home