Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17
Re: OT: The 2020 UEFA European Football Championship
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 30, 2021 01:42

Great result for England, and they now face Ukraine in Rome on Saturday in a quarter final.

I could hear the cheers from Epsom town centre,(where I live), where the pubs with outside gardens or plenty of room indoors, had a great day.

I was hoping that Sweden would beat Ukraine but it wasn't to be.

To be honest, I thought Sweden would be a harder team to beat if they got to meet England.

I know England have played all their games at Wembley till now, but another match like they played today will get them through to the semi-final....................at Wembley again, and then the Euro Final at the same venue on Sunday July 11th.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mick was at the game,unless he is still in France, although only celebs I saw on TV were Ed Sheeran and David Beckham.

Really looking forward to the quarter finals where the going gets tough, and the tough get going. smileys with beer

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 30, 2021 01:46

crawdaddy
I wouldn't be surprised if Mick was at the game,unless he is still in France, although only celebs I saw on TV were Ed Sheeran and David Beckham.

"I went to see England, but England lost"

Posted by: Paris75014 ()
Date: June 30, 2021 08:15

FrogSugar
Paris75014
I'm happy that England pushed the Germans out !
Congratulations England !

Awesome username! If you see a long-haired dude on a skateboard on rues Losserand or Gergovie, that's likely me!
Hi compatriot,

When you go to London, I suppose people call you the "Frog in the Fog" don't they ?!smileys with beer

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 30, 2021 11:22

Yes, Sweden is out. Sad but true. But I still have Denmark and Italy, that I love to follow! I will dress in red and white, and add a green hat now and then...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 30, 2021 17:48

Except for Emil Forsberg (4 goals) the Swedish midfield was very weak and far too defensive. I mean players who never scores, can't make opening passes or do anything creative at all.
Ekdal, Olsson and Larsson. 230 caps and 10 goals together (all on Larsson). I understand the need for one defensive midfielder, maybe two but certainly not three...

Date: June 30, 2021 18:03

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: June 30, 2021 21:18

Paris75014
FrogSugar
Paris75014
I'm happy that England pushed the Germans out !
Congratulations England !

Awesome username! If you see a long-haired dude on a skateboard on rues Losserand or Gergovie, that's likely me!
Hi compatriot,

When you go to London, I suppose people call you the "Frog in the Fog" don't they ?!smileys with beer

Héhé, nope, I speak English with an American accent, no one there knows I'm also French :-)
Cheers, mon ami!

Date: June 30, 2021 21:42

Stoneage
Except for Emil Forsberg (4 goals) the Swedish midfield was very weak and far too defensive. I mean players who never scores, can't make opening passes or do anything creative at all.
Ekdal, Olsson and Larsson. 230 caps and 10 goals together (all on Larsson). I understand the need for one defensive midfielder, maybe two but certainly not three...

They needed Zlatan God

Date: June 30, 2021 22:30

NilsHolgersson
Stoneage

They needed Zlatan God

Maybe, Nils. But what I was asking for was one more creative midfielder. Who can make a cross passing and score a goal from time to time. I'm not a big fan of Janne Andersson's game plan.
He hasn't failed though. He won't be sacked like your coach. 9-16th place is probably where the Swedish team is at in Europe.

Date: July 1, 2021 23:34

Stoneage
NilsHolgersson
Stoneage

They needed Zlatan God

Maybe, Nils. But what I was asking for was one more creative midfielder. Who can make a cross passing and score a goal from time to time. I'm not a big fan of Janne Andersson's game plan.
He hasn't failed though. He won't be sacked like your coach. 9-16th place is probably where the Swedish team is at in Europe.

But reaching the round of 16 with Sweden and almost reaching the quarter-finals is not really failing. De Boer failed as a national coach, and actually also as a club coach. He won some titles with Ajax, but that's not that hard, he had a good squad. After that he failed at Inter Milan and was sacked after only 85 days. Then he went to Crystal Palace but was sacked after only 450 minutes of game time, José Mourinho said he was the worst manager in the history of the Premier League. Im hoping for a new coach that can actually make something of this team and qualify for Qatar 2022.. but who knows..

Date: July 2, 2021 00:06

Sure. Good luck with your new coach. I hope he does better. The thing with our team is that everything looked good before the Ukraine game. The best seeding we could possibly hope for.
We had picked up our game and for once we were not the underdog. Defeat was not an option. And look what happened...

Date: July 2, 2021 00:28

Tough, as always, to make prediction this time. Belgium without De Bruyne isn't the same team. And Spain can be very ineffective, controlling the ball, playing sideways.
Anyone who dares making predictions for tomorrow? The games are: 18:00, Spain-Switzerland and 21:00 Belgium-Italy.

Date: July 2, 2021 01:20

I think Spain wins, and Belgium. Can Switzerland really pull another stunt? No, I don't think so, they've given everything to beat France. And I think Belgium wins because they've got Lukaku, the Italians can't hold him.

Date: July 2, 2021 12:07

Hello Gentlemen,

here are my weak predictions

Spain - Switzerland : 2-1

Italy - Belgium : extra time and Italy win on penalties.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 2, 2021 12:20

By the way: mathes with thousands of fans were nice spreader events. Corona is a big football fan...

Date: July 2, 2021 13:41

Switzerland-Spain 0-3

Belgium-Italy 1-3

My humble predictions. Let the good times roll and the best team win. winking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 2, 2021 17:02

Spain 33 Switzerland 0
Belgium 1 Italy 4

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 2, 2021 17:19

2-1 Spain to win
1-0 Italians to win in extra time
I’m not moving far from my sofa and have national beers ready to go San Miguel, moretti and straffe Hendrick (sadly no Swiss beer in the fridge)
Enjoy!

Date: July 2, 2021 17:55

9 out of 10 matches Spain would win over Switzerland.

Date: July 2, 2021 18:22

yorkshirestone
2-1 Spain to win
I’m not moving far from my sofa and have national beers ready to go San Miguel, moretti and straffe Hendrick (sadly no Swiss beer in the fridge)
Enjoy!
Did you ever taste the Tripel Karmeliet or the Affligem Blond ?
impossible to find in my small town
it's worth it !!

Date: July 2, 2021 18:22

9 out of 10 matches France would win over Switzerland!

Date: July 2, 2021 18:46

Paris75014
yorkshirestone
2-1 Spain to win
Enjoy!
Did you ever taste the Tripel Karmeliet or the Affligem Blond ?
impossible to find in my small town
it's worth it !!

I’ve had the karamelit it’s a beautiful thing :-)

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 2, 2021 19:38

This is by far the worst euro cup I’ve seen, from a technical point of view!

Abysmal ….

C

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 2, 2021 20:55

Nice fight from Switzerland vs Spain, extra Time will be tough with 1 player missing .

HMN

Date: July 2, 2021 21:52

Sone shockingly bad spot kicks there

Date: July 2, 2021 23:58

Belgium-Italy woke me up again! Congratulations - well played Italy!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 3, 2021 00:15

Pity Belgium lost.......they have a great team to win.....but Italy was a better this time

Date: July 3, 2021 01:27

Some horrible penalty kicks in the first game (Spa-Swiz). If you aim for the top left or right corner the goalie can't save the ball. Still most go for low, poorly aimed, penalties.
Earning a mill, or more, a year you would think a professional player should do it better. But, no. Anyway, the second game was better. Congrats to Italy and Spain.
Tomorrow: Czechia-Denmark in Baku followed by Ukraine-England in Rome.

Date: July 3, 2021 01:31

Belgium-Italy was a fabulous game of football - enjoyed every minute. Harsh on the Belgians to go home they’re a good team) but Italians playing extremely well - I was confident they’d hold on to the lead, centre halves a bit old but nothing hit past them
Hope England can progress tomorrow

Date: July 3, 2021 01:58

Ciro Immobile receives this year's fake Oscar for faking an injury, laying down in the penalty box looking dead and then, when Italy scores, up on his feet running around like nothing happened.
Congrats Ciro! Faked injury of the year.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home