Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 17
Re: OT: The 2020 UEFA European Football Championship
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 21, 2021 14:58

Bet against Germany at your peril! So typical for them to play a few off matches before the tournament and then even lose their opening game.

We saw the real Germany team against Portugal - a team with one of the meanest defences in the world - and they put 4 past them.

If England finish top of their group, and Germany finish behind France in 2nd place, they will play each other. That will be one hell of a game.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 21, 2021 15:01

Scotland’s Billy Gilmour has tested positive for Covid-19 and will now miss the game with Croatia on Tuesday, it has been confirmed.

Chelsea midfielder Gilmour, who was outstanding in his first international start in the draw with England on Friday night, must now isolate for 10 days.

It means he is out of the final game of Group D at Hampden Park, a match Scotland need a positive result in to qualify for the knockout phase.

Billy Gilmour: Scotland midfielder tests positive for Covid and will miss Croatia Euro 2020 game

Bjornulf

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 21, 2021 15:02

Netherlands already won their group so I don't care about the result tonight, I hope Pandev scores a goal, it's his final game for Macedonia

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 15:10

bv
Scotland’s Billy Gilmour has tested positive for Covid-19 and will now miss the game with Croatia on Tuesday, it has been confirmed.

Chelsea midfielder Gilmour, who was outstanding in his first international start in the draw with England on Friday night, must now isolate for 10 days.

It means he is out of the final game of Group D at Hampden Park, a match Scotland need a positive result in to qualify for the knockout phase.

Billy Gilmour: Scotland midfielder tests positive for Covid and will miss Croatia Euro 2020 game

I've just read about this. A massive blow for Scotland after he won the man of the match award v England. We really are up against it now for the must win game v Croatia at Hampden tomorrow night sad smiley I'm gutted. That's what I love about Scotland - we're very good at finding new ways of screwing up. If we win tomorrow night, you can be sure we'll go out on goal difference or something. We've done that 4 times!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 15:18 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 21, 2021 16:25

Yes! A huge setback Billy Gilmour not being in the Scotland team against Croatia.

No ifs or buts.........they have to win against Croatia, and I think they will do it. thumbs up

Denmark have to beat Russia tonight and I'm really hoping they will do it as well. thumbs up

Both Denmark and Scotland are playing at home, which of course can be a big advantage with a cheering crowd.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 16:31 by crawdaddy.

Date: June 21, 2021 16:43

crawdaddy
Yes! A huge setback Billy Gilmour not being in the Scotland team against Croatia.

No ifs or buts.........they have to win against Croatia, and I think they will do it. thumbs up

Denmark have to beat Russia tonight and I'm really hoping they will do it as well. thumbs up

Both Denmark and Scotland are playing at home, which of course can be a big advantage with a cheering crowd.

Only 1 Team haven’t scored a goal yet. Guess who sad smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 21, 2021 18:46

bv

The whole team will be isolating away from the tournament after tomorrow >grinning smiley<

Nate

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 21, 2021 19:14

About the "group of death", F. How did France, Germany and Portugal end up in the same group? I mean, the reigning champion and, perhaps, the two best football nations in the world.
The other groups aren't that challenging.

Date: June 21, 2021 19:51

The level of the Dutch team is an absolute disgrace at this point.confused smiley

Date: June 21, 2021 20:10

Nate
bv

The whole team will be isolating away from the tournament after tomorrow >grinning smiley<

Nate

Don’t laugh too soon. Gilmour’s Chelsea Team Mates Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell are now isolating and won’t be available for England tomorrow night. Just announced.

Date: June 21, 2021 20:12

...but the referee is on their side. North Macedonia got one goal, doubtfully, disallowed and Holland had one goal allowed which shouldn't have been allowed. Poor North Macedonians...

Date: June 21, 2021 20:20

Stoneage
...but the referee is on their side. North Macedonia got one goal, doubtfully, disallowed and Holland had one goal allowed which shouldn't have been allowed. Poor North Macedonians...

They get away with it against North Macedonia.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 21, 2021 20:27

grzegorz67
Nate
bv

Nate

Don’t laugh too soon. Gilmour’s Chelsea Team Mates Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell are now isolating and won’t be available for England tomorrow night. Just announced.

There’s more chance of Mick Jagger announcing free concert tickets for everyone for all stones shows than England have of winning a football tournament grinning smiley
I think Italy have a great chance of success.

Nate

Date: June 21, 2021 20:47

Nate
grzegorz67
Nate
bv

Nate

There’s more chance of Mick Jagger announcing free concert tickets for everyone for all stones shows than England have of winning a football tournament grinning smiley
I think Italy have a great chance of success.

Nate

Fair comment. The best British performers so far have been Wales by a country mile.

Italy’s failure to qualify for the 2018 World Cup seems to have done them good. They are now resurgent, playing attractive football and strong candidates to win it alongside France and Belgium. Netherlands and Germany are decent outside bets.

England’s problem is the press bumming them up to be World Beaters after a scrappy 1-0 win and work their fans up into a frenzy, only for it all to go t!ts up. They have some very good individual players who don’t gel ad a team. In reality, they’re probably not even the best team in the UK.

Date: June 21, 2021 21:56

About qualifying as third team in a group: 4 points will probably make it. 3 points and you're out on a limb...

Date: June 21, 2021 22:06

Grzegorz67
Italy’s failure to qualify for the 2018 World Cup seems to have done them good. They are now resurgent, playing attractive football and strong candidates to win it alongside France and Belgium.

Thanks to Sweden. We kicked them out in the qualification round. I wonder if they ever will forgive us?

Date: June 21, 2021 22:44

The footballs: It's like night and day. They are much better today than the old, hard, leather stitched ones I used to play with. Perfectly round, lighter and rubber foamed.
A dream for a goal scorer. Even from far outside the penalty box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 22:47 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 21, 2021 23:45

Denmark! Goosebumps!!! winking smiley

Date: June 21, 2021 23:58

Yep, congrats Denmark! What a game. Denmark and Belgium through to the last 16 round. Finland has to wait and see. Russia out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-22 22:10 by Stoneage.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 22, 2021 01:02

Great night for Denmark and Belgium, and both teams really deserve to get through to the next round. smileys with beer

Date: June 22, 2021 01:04

Stoneage
Grzegorz67
Italy’s failure to qualify for the 2018 World Cup seems to have done them good. They are now resurgent, playing attractive football and strong candidates to win it alongside France and Belgium.

Thanks to Sweden. We kicked them out in the qualification round. I wonder if they ever will forgive us?

They should be thanking you. It forced them to hit the reset button and a few short years later, they’re playing attractive, winning football. 3 wins, 7 goals scored and none conceded. They’re strong candidates to win it.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 22, 2021 01:12

TheflyingDutchman
The level of the Dutch team is an absolute disgrace at this point.confused smiley

?why?

EURO 2016 they didn't qualify, EURO 2012 they lost every single match, now the opponents aren't that good but at least they're winning.. most players are not world class but they've got some quality in the defence imho

Date: June 22, 2021 10:19

Stoneage
About qualifying as third team in a group: 4 points will probably make it. 3 points and you're out on a limb...

Norway has participated in the euro- or world championships four times.

Twice (1994 and 2000), they got four points - just as many as the three other teams in their group. It wasn't enough. Same goal difference, but less scored goals...

However, it looks like four points will be sufficent to advance this time smiling smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 22, 2021 10:40

Silver Dagger
Bet against Germany at your peril! So typical for them to play a few off matches before the tournament and then even lose their opening game.

We saw the real Germany team against Portugal - a team with one of the meanest defences in the world - and they put 4 past them.

If England finish top of their group, and Germany finish behind France in 2nd place, they will play each other. That will be one hell of a game.

Unfortunately, the German team took a leaf out of the English team's bad habit at major tournaments and went home after the preliminary round (WC 2018) ... I hope that was an exception ... but I'm not sure because of the bad coach.

Date: June 22, 2021 11:19

Dutch team is a real team with world class quality in the core of the team (and very much in form).

There are not much teams who can do better than De Ligt, De Vrij, Wijnaldum, De Jong, Depay as an axis of the team. Then they have some huge talents like Malen who is gonna be world class for sure.

Also if they are lucky with the draw they get a really easy scheme untill the final.

They are a real outsider this year.

Date: June 22, 2021 11:38

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Dutch team is a real team with world class quality in the core of the team (and very much in form).

There are not much teams who can do better than De Ligt, De Vrij, Wijnaldum, De Jong, Depay as an axis of the team. Then they have some huge talents like Malen who is gonna be world class for sure.

Also if they are lucky with the draw they get a really easy scheme untill the final.

They are a real outsider this year.

I had them top 4 before the Euro 2020, and they haven't let me down so far. On the contrary, they have been impressive.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 22, 2021 13:25

Denmark/Russia game yesterday was fantastic. I'm not a huge soccer fan but have a bit of interest.

Date: June 22, 2021 14:35

NilsHolgersson
TheflyingDutchman

?why?

EURO 2016 they didn't qualify, EURO 2012 they lost every single match, now the opponents aren't that good but at least they're winning.. most players are not world class but they've got some quality in the defence imho

The Dutch national team has played first division level (Dutch Standards) on this tournament so far.
Agains teams like Belgium, Denmark there will be trouble already, let alone the Portugese. France, Italy or Germany will wipe the floor with the Dutch team, unless miracles happen: More focus, playing with a decent plan that creates scoring opportunities, decent ball possession and not going easy once the team scores a goal.It's the Dutch press that is very optimistic, naturally. I give the Dutch team on or two more games in this tournament.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 22, 2021 15:52

So far so good to read about the football. But I see nobody is talking about my country: Belgium: The Red Devils! Maybe not good enough???

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 22, 2021 16:00

the next round will be tough for team Switzerland, as the will have to face either Belgium, France, Germany or Portugal.

No chance ? Prove me wrong !

Resotele

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home