Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 17
OT: The 2020 UEFA European Football Championship
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 15, 2021 21:29

...or simply the Euro 2020 is on the way. As the reigning IORR Predictor Champion I'll take the liberty to open up this thread. Postponed from last year, held in 11 cities this is the 16th championship in order.
Portugal is the reigning champion. I think it's great to be able to watch good international football every day now for a couple of weeks. Belgium is, perhaps, the squad that has impressed mostly on me so far.
The best games tend to be in the group stages. The only 0-0 game so far was Spain versus Sweden. What do you think? Do you watch the games? How will your country do?

Re: OT: The 2020 UEFA European Football Championship
Date: June 15, 2021 21:37

Watching every game, rooting for Sweden (even though I'll lose money if they do well) smiling smiley

Date: June 15, 2021 21:44

Good to hear, Dandy. We need all the help and luck we can get this time around. I have seen better Swedish squads through the years...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 15, 2021 22:00

I think Italy will win the tournament and become European champions.

Nate

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 15, 2021 22:11

The most dramatic moment of this tournament already happened during the match Finland - Denmark. There is something more important than football.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 15, 2021 22:18

Watch every game! Winner? I did put some money on Italy and Holland, just to make things interesting. smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 15, 2021 22:23

C'mon lads!

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: June 15, 2021 22:44

watched few matches, some impressive, some not that much.... predict Belgium is gonna be the winner or at least make it to the semifinal.

Date: June 15, 2021 22:49

The French playing very well against Germany at this point. I didn't put my money
on the Dutch team.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 15, 2021 23:24

DandelionPowderman
Watching every game, rooting for Sweden (even though I'll lose money if they do well) smiling smiley

Hehe I lost a fortune last night against the spaniards Dandy! ;-)

I always bet against Sweden as it is a Win-Win situation every time...

Russia 2008 and Italy 2017 was the best positions to be in, won in 2008, lost my house (well almost) in 2017smileys with beer

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 16, 2021 00:14

Great match tonight of the french team thumbs up

HMN

Date: June 16, 2021 01:30

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-16 01:47 by Stoneage.

Date: June 16, 2021 18:53

Bad luck for the Finns. Scored after three minutes against Russia. A couple of centimeters offside though - goal disallowed. 1-0 to Russia when the whistle blow. Finland will face Belgium in the next game.
A tougher opponent than Russia. Whether a team lands on 4 or 3 points can make a difference in qualifications.

Shortly about the format: 24 teams in 6 groups. 16 teams will make it for the play-offs. There you go. Do your math...

Date: June 16, 2021 21:20

Since there is no interest whatsoever in football among IORR-fans I will now use this thread as a sort of memorandum for myself. Wales is now, more or less, through to the play-offs after a 2-0 win against Turkey.
Bale missed a penalty (he even missed the goal). The Turks had most of the play but didn't manage to score. They are probably out of the tournament now after two losses and a goal difference of 0-5.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 16, 2021 22:38

Watched most of them and saw some great games and I love the amount of cameras installed no way you can fool the referee

Date: June 16, 2021 22:40

Stoneage
Since there is no interest whatsoever in football among IORR-fans I will now use this thread as a sort of memorandum for myself. Wales is now, more or less, through to the play-offs after a 2-0 win against Turkey.
Bale missed a penalty (he even missed the goal). The Turks had most of the play but didn't manage to score. They are probably out of the tournament now after two losses and a goal difference of 0-5.

Well I bet Turkey not to lose against the swiss, I think it's gonna be a bit like Group A in the World Cup 1994 if you know what I mean.... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-16 22:43 by MadMax.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 16, 2021 22:49

Some great playing today, top quality football.

Gareth Bale did some magic today, amazing football player, Wales winning well deserved vs Turkey.

Then the beautiful goal by Italy vs Switzerland. Locatelli - Berardi - Locatelli - Goal! Some times football is true art!

Bjornulf

Date: June 17, 2021 00:42

There has been a debate over men's fashion here. There seems to be a fashion among experts/journalist/commentators in the tv-studios to wear white sneakers with suits and tie.
Some say it is more casual and therefore a good thing. Some have reacted badly to it though and called it a breach of etiquette. I don't know what to think really. What do you think?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 17, 2021 02:03

How good is Azzurri

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-17 02:06 by Taylor1.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 17, 2021 02:40

Watched the Wales v Turkey game and all the highlights of other games on U.K. TV tonight.

Starting to get interesting now, and although Gareth Bale really took an awful penalty, he had a good game, and he made amends when he was a big help making the final score Wales 2-0 against Turkey.

Well done to Wales.thumbs up

Date: June 17, 2021 21:42

De Bruyne made the difference between Belgium and Denmark. 2-1 to Belgium. Seems like Belgium has many gears in their gearbox. They can shift up when they really need to.
Some poor goaltending from Smeichel though on the second goal. Now Denmark has to win against Russia in their last game to be able to qualify as a third team.
Belgium is through to the play-off.

Date: June 17, 2021 21:58

Stoneage
There has been a debate over men's fashion here. There seems to be a fashion among experts/journalist/commentators in the tv-studios to wear white sneakers with suits and tie.
Some say it is more casual and therefore a good thing. Some have reacted badly to it though and called it a breach of etiquette. I don't know what to think really. What do you think?

You don't wear trainers to a suit, end of. If they want to have summat comfy on their feet they oughta have YSL loafers with inlays or the best, Clarks' Wallabees. I always use the Wallabees to my suits, they look sharp and are very comfy.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 17, 2021 22:09

I thought it was very unfair to Denmark when they had to make a quick decision to UEFA to play the rearranged match against Finland within a day or two of the very sad incident.
Thanks to the medical staff acting so quickly,it could have been a lot worse.

There must have been a better way to give both teams a fairer deal.

Denmark lost the rearranged game 1-0 and by all accounts were pressurised into playing the game as soon as possible.
The whole team must have been mentally , not in the best frame of mind to play a football match.
My personal opinion is that they should have given Denmark and Finland one point, or even one and a half points each before playing their second match.

What's done is done I guess, and I do hope results for the third matches in the group go their way.

Come on Denmark.............you can do it. thumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 17, 2021 22:36

MadMax
Stoneage

You don't wear trainers to a suit, end of. If they want to have summat comfy on their feet they oughta have YSL loafers with inlays or the best, Clarks' Wallabees. I always use the Wallabees to my suits, they look sharp and are very comfy.

If you’ve got a great sense of style you can pull it off.
Unfortunately for most people they don’t.

Nate

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: June 18, 2021 04:22

England / Scotland / Wales Stones Carnaby Street Football Shirts available now!

[www.umbro.co.uk]

or from the RS

[carnaby.therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 18, 2021 09:10

Sweden, England, Scotland - all playing today. It will be a long hot friday! cool smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 18, 2021 11:38

Looking out of my living room window, I see the bloody Scottish have bought the rain with them thumbs down

Date: June 18, 2021 11:43

grinning smiley

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 18, 2021 11:46

Beer Gardens in Prague are going to be crammed for The Czech-Croatia game...Very hot day today....Go Czech Republic!!!!!!

Date: June 18, 2021 12:07

Bjorn
Sweden, England, Scotland - all playing today. It will be a long hot friday! cool smiley

Finally 3 exciting games!!! No Seaman or Gazza this time for England so a draw is up for grabs for the tartan terriers....

I wonder how it must feel for them, Croatia vs the Czech Rep, an EC game, at Hampden Park, while Scotland must play at Wembley 3 hours later?

I hope this is the last time UEFA comes up with such a rubbish idea. A Championship should take place in ONE country only.

First out, a draw in St Petersburg...? What do you think my fellow IORRians?

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1433
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home