Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
When Noel Gallagher had Xmas with Keith Richards
Posted by: wrichardson ()
Date: June 14, 2021 15:43

Found this quite a funny story....told twice on UK Radio

[twitter.com]

[m.facebook.com]

Re: When Noel Gallagher had Xmas with Keith Richards
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 14, 2021 15:56

Two legends which I've had the pleasure to meet and shake hands with, Noel G I've even kissed on the cheek and talked football with for hours. Soon there will be no legends left when they've all croaked, the newcomers of today's music scene will never reach the heights of the 50's, 60's, 70's 80's and 90's artists. Except for Keith of course who will outlive us all, including the cockroaches.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 14, 2021 17:52

That's great.smileys with beer

I much prefer Noel than that brother of his ,Liam.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 14, 2021 18:07

crawdaddy
That's great.smileys with beer

I much prefer Noel than that brother of his ,Liam.

The story goes that when a muse bent over Noel's cradle and saw this beautiful glowing baby she blessed him with a musical talent.

When the same muse bent over Liam's cradle, instead of giving him any talent she spat in his mouth... cool smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 14, 2021 18:14

What has happened to that guy? He is not the introvert, angry young man anymore. Now he is nice, friendly and mature. But The Oasis were more into Beatles, weren't they?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2021 19:04

Decent cover released as a B-side, 1998

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2021 19:31

Hairball

that is quite good actually.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 14, 2021 19:32

It's surprising what you find out decades later that bands or artists you didn't have much time for, have been influenced or done a cover of a Stones song. smileys with beer

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 14, 2021 20:18

I have been told that random swearing during the take was perceived as edgy for some three or four months in the late seventies

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 14, 2021 21:30

MadMax
the newcomers of today's music scene will never reach the heights of the 50's, 60's, 70's 80's and 90's artists.

Yawn.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 14, 2021 21:41

Keef has more cool in his little finger than that talentless wannabe

Date: June 14, 2021 22:49

stargroover
Keef has more cool in his little finger than that talentless wannabe

Was there a competition that we weren't made aware of?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 14, 2021 22:57

Lol

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 15, 2021 00:05

MadMax
the newcomers of today's music scene will never reach the heights of the 50's, 60's, 70's 80's and 90's artists
"ok boomer."

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 15, 2021 00:19

StonedRambler
MadMax
the newcomers of today's music scene will never reach the heights of the 50's, 60's, 70's 80's and 90's artists
"ok boomer."

I’d argue the early-to-mid 2000’s bought us the last great, defining hurrah from rock n’roll: The Strokes, The Killers, Kings of Leon, etc. However, he’s spot-on, essentially.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 15, 2021 00:21

treaclefingers
Hairball

that is quite good actually.

Never heard that before and found it not bad at all.

Am now reminded of one time when I saw Beady Eye some years ago they did a pretty acceptable cover of Gimme Shelter.

Forgot to add that I like how Noel tells it about Keith! Thanks for posting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-15 00:25 by Beast.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 15, 2021 00:51

Funny stuff! Thanks for posting.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 15, 2021 01:01

Big Al
StonedRambler
MadMax
"ok boomer."

I’d argue the early-to-mid 2000’s bought us the last great, defining hurrah from rock n’roll: The Strokes, The Killers, Kings of Leon, etc. However, he’s spot-on, essentially.
Well, if we only talk about rock'n'roll, then surely most rock n roll artists will not reach the success of former artists. Simply because rock n roll is not part of the main stream music anymore.
But if we talk about music in general, there will always be artists who become legends. For younger generations a Taylor Swift will be just as much of a legend as the Stones are to us. If the music is not your taste that's something different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-15 01:02 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 15, 2021 01:09

After hearing their SFM cover my respect for them grew significantly. The way they understood the song.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 15, 2021 01:53

A pretty funny interview. Oasis did a few good cover tunes including SFM. Awesome version of My Generation as well as Cum On Feel The Noize. Is Definitely Maybe not the biggest selling album of all time in England?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 15, 2021 07:21

Oh oh. Another “Mick’s got a little todger” moment? Keith just can’t seem to bite his tongue when it comes to bagging out his “friend”…

Rod

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 15, 2021 07:37

MadMax
Two legends which I've had the pleasure to meet and shake hands with, Noel G I've even kissed on the cheek and talked football with for hours. Soon there will be no legends left when they've all croaked, the newcomers of today's music scene will never reach the heights of the 50's, 60's, 70's 80's and 90's artists. Except for Keith of course who will outlive us all, including the cockroaches.

One legend. The other is an idiot. Saying that Noel Gallagher is a legend is ridiculous. He's a Gallagher, just like his POS brother. You have made a grave mistake of putting Noel Douchebag Gallagher in the same category as Keith.

Date: June 15, 2021 07:40

DGA35
A pretty funny interview. Oasis did a few good cover tunes including SFM. Awesome version of My Generation as well as Cum On Feel The Noize. Is Definitely Maybe not the biggest selling album of all time in England?

Queens Greatest Hits and ABBA Gold are the two biggest-sellers in the U.K.

What’s The Story (Morning Glory) is Oasis’ biggest-seller here, although Definitely Maybe did reach #1 and sold bucket-loads. Even the widely-panned Be Here Now became the nation’s fastest-selling album. You really cannot underestimate quite how huge the were throughout the U.K. in the early-to-mid 1990’s.

Date: June 15, 2021 07:55

Big Al
DGA35

What’s The Story (Morning Glory) is Oasis’ biggest-seller here, although Definitely Maybe did reach #1 and sold bucket-loads. Even the widely-panned Be Here Now became the nation’s fastest-selling album. You really cannot underestimate quite how huge the were throughout the U.K. in the early-to-mid 1990’s.

14 million people bought HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH.

14 million people can be wrong.

There's no accounting for taste. Hootie...Oasis. I'd rather listen to Garbage.

Date: June 15, 2021 08:05

GasLightStreet
Big Al
DGA35

14 million people bought HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH.

14 million people can be wrong.

There's no accounting for taste. Hootie...Oasis. I'd rather listen to Garbage.

While I don't disagree with any of that, they did a credible job on SFM.

Date: June 15, 2021 08:14

Oasis' version of SFM is horrendous.

Date: June 15, 2021 09:18

GasLightStreet
Oasis' version of SFM is horrendous.

Stop. It's way better than your version.

Date: June 15, 2021 09:38

GasLightStreet
MadMax

One legend. The other is an idiot. Saying that Noel Gallagher is a legend is ridiculous. He's a Gallagher, just like his POS brother. You have made a grave mistake of putting Noel Douchebag Gallagher in the same category as Keith.

Ouch! This sounds a little personal. Have you met them?

Date: June 15, 2021 09:51

Great story! Love it.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 15, 2021 10:09

Funny story. Neil Gallagher is a funny and smart guy. His brother is a moron.
Oasis had a few good songs, but after a while the voice gets annoying. Their version of SFM, however, is not good: too much distortion which makes everything sound like a vacuum cleaner and lose the "spike".

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home