Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Record store day:Keef’s wicked as it seems
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 14, 2021 09:55

Picked this up over the weekend on 7 inch vinyl,with Gimme Shelter on flip side.Recorded at London T and C back in 92.I was at one of the shows.I think they played two nights.Anybody know which night this was recorded from?
Great show and nice souvenir!

Re: Record store day:Keef’s wicked as it seems
Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: June 14, 2021 10:15

Both tracks come from his second show there, Dec. 18 (his 49th birthday) and have already been released as "B-sides" on a CD-single ('Eileen') in March 1993.

N

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 14, 2021 10:56

I got my copy online late Saturday night from these guys who still claim to have at least one copy left

[reflexrecordshop.com]

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 14, 2021 11:13

stargroover
Picked this up over the weekend on 7 inch vinyl,with Gimme Shelter on flip side.Recorded at London T and C back in 92.I was at one of the shows.I think they played two nights.Anybody know which night this was recorded from?
Great show and nice souvenir!

I saw the show before his birthday and there were no cameras so must have been taken from the second show on the 18th.

Another reason i remember this is because people started singing happy birthday to Keith in the crowd and Keith stopped them and said it's not my birthday yet.
He genuinely looked annoyed they got it wrong.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 14, 2021 12:22

ROCKMAN

Date: June 14, 2021 17:11

Rockman

Twice as many songs played on the 17th.
Now I'm really pleased i didn't see him on his Birthday.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 14, 2021 17:37

Hate to break the news, but the reverse is true! He played 20 songs on 18th and 19 songs on 17th.

[www.setlist.fm]

I was also at the birthday show and picked up up my 7" vinyl on Saturday at my local participating record store in London. It was the last one they had.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 14, 2021 18:11

Beast
Hate to break the news, but the reverse is true! He played 20 songs on 18th and 19 songs on 17th.

Yeah by the end of the tour or any tour the setlist probably was more or less fixed.

There was one "notable" variation during the 92 tour : in Paris they started the gig with "999" instead of the usual "Take It So Hard".

A mistake? Or did Keef want to "kick the Frogs in the nuts" right from the beginning? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-14 19:15 by dcba.

Date: June 14, 2021 18:23

Beast

[www.setlist.fm]

I was also at the birthday show and picked up up my 7" vinyl on Saturday at my local participating record store in London. It was the last one they had.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 14, 2021 18:31

Beast

[www.setlist.fm]

not really – unless he sang 'Happy Birthday' to himself on 18th (song # 11) he did 19 songs at both shows.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 14, 2021 18:39

Haha - good one, slewan! You are right thumbs up

Date: June 14, 2021 20:31

Thinking back it must have been the birthday show I was at ,cause I remember hanging around at the stage door for him to come out.Waiting for an eternity with some hard core fans.And there was a bit of a party after.He eventually came ont with Patti and the band into a mini bus.Managed to pat him on the shoulder,I remember thinking how scrawny he was.Great show.Got some pics I took somewhere.

Date: June 14, 2021 20:31

Thanks for the info everyone

Posted by: Rod13 ()
Date: July 8, 2021 20:09

Hi evereyone,

It has been years and years that I've been looking for these two titles by Keith and the Winos.

Could anybody put the two tracks online to download by any chance? Or send send by email? (Gimme Shelter and Wicked as it seems from the 1992 solo Keith tour).

The CD version would even be better if anybody has got it.

I can trade it as I have a few rarities myself.

Thanks a lot.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-08 20:11 by Rod13.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 8, 2021 20:21

Rod13
Hi evereyone,

It has been years and years that I've been looking for these two titles by Keith and the Winos.

Could anybody put the two tracks online to download by any chance? Or send send by email? (Gimme Shelter and Wicked as it seems from the 1992 solo Keith tour).

The CD version would even be better if anybody has got it.

I can trade it as I have a few rarities myself.

Thanks a lot.

Rod
1. Wrong forum.
2. Links to official material are not welcome here.
3. Your email is hidden so nobody can contact you privately.

Date: July 9, 2021 08:28

That Gimme shelter version by Keef I picked up on cd in Tokyo years back.Forget I had it:too much dust

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home