Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Earliest Jimi Hendrix Experience live footage?
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 8, 2021 17:26

Cool little clip. It reminded me of why Hendrix will always be the greatest electric guitar player. The slowed down version of Like A Rolling Stone made me think how the Stones should bring this song back into the set and play it slowed down.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Earliest Jimi Hendrix Experience live footage?
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 8, 2021 18:55

Audio leaves a lot to be desired and makes me wonder if there is an issue with the video and might explain the slowed down tempo ?

Date: June 8, 2021 18:56

I bet this will be gone by the days end from Jimi's sister

Date: June 8, 2021 19:04

Also Jimi is only using one stack of Marshall's ? I had one fella tell me "how big is the crater " from running 2 stacks together ? I will give you a clue the larger the room the more massive the sound is , and the smaller the room means it is less room for the sound to travel and push air .

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 8, 2021 22:06

Thanks for posting this still amazing Jimi Hendrix video and there must have been other musicians in the crowd

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 9, 2021 06:42

Please. It was a great misstep by the Stones to cover Like A Rolling Stone. One of their few misses on a cover. They made it sound vanilla.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 9, 2021 19:46

That film was pretty amazing, reminds me of seeing the outfit at the Women's Gym of Sac State college right about that time. Don't recall exactly but must have been late 67 or early 68. What a show in such a tight little place, sounded all distorted just like that film, mostly echo from the hard surfaces of a basketball court gymnasium.

jb

Posted by: automaticchanger ()
Date: June 9, 2021 21:44

jbwelda
That film was pretty amazing, reminds me of seeing the outfit at the Women's Gym of Sac State college right about that time. Don't recall exactly but must have been late 67 or early 68. What a show in such a tight little place, sounded all distorted just like that film, mostly echo from the hard surfaces of a basketball court gymnasium.

jb

Feb 8, 1968:

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 10, 2021 00:39

Thank you, was the mens gym although I thought I distinctly recalled the womens.

kool poster, wish I ripped one down, they were all over telephone poles outside the gym that night.

I almost got kicked out of my parents house for going to that show, I was on restriction for a former indiscretion but could not miss this and snuck out my window. Got caught coming home. Oh well, wouldn't have missed it for the world and forgiveness is so much easier to get than permission sometimes.

jb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1656
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home