Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Will the Stones play the Central Park NYC concert
Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: June 8, 2021 05:05

Clive Davis will be promoting a huge concert in Central Park in NYC in August, any chance the Stones will be there ? Word is that it will be free, and televised

Re: Will the Stones play the Central Park NYC concert
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 8, 2021 05:54

No

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 8, 2021 05:56

Doubt it.

Date: June 8, 2021 06:08

That would be great. I think their show at the 121212 in Madison Square Garden was fantastic. And the free shows In Rio and Havana were amazing thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-08 06:36 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 8, 2021 06:14

Sounds like a great place to be very very far away from. Probably feature Gulliani and Garfinkel.

jb

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 8, 2021 06:23

jbwelda
Sounds like a great place to be very very far away from. Probably feature Gulliani and Garfinkel.

jb

Giuliani won't be there. I would bet $50 the Stones won't be either.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 8, 2021 06:31

>Giuliani won't be there

Hopefully he will have another appointment, in a Federal courthouse nearby.

jb

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 8, 2021 10:00

who would want to play an outdoor show in New York in August? With all that damn humidity. That said, I'm sure it happens all the time.

plexi

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: June 8, 2021 13:11

Mick could use this as a means to shift a few more tickets if the fall tour takes place, maybe they will be well into reheresals by then and could do three songs!

Date: June 8, 2021 14:44

The rumor is Billy Joel.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 8, 2021 14:51

unlikely.
The Stones rarely play festivals where they are not the main act.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 8, 2021 15:29

They'll arrive via a flatbed truck blasting Start Me Up.. NYC and The Stones are back!!

In seriousness, very doubtful they'd make an appearance at this unless they happened to be playing a nearby gig, and this will be too early.

Will be interesting to see who does appear. Billy Joel, Springsteen, Gaga would make my partial guess list. Would be fantastic if Simon and Garfunkel made an appearance, more likely is Paul Simon solo. Macca would be a great choice amongst the non NY'ers.. but I think that's highly doubtful as well.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 8, 2021 16:03

jbwelda
>Giuliani won't be there

Hopefully he will have another appointment, in a Federal courthouse nearby.

jb

I would gladly pay $50 to see that!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 8, 2021 17:07

For free -NO

Date: June 8, 2021 17:31

TheGreek
For free -NO

Gee.. if only there was some precedence we could refer to, to confirm whether they would perform for free to help the NYC area after a disaster.

Rolling Stones Join ’12-12-12? Sandy Benefit Concert
Rockers will perform alongside Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen

The Rolling Stones have taken up their invitation to the "12-12-12" Sandy benefit concert December 12th at Madison Square Garden. The rockers announced the news on Twitter, and they'll join a packed lineup: Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, the Who, Dave Grohl, Kanye West and Coldplay's Chris Martin are also set to perform as part of fundraiser for victims of Hurricane Sandy in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-08 17:31 by MisterDDDD.

Date: June 8, 2021 18:21

MisterDDDD
TheGreek
For free -NO

Gee.. if only there was some precedence we could refer to, to confirm whether they would perform for free to help the NYC area after a disaster.

The Rolling Stones have taken up their invitation to the "12-12-12" Sandy benefit concert December 12th at Madison Square Garden. The rockers announced the news on Twitter, and they'll join a packed lineup: Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, the Who, Dave Grohl, Kanye West and Coldplay's Chris Martin are also set to perform as part of fundraiser for victims of Hurricane Sandy in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
[www.rollingstone.com]

they were in the area anyhow: four days earlier they played at MSG and on the very next day the did a show in Newark

Date: June 8, 2021 19:00

slewan
MisterDDDD
TheGreek
For free -NO

[www.rollingstone.com]

they were in the area anyhow: four days earlier they played at MSG and on the very next day the did a show in Newark

Of course, so was I winking smiley

Guess this proves they're just asssholes then.
Good point.

*Also, four days earlier it was Barclays in Brooklyn, and it was fantastic!!
For the record, I don't think they'll be there, although Irix's post below highlights the possibility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-08 19:10 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 8, 2021 19:00

dcarey

Clive Davis will be promoting a huge concert in Central Park in NYC in August, any chance the Stones will be there ?

Since the Central-Park-concert should take place 21-Aug-2021, the Stones could do it instead of a Pre-Tour Club-Show and then start their regular US-Tour in September 2021 .... [www.NYTimes.com] , [iorr.org] . winking smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 19:10

8 Artists slated, and I can almost guarantee that they will be NYC-centric, so my guess would include:

Paul Simon, possibly Simon & Garfunkel.
Springsteen - already reprising his Broadway stint.
Billy Joel
Jay-Z/Beyonce
Alicia Keys

other possibilities: Bon Jovi, J-Lo. Would be something if Barbra Streisand performed.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 8, 2021 19:16

TheGreek
For free -NO

30 July 2003, Toronto…. The Boys do step up when they can.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 8, 2021 19:22

I think the Stones might if they are asked, i would never right them off, i didn't imagine I'd see them at Glastonbury but there they were in full Glory, if Ronnie is well enough why not.

It will be Amazing if Simon And Garfunkle settle their differences to sing too, Wow.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 8, 2021 19:26

VoodooLounge13
8 Artists slated, and I can almost guarantee that they will be NYC-centric, so my guess would include:

Paul Simon, possibly Simon & Garfunkel.
Springsteen - already reprising his Broadway stint.
Billy Joel
Jay-Z/Beyonce
Alicia Keys

other possibilities: Bon Jovi, J-Lo. Would be something if Barbra Streisand performed.

There will likely be someone more contemporary for the younger crowd. I could imagine Taylor Swift doing it.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 8, 2021 20:09

No, they wont play. While we all are waiting, Ronnie will probably release a new sola album.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 8, 2021 20:13

If they had a few shows under their belt and were in form, maybe, but I doubt they'll start out at such a high profile event cold, as their first gig back.

Date: June 8, 2021 20:17

MisterDDDD
slewan
MisterDDDD
TheGreek
For free -NO

[www.rollingstone.com]

Good point.

*Also, four days earlier it was Barclays in Brooklyn, and it was fantastic!!
For the record, I don't think they'll be there, although Irix's post below highlights the possibility.
In the middle of Stones activity and mini tour . Versus hauling out that behemouth vehicle and all of the moving parts inside and outside for a free gig . I am a doughting Thomas on that . Also that would mean they would have to spend time and energy rehearsing - for a freebie -nah

Date: June 8, 2021 20:19

SomeTorontoGirl
TheGreek
For free -NO

during a tour right ? Just before going to Europe for the European Tour right ? In the midst of tour activity , which is exactly why I am skeptical .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 8, 2021 20:40

TheGreek
SomeTorontoGirl
TheGreek
For free -NO

during a tour right ? Just before going to Europe for the European Tour right ? In the midst of tour activity , which is exactly why I am skeptical .

The were already two months in to the summer European tour before taking a detour over to Toronto, then took a week off before resuming the Euro tour.
That said, I agree this will probably never happen...without rehearsals and at their age...has train wreck written all over it

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 8, 2021 20:54

Hairball
The were already two months in to the summer European tour before taking a detour over to Toronto, then took a week off before resuming the Euro tour.

It wasn’t planned to be a week off. They had to postpone a show in Spain just after Toronto, since Mick got sick.

Date: June 8, 2021 20:56

TheGreek
In the middle of Stones activity and mini tour . Versus hauling out that behemouth vehicle and all of the moving parts inside and outside for a free gig . I am a doughting Thomas on that . Also that would mean they would have to spend time and energy rehearsing - for a freebie -nah

That's a lot of qualifiers, (which we all were aware of).

Was responding to the simple "For free -NO" post.
Didn't realize I had to refute all the logistics, the day of week, and the kitchen sink as well.winking smiley

Date: June 8, 2021 20:58

MisterDDDD
slewan
MisterDDDD
TheGreek
For free -NO

[www.rollingstone.com]

Good point.

well, it just proves that they might do something like this if it's more or less effortless

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home