Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: For you Beach Boy fans...surf's up
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 4, 2021 17:54

FYI: Wow. Quite the collection if you're someone into the Beach Boys.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT: For you Beach Boy fans...surf's up
Date: June 4, 2021 18:04

I saw this article the other day and I agree it is a very extensive collection.

Sad we can't get something like this from the Stones.

We all know they have tons of stuff. Just give it to us.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 4, 2021 19:27

I wonder if Mike Love is behind this or profits in any way.

jb

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 4, 2021 23:05

The Beach Boys - Feel Flows: The Sunflower & Surfs Up Sessions 1969-1971 (5CD & 4LP box sets, also 2CD & 2LP ):

30-Jul-2021 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 5, 2021 02:42

jbwelda
I wonder if Mike Love is behind this or profits in any way.

jb

Why wouldn't he? He wrote or co-wrote a number of BB songs.

Date: June 5, 2021 04:02

Right. One (more) reason not for me to waste my money.

Carry on

jb

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 5, 2021 04:52

So, deprive Al Jardine, Brian Wilson, and the families of Carl and Dennis Wilson just because of Mike Love's participation. And it's music that's 50 years or more old. These aren't albums that all fans like or that most non-fans have heard of. It won't sell that well, anyways, especially since it can all be streamed for free. I don't plan on buying, but it's nice for people who do want it.

Some people just like to troll.

Date: June 5, 2021 05:01

Yes, they do. Some also have scruples and principles and choose to support those whose principles match theirs. That leaves me out.

jb

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2021 05:51

marianna
So, deprive Al Jardine, Brian Wilson, and the families of Carl and Dennis Wilson just because of Mike Love's participation. And it's music that's 50 years or more old. These aren't albums that all fans like or that most non-fans have heard of. It won't sell that well, anyways, especially since it can all be streamed for free. I don't plan on buying, but it's nice for people who do want it.

You are one of those some people.

It's not necessarily because of Mike Love that people won't buy it. It's also people just not interested and older people that aren't interested in being interested. What will amount to A LOT of people. The families will not be deprived regardless.

That's some fake news UFO gaslighting. If that's the ridiculous case, then Mick has deprived all of his kids from Eazy Sleazy being only available on YouTube. After all, you're not planning to buy it. Of course it's nice for people that want to buy it but that's as pointless in stating that a ball has a point.

A jellyfish has more backbone than your post. Your post isn't even constructive, it's just bellyaching for nothing.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 5, 2021 05:58

I can’t wait to get it even though I have many tracks on boots. I bought both the US and Japanese SHM versions. And I know my 30-year-old daughter wants it bad also .

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 5, 2021 07:16

GasLightStreet
marianna

It's not necessarily because of Mike Love that people won't buy it. It's also people just not interested and older people that aren't interested in being interested. What will amount to A LOT of people. The families will not be deprived regardless.

That's some fake news UFO gaslighting. If that's the ridiculous case, then Mick has deprived all of his kids from Eazy Sleazy being only available on YouTube. After all, you're not planning to buy it. Of course it's nice for people that want to buy it but that's as pointless in stating that a ball has a point.

A jellyfish has more backbone than your post. Your post isn't even constructive, it's just bellyaching for nothing.

Whatever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-05 07:20 by marianna.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 5, 2021 08:13

I am really looking forward to this!

I love these 2 albums, and the BBs always do these type of archival releases so well.

Gonna get toasted, get the headphones on, and get happy

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2021 08:22

marianna
GasLightStreet
marianna

Whatever.

Great mirror.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 6, 2021 01:54

Come on, people. Mike Love, not war.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 6, 2021 02:33

..... Hey thats a goodun .... Gonna use it

stay safe Rocky ....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 6, 2021 04:26

You too, Terry.

Even Brian said "Love and mercy that's what you need tonight." Nobody listens, not even to themselves. They're not the only ones with mixed emotions.

Date: June 6, 2021 04:31

Rocky Dijon
Come on, people. Mike Love, not war.

man, what a Touche' response!

good to see you back Rocky, and sorry for letting off the rudeness on Mr Love, we all know what the deal is so its foolish to even bring it up.

jb

Date: June 6, 2021 17:41

I was just having Fun, Fun, Fun. Stan Love might object, though.

If you prefer, there's always Weird Al's response to "What's Love Got to Do with It?"

"If by 'it' you mean the success of The Beach Boys, and by 'Love' you mean Mike Love, then very little."

Of course Al has more than a little Mike Love about him as well, but still a funny line.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home