Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Nickname for Stones Fans
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: June 4, 2021 19:00

Stoned Again

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 4, 2021 19:53

Probably a song that was released as close as possible to the mid-point of their career, which would on average, represent as closely as possible an encapsulation of the band.

So, in that regard our choices are:

High Wires
Sex Drivers

I'm ambivalent of which of the two we go with but someone please make a decision quickly.

Posted by: Brett ()
Date: June 4, 2021 20:43

Years ago at my work they were setting up some bowling teams and asked if I wanted to join one. I said I would join if I got to pick the team name. I gave them 2 choices, The Rolling Stoned or The Stoned Rollers. Needless to say both were declined and my bowling career ended before it started.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: June 5, 2021 03:48

treaclefingers

Sex Drivers

I'm ambivalent of which of the two we go with but someone please make a decision quickly.

Wow!
Waza-ari ippon!

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: June 5, 2021 06:35

OK, my 2 cents' worth now:

1. George Harrison referred to Beatles groupies as "Apple Scruffs". As many would know, he wrote a song about them. Somebody might want to try to make up a Stones equivalent based on that ..... can't think of anything myself right at this moment, although .....

2. Anybody like to try to come up with something inspired by the old Stones LP cataloguing "CUN" and "COC"? If I ever interpreted the meaning of it correctly, that might cover the Stones fandom gender divide!

Date: June 5, 2021 06:45

Toru A
treaclefingers

Sex Drivers

Wow!
Waza-ari ippon!

At least that!

Date: June 5, 2021 21:53

Bob Dylan fans were/are known as Bobcats.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 6, 2021 00:42

Sighunt
When I was growing up in my neighborhood, anybody that was a serious Stones fan was referred to as a "Stones Freak" which I think fit.

However, in commemorating (and tying in) this years 50th anniversary of arguably one of the most iconic and unique corporate logos of the 20th century (that is just as recognizable as Coke, McDonalds, and Nike),

I hereby dub the new nickname for Stones fans as "Tonguesters" (LOL) embodying that rebellious spirit of this famous logo:

How about combining the Stones and their logo?

"Stones lickers"

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: June 6, 2021 01:00

georgie48
Sighunt
When I was growing up in my neighborhood, anybody that was a serious Stones fan was referred to as a "Stones Freak" which I think fit.

However, in commemorating (and tying in) this years 50th anniversary of arguably one of the most iconic and unique corporate logos of the 20th century (that is just as recognizable as Coke, McDonalds, and Nike),

I hereby dub the new nickname for Stones fans as "Tonguesters" (LOL) embodying that rebellious spirit of this famous logo:

How about combining the Stones and their logo?

"Stones lickers"

How about "Suckers"? That is shorter, one word 2 syllables.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home