Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Christie’s Reveals Some L’Wren Scott Secrets Ahead of Online Auction
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 24, 2021 20:03

If you liked the beautiful jackets Mike wore in 2013 at Glastonbury and Hyde Park, get your bids in. £20,000-£30,000 a pop...

[wwd.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-23 15:34 by bv.

Re: OT: Christie’s Reveals Some L’Wren Scott Secrets Ahead of Online Auction
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 24, 2021 20:34

Loved most of her stage designs that Mick wore during the 2012-2013 tours.

This one from Brooklyn/London 2012 (and elsewhere) was a personal favorite.
Harkened back to the boys early early days.. was perfect.

She seemed very down to earth, remember being surprised she interacted with me a bit on social media.. related to the tour, costumes etc.

L'Wren Scott jackets worn by Mick up for auction
Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: June 19, 2021 15:06

Re: L'Wren Scott jackets worn by Mick up for auction
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 19, 2021 15:10

I loved L'Wren's designs. So talented.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2021 16:30

Announcement by Mick: [Twitter.com] , [Twitter.com] .

See also: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 19, 2021 17:54

The butterfly one from Hyde park is a work of art - hope these raise sone good money for a worthy cause

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 19, 2021 21:16

I foresee, for me, two problems regarding bidding on these. One, I don't have the money. Two, it would take many months in the gym and eating right to get slender enough to try on either of them. (Yes, I know, they're not for wear, but collector pieces.) I hope they sell well in terms of making money for the charity involved.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: June 19, 2021 21:57

I saw some pictures and mostly it's L'Wren dresses she wore for some significant events. Just a few of items are Mick's jackets. I guess he still keeps most of them and it's kinda sweet.

Posted by: ladylou ()
Date: June 19, 2021 22:22

Sad that L'Wren isnt alive to rebuild her life. She deserved to be alive and happy. In past 7 years, she could have found a true gentleman as she deserved.

IMO it's quite insensitive of Jagger to sell those jackets, particularly the butterfly one. L'Wren should never have wasted her time making any of those jackets.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: June 19, 2021 22:44

ladylou
Sad that L'Wren isnt alive to rebuild her life. She deserved to be alive and happy. In past 7 years, she could have found a true gentleman as she deserved.

IMO it's quite insensitive of Jagger to sell those jackets, particularly the butterfly one. L'Wren should never have wasted her time making any of those jackets.

he does it to keep her legacy alive to support scholarships funds named after her.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 20, 2021 10:23

I liked L'Wren's dresses very much, although they only suited women with a similar build to her own (she was 183 cm and likely weighed no more than 55 kg).

But the stagewear she designed for Mick..not too much. Too Liberace. Her philosophy was 'More is more, not less is more'. To me, nothing will surpass the stage clothes they had on the Voodoo Lounge tour.

Date: June 20, 2021 14:56

Mariuana
I saw some pictures and mostly it's L'Wren dresses she wore for some significant events. Just a few of items are Mick's jackets. I guess he still keeps most of them and it's kinda sweet.

The majority of the dresses up for auction were worn by other people, like Nicole Kidman, Mariella Frostrup (a former "close pal" of Mick's, as it happens), Sarah Jessica Parker etc.

Date: June 20, 2021 15:03

Quite a few bids already for some of those dresses. But none yet for either of Mick's jackets. Starting bid for both is set at £15,000.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 20, 2021 15:21

Come on Matt!
Give it a go. Both deserve to be part of your collection!!! When they end up in some private collection, fans will not be able to admire them from close by. That would really be a shame. How about a Matt Lee crowd funding? Those who contribute should get a free visit to Matt's future museum.
I was at Hyde Park when Mick had the "butterfly" jacket on. I really enjoyed the historical idea behind it.
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 20, 2021 16:28

Pardon me but Mick has like £400 million in the bank and he's SELLING his ex partners jackets, surely it would be a nicer gesture to put the proceeds to charity, sorry if I've miss understood the auction. The money goes to who?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 20, 2021 16:33

Rocktiludrop
Pardon me but Mick has like £400 million in the bank and he's SELLING his ex partners jackets, surely it would be a nicer gesture to put the proceeds to charity, sorry if I've miss understood the auction. The money goes to who?

The money is going to charity.

Nate

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 20, 2021 16:35

Nate
Rocktiludrop

Nate

Oh so sorry, thanks for correcting me Nate

I mean mate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-20 16:35 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: June 20, 2021 19:42

Rocktiludrop
Nate
Rocktiludrop

Nate

Oh so sorry, thanks for correcting me Nate

I mean mate

@MickJagger

Both of these jackets are included in the L’Wren Scott online auction @ChristiesInc up until July 1 with all proceeds going to her scholarship fund at London’s University of the Arts.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 2, 2021 13:27

georgie48
Come on Matt!
Give it a go. Both deserve to be part of your collection!!! When they end up in some private collection, fans will not be able to admire them from close by. That would really be a shame. How about a Matt Lee crowd funding? Those who contribute should get a free visit to Matt's future museum.
I was at Hyde Park when Mick had the "butterfly" jacket on. I really enjoyed the historical idea behind it.
smileys with beer

Don't worry! It was all under control... thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 3, 2021 19:28

mattleeuk
georgie48
Come on Matt!
smileys with beer

Matt, did you get anything at the auction, like one of the jackets? :-)
I don't think you'd want the dresses for your collection...

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 3, 2021 21:24

angee
mattleeuk
georgie48
Come on Matt!
smileys with beer

Matt, did you get anything at the auction, like one of the jackets? :-)
I don't think you'd want the dresses for your collection...

There were indeed some nice dresses, but the main event by a mile were the two Mick Jackets. The Madonna dress did amazingly well given the lack of picture of her in it and the fact it wasn’t stage costume. The Jagger jackets went very cheap, Christie’s just doesn’t have rock n roll clients (they haven’t done Rock n Roll for years). These are the best of the best, totally custom one of one made for and worn at iconic shows. Bullet proof ownership history, this is the real deal. Top, top stuff.

Date: July 3, 2021 22:15

mattleeuk

Top, top stuff.

Did you win the auction?

Date: July 3, 2021 22:20

Date: July 3, 2021 23:10

The Jackets are made of Sequins (Paillettes):

[Onlineonly.Christies.com]

[Onlineonly.Christies.com]

Re: Christie’s Reveals Some L’Wren Scott Secrets Ahead of Online Auction
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 3, 2021 23:17

You mean to tell me Jagger actually pays someone to design those "costumes"?

I wonder how much he paid in 81 to wear some tights with a ball protector and some dumb sports jersey?

jb

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 3, 2021 23:32

jbwelda
You mean to tell me Jagger actually pays someone to design those "costumes"?

I wonder how much he paid in 81 to wear some tights with a ball protector and some dumb sports jersey?

jb

"Someone" was his late girlfriend. Not sure what he paid her.

Not a fan of her stuff myself.

Date: July 4, 2021 01:01

I was surprised by the winning bid on the Madonna dress also...well, hey, it's Madonna.
I'm imagining some wealthy woman going to a party and one of the guests says, "Nice dress!"
And she answers, "Yes, Madonna wore it once." It actually looks like a well-styled garment.
I like some of the Nicole Kidman pieces too.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-04 01:04 by angee.

Date: July 4, 2021 03:03

Anyone recommend a good tailor? Don't worry, it was on and off in 10 seconds. It was a long nervous wait for the big day but this was a bid to win item... stuff this incredible almost never comes up, especially with unquestionable authenticity. One word "Iconic"

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 4, 2021 03:47

But … but … but did you get the green one too?

Date: July 4, 2021 05:42

Excellent, congrats, Matt! The blue (and black) butterfly jacket, auction item extraordinaire!
Did you have many people bidding against you, or just one or two?

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home