Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick & Ronnie - London, 5/21
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 28, 2021 14:11

This almost became the first Stones-related fistfight since Altamont 1969

Posted by: rastakeith ()
Date: May 28, 2021 15:55

World War III...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 28, 2021 16:46

I remember many,many years ago there was a thread about Mick and Keiths' hair and what it was like in the colour and amount of hair they had .

I, amongst many others put what we thought were fun comments and I got a telling off from BV.

I was glad he did, as I knew my comments were not at all funny, especially if any of The Rolling Stones or their crew saw the comments.

I learnt my lesson, and make a point since then of not making disrespectful or hateful comments about anyone , (as opposed to a polite opinion), who is discussed on IORR.

It's not funny and it's not clever. smileys with beer

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: May 28, 2021 16:52

NilsHolgersson
This almost became the first Stones-related fistfight since Altamont 1969

Didn't a Swedish interviewer claim to be hit in the head by Keith recently because during the interview Keith realised he gave Keith a poor review and accused keith if being drunk at the show he reviewed in 2007.

I thought it hilarious keith got defensive about being called drunk on stage grinning smiley

I heard the interview on the radio and keith sounded like he struck the guy.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 28, 2021 18:50

I think Keef slugs people to let them know he likes them.

Didn't he and Ben Waters have a go at it?

jb

Date: May 28, 2021 20:52

Keith was very violent as a young man, it's in countless books, he would swing his guitar at people if they upset him, he's a fiery man, he pulled a gun on Simon Bates in a BBC Radio interview in the late 80s.
Just for the shock of it, but still, I've met him and when his eyes meet you it's kind of scary.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 28, 2021 23:27

For the record, this meeting place was Harry's Bar, London. I found out about this gathering on Facebook. I bet they've met up in more private places as well to help keep Ronnie's spirits up during his recovery. It's great to see that they really care about each other, outside of being bandmates!
[scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net]

Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: May 29, 2021 00:51

DandelionPowderman
harlem shuffle
And now waiting for what Keith would put in his head,he has no hair anymore,so Maybee they put some bells om his ears,some jingle jangle gypsyrubys

Why the hate?

Hair is so overrated...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 29, 2021 01:09

Shortly about hate: “People want to be loved; failing that admired; failing that feared; failing that hated and despised. They want to evoke some sort of sentiment.
The soul shudders before oblivion and seeks connection at any price.”

- Hjalmar Söderberg, Doktor Glas.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 29, 2021 03:39

Rocktiludrop
Keith was very violent as a young man, it's in countless books, he would swing his guitar at people if they upset him, he's a fiery man, he pulled a gun on Simon Bates in a BBC Radio interview in the late 80s.
Just for the shock of it, but still, I've met him and when his eyes meet you it's kind of scary.

Also, Keith whacking the kid in he head, with his guitar, on live television in 1981 (Hampton,VA) - was a bit over the top. Hopefully the “gun pulling” episodes are either fictional or things in the way past. We would hate for him to follow the path of Phil Spector - yikes!

Date: May 29, 2021 11:38

swimtothemoon
Rocktiludrop

Also, Keith whacking the kid in he head, with his guitar, on live television in 1981 (Hampton,VA) - was a bit over the top. Hopefully the “gun pulling” episodes are either fictional or things in the way past. We would hate for him to follow the path of Phil Spector - yikes!

To be fair to Keith though it was just after John Lennon was shot, and as Keith said himself, he could be a fan, he could be a nutter , I'm gonna chop the Mother down. This is Rock & Roll people, it's a hard game and Keith knows how to play it, i think he sent the right message, this is my turf stay the @#$%& out, looking back at 60s footage it was over the top the way fans literally jumped them, sure it was mostly young girls but intimidating in numbers and they scratch.

As for the Gun pulling episode Keith was just playing around, Bates said that he was full of Whiskey and joked you don't see much of this at the BBC, yeah i think Keith was just out to shock, he was releasing TIC doing the interviews and it's Keith's style of PR like smoking his Dads ashes, it's all tongue in cheek, Talk Is Cheap should have been called Tongue In Cheek winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 29, 2021 11:49

Hair is so overrated...

Yeah ya probably right but hey ...
the nude scene was pretty contro for that era ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 29, 2021 11:53

Stoneage
Shortly about hate: “People want to be loved; failing that admired; failing that feared; failing that hated and despised. They want to evoke some sort of sentiment.

Is this your confession, explains a lot.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 29, 2021 12:00

Try really hard not ta hate anyone or anything
but I gotta admit that diesel pisses me off ...

bad fumes and wrecks ya shoes ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 29, 2021 17:47

Rocktiludrop
Stoneage

Actually it's about everyone or anyone. Maybe even you or I. You certainly seem to have worked up a bit of resentment today for example.

Date: May 29, 2021 20:23

Stoneage
Rocktiludrop
Stoneage

Actually it's about everyone or anyone. Maybe even you or I. You certainly seem to have worked up a bit of resentment today for example.

Yeah I'm not a people person, some posters kill it for me, takes away the spirit of this band, Rock & Roll even, old farts with nothing in common with Mick and Keith or their music, the negativity, people doubting Mick and Keith on their own words, if you can't take their word on how the music is laid out then where do you go, no nothing smart asses 're-writing the history books, well actually only as far as the internet tells them.

Date: May 29, 2021 22:09

Rocktiludrop
Stoneage
Rocktiludrop
Stoneage

Yeah I'm not a people person, some posters kill it for me, takes away the spirit of this band, Rock & Roll even, old farts with nothing in common with Mick and Keith or their music, the negativity, people doubting Mick and Keith on their own words, if you can't take their word on how the music is laid out then where do you go, no nothing smart asses 're-writing the history books, well actually only as far as the internet tells them.
I must add this isn't targeted at you, it's a generalisation and i actually thought your Hjalmar Soderberg quote was brilliant and to some degree applies to so many people on social media today.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 31, 2021 16:38

About Keith being violent, I recently read/saw an interview of a recording engineer where he said that some exec showed up in Montserrat and told Keith that "Mixed Emotions" needed some editing...at which point Keith apparently told the guy no one told the Stones how to write a song and pulled out a large knife and tossed it between the dude's feet !

EDIT - ok so apparently this story is in "Life" but I can't say I remembered it, the name of the exec (that escapes me now) was not in the book though. Let me try to find that interview again.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-31 16:40 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 31, 2021 16:48

gotdablouse
About Keith being violent, I recently read/saw an interview of a recording engineer where he said that some exec showed up in Montserrat and told Keith that "Mixed Emotions" needed some editing...at which point Keith apparently told the guy no one told the Stones how to write a song and pulled out a large knife and tossed it between the dude's feet !

EDIT - ok so apparently this story is in "Life" but I can't say I remembered it, the name of the exec (that escapes me now) was not in the book though. Let me try to find that interview again.

Christopher Marc Potter or Rupert Coulson?

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: May 31, 2021 17:23

Keith is a “badass” because he’s always had a bodyguard lurking in the shadows.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 31, 2021 17:36

DandelionPowderman
gotdablouse

Christopher Marc Potter or Rupert Coulson?

Yeah would have to be one or the other, but the name of the exec is not in Keith's bio and I read/saw it in that recent interview and it seemed familiar, I'd probably recognize it again if I saw it but no luck so far !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 31, 2021 17:48

rbk

True!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 31, 2021 18:35

rbk

When going into less desirable parts of town to score dope?

Nate

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home