Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick & Ronnie - London, 5/21
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 27, 2021 00:15

Taylor1
Do Keith and Mick ever hang out socially anymore, or just for band work and business

Just band & business

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: May 27, 2021 00:45

Big Al
Rocktiludrop
Big Al
Paul Weller is another one who realised he had a drinking habit that was spiralling dangerously out of control. He joined the teetotal club and looks much better for it.

About a decade ago, a woman I was very briefly involved with, met him for a drink. I was a little worried, but thought it cool that the modfather and me shared interest in the same person. >grinning smiley<

Wow , that's a great claim to fame.smileys with beer

And utterly surreal, considering I was going through a real Paul Weller phase at the time. The person I was involved with had absolutely no idea who he was, other than that he’d disclosed he was ‘in music’ I don’t think she really ‘got it’, even after I’d explained to her! They didn’t actually get on, if I recollect. Then again, we didn’t see each-other after that, either. She soon married her Australian ex and ended contact!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-27 10:17 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 27, 2021 01:01

I went out with Harvey Mandel's ex for a time back in the 90s. Then he called her and they got back together. Not even a courtesy call to me. Bitch.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 27, 2021 03:42

The snake is mightier than the sword ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 27, 2021 04:52

NilsHolgersson
swimtothemoon
Hard to tell for sure - but it looks as if Mick is running out the door.

And he's almost 78 like Joe Biden.. wow
Biden looks and sounds dead

Date: May 27, 2021 05:55

Well Rockman, what could I say anyway? What kind of a competitor would I be with someone who auditioned for the Rolling Stones? Plus, he gets better weed than me. Gotta keep your priorities straight, I don't really blame the girl.

jb

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: May 27, 2021 12:39

And now waiting for what Keith would put in his head,he has no hair anymore,so Maybee they put some bells om his ears,some jingle jangle gypsyrubys

Date: May 27, 2021 12:44

harlem shuffle
And now waiting for what Keith would put in his head,he has no hair anymore,so Maybee they put some bells om his ears,some jingle jangle gypsyrubys

Why the hate?

Date: May 27, 2021 13:38

Hate for what?Just responding about Jaggers dying hair.So is that what you would call hate,then i think you got a bigger problem than me

Date: May 27, 2021 14:04

harlem shuffle
Hate for what?Just responding about Jaggers dying hair.So is that what you would call hate,then i think you got a bigger problem than me

But you're not responding to anything. The posts above yours are about auditioning guitarists for the Stones, Biden etc.

And, yes, your comments about Keith are indeed hateful.

Ronnie - 5/27
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 27, 2021 14:47

Hooray for the sunshine!

[twitter.com]

Date: May 27, 2021 17:08

If you really can read Dandelion Powderman,tale a look at what Rip this wrote.
And don,t come up with these hate comments again

Date: May 27, 2021 17:14

harlem shuffle
If you really can read Dandelion Powderman,tale a look at what Rip this wrote.
And don,t come up with these hate comments again

I don't see any comments from Rip This on this page - hence you're not replying to his post (or at least it's impossible for anyone to understand that you did).

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 27, 2021 21:15

^^

Rip made a one-line comment/joke about Mick's hair-dye.

I think Harlem mis-typed "in" instead of "on" and was trying to make a joke about Keith's hair-dye and/or lack of hair.

I agree that it was hard to know he was replying to Rip....

I took your "why the hate" reply in a half-joking voice and as light-hearted....I believe it was misinterpreted.

I think it's all a big misunderstanding. Which is why I always recommend smiley icons when making jokes and/or lighthearted comments.

On this topic: Mick's hair dye has always been funny to me...same w/ most old-dudes.....but, Mick's a rock star, so I understand completely why he does it. He almost HAS to. I'd bet he had hair-plugs too...which I also understand and would do myself if I were a rock star (I'm 98% certain Slash of Gn'R had the plugs...rightfully so...his hair is a huge part of his image)

Not sure why Keef went back to the dye. I felt the gray was a good look.

Ronnie's a goof....his hair looks great and I think the dye-job is better for him too.

Just my opinion...I'm old, balding and gray...and have accepted it by cutting my hair off and telling the world "here's my head...deal w/ it"

cheers to all.

smileys with beer

Date: May 28, 2021 00:37

Something has gone terrible wrong with you Dandelion Powderman,calling me a hater no matter what i write.Am i on holy ground for you?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 28, 2021 01:18

Just seen the post from bbj with the tweet from Ronnie.

So good to see him looking great and just listening to what he says about the sunshine here in London area.

It does make you feel better in all respects.

Go Ronnie ,Go,Go,Go. smileys with beer

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 28, 2021 01:22

DandelionPowderman
harlem shuffle

Why the hate?

Just a suggestion that the OP was jesting about Keith's penchant for putting fishhooks, etc. in what is left of his once glorious hair. I didn't read it as hateful. Keith is cool, I think we all agree on that.

Date: May 28, 2021 02:49

>Keith is cool, I think we all agree on that.

Pretty much remains the epitome of kool, I think most would agree on that!

jb

Date: May 28, 2021 08:55

bleedingman
DandelionPowderman
harlem shuffle

Why the hate?

Just a suggestion that the OP was jesting about Keith's penchant for putting fishhooks, etc. in what is left of his once glorious hair. I didn't read it as hateful. Keith is cool, I think we all agree on that.

That would have been nice. Unfortunately, all of his posts are like this one, no matter the context.

Date: May 28, 2021 09:35

harlem shuffle
Something has gone terrible wrong with you Dandelion Powderman,calling me a hater no matter what i write.Am i on holy ground for you?

Let's put it this way: You certainly have the right to post negative, spiteful and rather vicious comments about an individual every time you post here. No one is stopping you.

However, you're on a Rolling Stones-board, and, not surprisingly, I too have the right to say what I think about your posts.

It would have been the same if you posted about others than Keith, whether it be other band members or fellow IORR-posters.

Would you have dared to say those things in person?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-28 09:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: May 28, 2021 09:57

It must be clear to anyone who goes back and reads through harlem shuffles posts that he has been a hater and utterly negative towards Keith. But he doesn't give any comment or opinion to explain the hate, it's 100% personal without explanation or reason, just going through his posts, he's constantly insulting towards various posters but with no arguments to back up the one sided insults, it's beyond negative and out of place on a Rolling Stones can club.

Date: May 28, 2021 10:37

..... maybe harlem 's the guy
Keith clocked over the head with his guitar ... ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 28, 2021 11:27

Rockman

Twelve points ...

Date: May 28, 2021 11:28

Rockman

Lol

Date: May 28, 2021 12:21

Dandelion Powderman you Asked me if i dared to say what i mean about you?The answer for that is yes,whenever you want,wherever you want.
I think what,s been happen here for the last ten years,have been an total attack against Jagger for almost everything he does and has done.But for you,re precious Keith everything is only nice and fine,no matter what he say or does.
And you Are one of the worst about that sort of things.
Alsow you try to tell everyone that Brian Jones has almost no influence in The Stones.So if you try to scare me off,pick up a meeting place,i,ll be there.
Anyway in june/ july i will probably go to Oslo for a few days,so just tell me what you asking for.

Date: May 28, 2021 12:44

Hahhahaa

Date: May 28, 2021 12:48

harlem shuffle
Dandelion Powderman you Asked me if i dared to say what i mean about you?The answer for that is yes,whenever you want,wherever you want.
I think what,s been happen here for the last ten years,have been an total attack against Jagger for almost everything he does and has done.But for you,re precious Keith everything is only nice and fine,no matter what he say or does.
And you Are one of the worst about that sort of things.
Alsow you try to tell everyone that Brian Jones has almost no influence in The Stones.So if you try to scare me off,pick up a meeting place,i,ll be there.
Anyway in june/ july i will probably go to Oslo for a few days,so just tell me what you asking for.

I'd be happy to buy you a beer in Oslo in June, although I was referring to your anti-Keith campaign when I asked if you would have dared to say those things in person. You shouldn't write stuff about individuals that you wouldn't dare to tell them to their faces. I can take crap like that, personally smiling smiley

However, I think you are misunderstanding many things here. And, no, I don't think Brian Jones had "almost no influence" in the Stones. The Brian era is my favourite era! I'm not "the worst" in any way to "attack Jagger". Why would you assume that?

My point with calling you out (as I've also tried numerous times) was to include you in discussions here on IORR, instead of merely spewing hatred for one individual member of the band: discussions about music and our favourite band.

It's never too late to join.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-28 12:53 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 28, 2021 13:11

Heck ! .... you two guys could become
great drinking mates and turn on us all .....

but hey cheers to ya both ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 28, 2021 13:24

Ok Dandelion Powderman you Are not amongst the worst here,not at all.
Sorry for that,but don,t call me a hater of Keith,i have never been that.
But my maybee spewing comments here,are all som furiness about thousands of comments about Jagger.
It does have nothing to do with his records,some persons have a lot of antiJagger hatred comments about Jagger as a person.
I don,t Even like so Munch of his soloalbums,exept for Wandering Spirit.
But i feel lots of people trash Jagger almost everyday with a lot of hatred comments.
Not so much lately,But for a long period,almost daily.
So yes we can take a beer or three,and talks Stones

Date: May 28, 2021 13:30

harlem shuffle
Ok Dandelion Powderman you Are not amongst the worst here,not at all.
Sorry for that,but don,t call me a hater of Keith,i have never been that.
But my maybee spewing comments here,are all som furiness about thousands of comments about Jagger.
It does have nothing to do with his records,some persons have a lot of antiJagger hatred comments about Jagger as a person.
I don,t Even like so Munch of his soloalbums,exept for Wandering Spirit.
But i feel lots of people trash Jagger almost everyday with a lot of hatred comments.
Not so much lately,But for a long period,almost daily.
So yes we can take a beer or three,and talks Stones

I can understand that.

And, yes indeed - call me up! smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home