Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jim Callaghan on BBC's Antiques Roadshow
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 23, 2021 20:18

‘Praise the Lord!’ Antiques Roadshow guest staggered by valuation of rock memorabilia

THE ANTIQUES ROADSHOW saw a guest left stunned recently after uncovering the true value of his rock memorabilia collection during the BBC show.

By Olivia Gantzer
May 23, 2021

BBC

[www.express.co.uk]

Re: Jim Callaghan on BBC's Antiques Roadshow
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 23, 2021 20:47

Nice one bbj. thumbs up

He knows all the bits and pieces he has are worth a lot of money.

I bet Matt Lee wouldn't mind getting hold of some of his memorabilia if Jim is in need of a few quid. smiling smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 23, 2021 20:51

Nice story. Just goes to show that, for us fans of the band, those boxes filled with Stones tour booklets, t-shirts, posters, songbooks, etc., moldering away in the attic/garage, might be worth something. Lord knows I have a bunch of Stones related stuff packed away.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 23, 2021 21:10

Sure, but do remember there are few items that collects big money. And it's often the signatures that makes a difference.
In this case double signatures. The keyword is rare. If it's not rare - don't bother.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 23, 2021 22:15

Interesting to see he's planning on writing a book. That could be quite a read!

A bit disheartening to see him looking old but he looks to be in good health. A good guy.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 23, 2021 23:49

He will no doubt have signed confidentiality documents whilst working for the Stones,so I wouldn’t expect any major revelations.Maybe he might spill the beans on those tickets he acquired and how he got rid of them.And maybe why he is no longer working for the organisation.Lol.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 24, 2021 09:37

Here is a download of the clip:
[we.tl]

Yes I suspect Jim wasn't as "shocked" at the values as the Daily Express makes out, but I was interested to hear the valuer say that some of those posters are worth a few hundred quid unsigned, as most were 1990s onwards. I don't really believe it, but if it's true I'm going rummaging in my loft...

syrel

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 24, 2021 10:30

Very nice, thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Jim Callaghan on BBC's Antiques Roadshow
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 24, 2021 18:52

This Thread has been closed

Online Users