Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT 6 new old Tragically Hip songs
Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: May 22, 2021 04:48

From 1990 and never released till now. All really good. Dual guitars on 'Ouch' reminds me of early Keith/Ron weaving. You just don't hear that anymore.

Saskadelphia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-22 04:50 by Markdog.

Re: OT 6 new old Tragically Hip songs
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2021 05:47

Markdog
From 1990 and never released till now. All really good. Dual guitars on 'Ouch' reminds me of early Keith/Ron weaving. You just don't hear that anymore.

Saskadelphia

smileys with beer look forward to it!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 22, 2021 11:13

I went to my local record store yesterday & they didn't have it in their system yet. Can't wait, I miss the Hip.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 22, 2021 13:08

In Gord We Trust. After their final tour in 2016, I was at Massey Hall in Feb 2017 to see Blue Rodeo (another Canadian band). Final song of the encore, Gord walks out and the entire building lost it’s collective mind. They played Lost Together and everyone sang at the top of our lungs. Much cheering and weeping followed. It was his last time on stage.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 22, 2021 21:58

Hip are one of those bands that got so much radio airplay back in the 90s that I can pretty much sing along to all their hits even though I don't have the album! CF0X in Vancouver played them constantly. Love Blue Rodeo, too bad they didn't get big outside of Canada!

Date: May 22, 2021 22:08

DGA35
Hip are one of those bands that got so much radio airplay back in the 90s that I can pretty much sing along to all their hits even though I don't have the album! CF0X in Vancouver played them constantly. Love Blue Rodeo, too bad they didn't get big outside of Canada!

I think Ahead By A Century is my fave of their tunes.

Date: May 22, 2021 23:20

Ahead By A Century was their last song played at their final concert. For those in The Rest Of The World who don’t know what the Hip meant to Canada, they did a final tour after Gord Downie was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. The last show, in their hometown of Kingston, was televised without commercials on the CBC and there were listening parties all over Canada, including outside the concert venue in Kingston, and at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto where they played many of their epic early gigs (that’s the place with the checkerboard floors referenced in Bobcaygeon). Here’s what that looked like:

The documentary of that last tour, Long Time Running, includes the following from band mate Rob Baker:

“I received a letter from a musician in Philadelphia. He followed the band for years, and he watched the last concert by himself. He bawled his eyes out. He said, ‘Rock’n’roll and bands are like hot air balloons that go up. If you’re really lucky, you get up to the jetstream and you travel really far and you see a lot. But at the end, you’re going to come crashing down. There’s always a bad end for a band.’ He said, ‘I’ve never seen a band—especially after a 30-year journey—land the balloon safely. They landed the balloon, and it was glorious. And everyone was there to cheer when it landed.’

Heartbreaking and beautiful. Thanks for the ‘new’ tunes gents.

Date: May 22, 2021 23:39

Pretty emotional stuff...thanks STG.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 24, 2021 20:27

SomeTorontoGirl
Ahead By A Century was their last song played at their final concert. For those in The Rest Of The World who don’t know what the Hip meant to Canada, they did a final tour after Gord Downie was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. The last show, in their hometown of Kingston, was televised without commercials on the CBC and there were listening parties all over Canada, including outside the concert venue in Kingston, and at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto where they played many of their epic early gigs (that’s the place with the checkerboard floors referenced in Bobcaygeon). Here’s what that looked like:

The documentary of that last tour, Long Time Running, includes the following from band mate Rob Baker:

“I received a letter from a musician in Philadelphia. He followed the band for years, and he watched the last concert by himself. He bawled his eyes out. He said, ‘Rock’n’roll and bands are like hot air balloons that go up. If you’re really lucky, you get up to the jetstream and you travel really far and you see a lot. But at the end, you’re going to come crashing down. There’s always a bad end for a band.’ He said, ‘I’ve never seen a band—especially after a 30-year journey—land the balloon safely. They landed the balloon, and it was glorious. And everyone was there to cheer when it landed.’

Heartbreaking and beautiful. Thanks for the ‘new’ tunes gents.

I got a little misty myself watching the last concert. We get a Canadian TV station in Seattle, so got to watch it live. Bought the blu-ray, has the best concert sound I've heard on a concert video. The new record is awesome. Short but sweet.

Date: June 5, 2021 00:01

Video is out for Ouch. Features Rick Mercer and Jay Baruchel.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 6, 2021 05:03

Saw the hip in Cheektowaga in 1991 near the buffalo airport. Been hooked since

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 7, 2021 06:36

black n blue
Saw the hip in Cheektowaga in 1991 near the buffalo airport. Been hooked since

Sinbads? Blind Mellon?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home