Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Claudine--Emotional Rescue
Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: December 18, 2021 03:47

It would work well on the soundtrack of a Hallmark TV move.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 18, 2021 06:51

24FPS
yearsinthemaking
I was listening to the Emotional Rescue album (quite underrated) and I was trying to remember what song was added when they decided at the last minute to leave off "Claudine"? I can remember some radio broadcast at the time saying that the Stones were worried about legal troubles from Claudine Longet but I don't recall the replacement song. My suspicion is "Indian Girl" Any ideas?

I thought Lies replaced Claudine on Some Girls. If you replace Lies with Claudine it makes a stronger album.

That's odd saying such a boring song replacing a rip roaring song would make the album "stronger".

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 18, 2021 09:40

doitywoik
Lynd8
Wonder if we'll ever get a deluxe ER??

Is there enough reasonable stuff left for that after the SG and TY deluxe releases?

Stop that [youtu.be]
Not the way to go [youtu.be]
What's the Matter [youtu.be]
I need You [youtu.be]
Eliza Upchink [youtu.be]
She Never Listen to Me [youtu.be]
Cooking Up [youtu.be]
Misty Roads [youtu.be]
Lonely at the top [youtu.be]
Guess i should know [youtu.be]
Munich Hilton [youtu.be]
Jah is not dead [youtu.be]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-18 11:40 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: December 18, 2021 14:05

yearsinthemaking
I was listening to the Emotional Rescue album (quite underrated) and I was trying to remember what song was added when they decided at the last minute to leave off "Claudine"? I can remember some radio broadcast at the time saying that the Stones were worried about legal troubles from Claudine Longet but I don't recall the replacement song. My suspicion is "Indian Girl" Any ideas?

Did they replace it with any song? Maybe it would've been an 11 track album?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 18, 2021 14:22

bitusa2012
jbwelda
It sure woulda beat Indian Girl.

jb

I love Indian Girl.

Me too, Indian Girl is a far better song.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 18, 2021 14:32

some people are just never satisfied...they are all good....love that we have them finally.....hope they release more....of anything.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: December 18, 2021 19:37

It is far better than Summer Romance which may have replaced it.

But I think of it as a SG out-takes.

Lies is the most replaceable track on that album but not sure how Claudine would have worked there in its place.

Certainly has more substance.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: December 18, 2021 21:28

yearsinthemaking
On ER I can only say that for me it is one of the best albums of the Stones. I love it !
As I also love Voodoo Lounge, another underrated album ... and possibly the band's last great album.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 19, 2021 14:59

The only song that "Claudine", preferably the bootleg version (if there is only one), to me an ecstatically compelling song, could have substituted on the great EMOTIONAL RESCUE album, would be a song to some degree of the same type, liberally understood. That is, it "must" be "Let Me Go". To me even the most moderate among so many great or very good songs. ("She's So Cold" is untouchable if anyone would name that one.)

On SOME GIRLS I don't know. I can't in any way let "Lies" go. It would have to be "Respectable". But then I am in doubt about the resulting balance of songs.

In each case, not for a replaced song to "disappear", but to be a part of a B-side of some single or maxi.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 19, 2021 15:44

Back then, all I ever heard is that Claudine had to be left off ER because they feared a lawsuit due to its controverse lyrics. There was no talk that I could recall that it had to be left off SG, so it's rather pointless to discuss which song from SG may have replaced it.

Concerning SG, I remember seeing a provisional tracklist published somewhere that included I Need You that was indeed left off (and curiously not even appeared on SG Deluxe - or TY Deluxe, for that matter). But NOT Claudine. At least that's how I remember this tracklist and the corresponding article that I unfortunately don't have at hand. Maybe some better organized IORR member could help us out?

Posted by: JohnnySnapps ()
Date: December 19, 2021 17:35

just found this little interview clip from 1980:

[www.cbc.ca]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home