Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What version of Jumping Jack Flash is THIS?
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: May 19, 2021 11:48

Never ever heard or seen before...

It´s at 27:00
[www.youtube.com]

Re: What version of Jumping Jack Flash is THIS?
Date: May 19, 2021 11:55

RawIguanaCologne

[www.youtube.com]

They made two videos back then. This is the other one. Musically, they're slightly different as well.

Date: May 19, 2021 12:01

DandelionPowderman
RawIguanaCologne

[www.youtube.com]

They made two videos back then. This is the other one. Musically, they're slightly different as well.

I´d say a LOT different!!!
Very very interesting!
Anyone knows more about that?
I mean, because the single record wouldn't´t have been the same too - big difference!

Date: May 19, 2021 12:44

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 19, 2021 14:42

A raw studio recording done to give the impression they were playing live in the b&w video.

Date: May 19, 2021 15:07

His Majesty
A raw studio recording done to give the impression they were playing live in the b&w video.

With some extra vocals and a slightly different (more sloppy) intro?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 19, 2021 15:33

DandelionPowderman

With some extra vocals and a slightly different (more sloppy) intro?

Yes, overdubs for sure. Main guitars are Keith x 2 imo.

I doubt Brian is audible on this. Or better to say, what he is shown miming is not heard clearly. He plays/mimes much the same part that he would play later for The Rock & Roll Circus.

Basic riff with B chord for da-daa, then using open string for the main da-da-daa da-da-daa part, strummed bar/power chords during chorus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-19 15:34 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 19, 2021 15:35

DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

Cheers, man! I haven't listened this version for some time, and bloody hell what a sledge hammer it is! One can hear how inspired they all are, and especially Keith knowing that he has a big gun in his hands now. I sometimes feel that the finished single version, no matter how perfect and wonderfully arranged it is (with that hypnotic groove), somehow downplays the true nature of the master riff, like it comes a bit too clean and thin (but probably more radio-friendly). A similar (slight) problem in ROCK&ROLL CIRCUS as well - sounds like Keith still being a bit scary of how effective the riff really is and holding his horses.... But I still recall when I listened for the first time YA-YA'S version, and, oh man, that killer of a riff in its full glory blew my mind...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-19 15:41 by Doxa.

Date: May 21, 2021 16:35

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

Cheers, man! I haven't listened this version for some time, and bloody hell what a sledge hammer it is! One can hear how inspired they all are, and especially Keith knowing that he has a big gun in his hands now. I sometimes feel that the finished single version, no matter how perfect and wonderfully arranged it is (with that hypnotic groove), somehow downplays the true nature of the master riff, like it comes a bit too clean and thin (but probably more radio-friendly). A similar (slight) problem in ROCK&ROLL CIRCUS as well - sounds like Keith still being a bit scary of how effective the riff really is and holding his horses.... But I still recall when I listened for the first time YA-YA'S version, and, oh man, that killer of a riff in its full glory blew my mind...

- Doxa

DOXA: Thanks a lot, these to me are very interesting thoughts!! Keep on!! Quotes like this are the reason I dig dorr.org!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home