Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Ronnie & Rod meet again after Covid
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 19, 2021 05:08

tiffanyblu
Is that a new haircut?

[www.facebook.com]

If Stones tour tomorrow Mick will demand Ronnie wears a black rooster wig and maybe one of Micks 1990s fedoras.
Ronnie said to Rod after cancer #2 --- "Its good to be anywhere"

-- OK Joking!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-19 05:12 by triceratops.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2021 21:39

crawdaddy
Best Wishes to Ronnie and his family, and I'm sure all will be fine with his health.
He will be up and running by the time The Stones go live and back on stage.

God Bless You Ronnie.smileys with beer

Positive thoughts for Ronnie during his recovery, and wishing him and his family the very best! thumbs up

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 20, 2021 23:00

"If hugging you is wrong, I don't want to be right! Rod Stewart joyously embraces old friend Ronnie Wood as months of lockdown restrictions end and celebs FINALLY paint the town red..."

=> Daily Mail

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 20, 2021 23:11

at least he looks happy and in good spirits

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 21, 2021 21:27

ProfessorWolf
at least he looks happy and in good spirits

Yes, he certainly does. thumbs up

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 22, 2021 00:49

Ronnie looks like he actually has some flesh on his bones, which is nice to see. Rodney looks pretty good too, and of course the ladies. But I think Woody looks remarkable well for what he has been through.

jb

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 23, 2021 01:59

you know i after sitting on it a while kinda like his new hair style its fun and wierd i like fun and wierd

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 23, 2021 02:19

jbwelda
Ronnie looks like he actually has some flesh on his bones, ...

Prednisolone?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 23, 2021 03:48

doitywoik
jbwelda

Prednisolone?

What? Did you just pull any drug out of the air? Geez

Date: May 23, 2021 04:42

I thought he sneezed.

jb

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 23, 2021 05:51

Cooltoplady
doitywoik
jbwelda

Prednisolone?

People are strange. I thought the same thing. Bazaar

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: May 23, 2021 13:06

More Hot Rocks
Cooltoplady
doitywoik
jbwelda

Prednisolone?

Prednisone can make people gain weight, often where it isn't wanted. Therefore, not strange at all. Possible.

Date: May 23, 2021 15:24

StonedAsiaExile
More Hot Rocks
Cooltoplady
doitywoik
jbwelda

Prednisolone?

Prednisone can make people gain weight, often where it isn't wanted. Therefore, not strange at all. Possible.

So does methadone and hundreds of drugs. And this one gets picked out of the air Yeah strange how people throw crap at the wall and wait for one to stick.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: May 23, 2021 16:17

It is great to see a smile on Ronnie's face after all he has been through. He has great spirit. He did quit smoking I hope.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: May 24, 2021 13:56

MisterO
It is great to see a smile on Ronnie's face after all he has been through. He has great spirit. He did quit smoking I hope.

Yeah he stopped smoking before he got the first lung cancer, strange how when some life long smokers stop that the cancer shortly follows, i wonder if old bodies don't like change or shock to the system. Once you get to 70, you know 54 years of heavy smoking it's a bit late, the damage has already been done, and stopping might aggravate the system.
Having said that my friend has the same SCLC as Ronnie and has never smoked.

Same with life long drinkers, can't believe how many become sick or die after they stop drinking.

Don't try this at home though folks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-24 14:06 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: May 24, 2021 19:17

Many addicts continue their ways until it is over obvious it is killing them. By then the damage is done, they quit, but still the damage is done and the ultimate result of that damage soon follows. Hope Ronnie avoids that and looks like he is doing ok, but of course time waits for no one.

jb

Date: May 25, 2021 00:51

jbwelda
Many addicts continue their ways until it is over obvious it is killing them. By then the damage is done, they quit, but still the damage is done and the ultimate result of that damage soon follows. Hope Ronnie avoids that and looks like he is doing ok, but of course time waits for no one.

jb

Only a third of alcoholics get liver disease, so heavy drinking is a gamble, not so much a gamble if you have weeks when you don't drink so your liver recovers.

Not sure Ronnie was ever a alcoholic in the true meaning of the word, he never missed a show, didn't even trip over and fall on stage, i can show you alcoholics, they don't look like Ronnie did in his 60s.

I think Ronnie surrounded himself with people that convinced him he was an alcoholic, i looked at Ronnie as an enviable drinker, he was in great shape for his age before he stopped, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-25 01:11 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 25, 2021 01:27

Rocktiludrop
jbwelda

jb

Only a third of alcoholics get liver disease, so heavy drinking is a gamble, not so much a gamble if you have weeks when you don't drink so your liver recovers.

Not sure Ronnie was ever a alcoholic in the true meaning of the word, he never missed a show, didn't even trip over and fall on stage, i can show you alcoholics, they don't look like Ronnie did in his 60s.

I think Ronnie surrounded himself with people that convinced him he was an alcoholic, i looked at Ronnie as an enviable drinker, he was in great shape for his age before he stopped, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

Many, many functioning alcoholics in the world.
Sure, there are degrees, progressions of alcoholism, like any disease,

But make no mistake, the way Ronnie has worked a program and speaks of his recovery, he is an alcoholic. His judgement to make via a "first step" in the program he's in, no one else's.

Date: May 25, 2021 01:29

Rocktiludrop
jbwelda

jb

This has to be the most ignorant comment I ever read. How dare say that. A true meaning of the word? Youre sick.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 25, 2021 01:32

Just saw this.. little confused as to wether this was the same day/event as with Rod, but GREAT to see Mick hanging with Ronnie, having a night out it seems.

(Bottle of wine Ronnie leaving with is likely a gift I'm betting)

Mick Jagger puts on a VERY animated display as he enjoys boys' night out with fellow Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood and Spandau Ballet's Gary Kemp

Mick Jagger could barely contain his excitement on Friday when he enjoyed a boys' night out with his fellow Rolling Stones bandmate Ronnie Wood as well as Spandau Ballet's Gary Kemp.

Sir Mick, 77, put on an animated display as he left Mayfair's popular Harry's Bar ahead of the weekend, flashing photographers his tongue as he hopped out of the venue looking typically stylish in pinstripe trousers and a black-and-white shirt that featured a TV static print.

The doting father was followed by rocker Ronnie, 73, and Gary, 61.
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: May 25, 2021 01:43

Cooltoplady
Rocktiludrop
jbwelda

jb

This has to be the most ignorant comment I ever read. How dare say that. A true meaning of the word? Youre sick.

A heavy drinker is one thing, alcoholics tend to smell , piss themselves, don't show up for work and end up all alone and in the gutter.
I'm just saying I put Ronnie in the heavy drinking category, these days you're an alcoholic if you drink a few beers each day, its getting ridiculous.

Date: May 25, 2021 01:45

Well, there are alcoholics and then there are drinkers who can handle it and lead a pretty stable life. Its just that they are rare. Ronnie seems to be one of them, and at least at some point he found it was hurting him more than helping, and quit. Although I think I recall more than one attempt, but whatever, that is his business and I congratulate him on whatever level of sobriety he attains and maintains, especially if he wants to do it. Remember, probably alcohol problems were a pretty low priority when it came to him actually straightening out his life, to whatever extent he did. There were much more pressing problems like cocaine addiction and who knows what else (I heard rumors of PCP there somewhere). All this shit leaves a scar on your life and on your body, and over the years the damage gets done no matter what they do to "recover".

So, my point is he is looking pretty good and I hope he keeps on feeling better. I am just wondering if he is really strong enough to go out on the road and with the temptations that come with it. That applies to all of them, actually, save maybe Darrell and some of the accompaniment. Its a simple fact that the body breaks down over time, and the regimen these guys have put themselves through for a long time now does have its physical consequences. And they do catch up with you.

jb

Date: May 25, 2021 01:58

doitywoik
jbwelda

Prednisolone?

Would he be on Prennisolone due to high calcium levels ?

Another reason his face and eyes look puffy might be because of poor kidney function due to Chemo.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 25, 2021 02:40

Rocktiludrop,

You are so far off with your comments on this, with all due respect.
Your stereotypes went out some decades ago among alcohol counselors, researchers, and alcoholics.
Maybe do some reading on the topic.

Ronnie = an alchoholic, one who stopped drinking.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 25, 2021 03:12

angee
Rocktiludrop,

Your stereotypes went out some decades ago among alcohol counselors, researchers, and alcoholics.

I know plenty on the subject, there are drinkers who develop problems through drinking, mood swings, anger, relationship problems, then there are full blown alcoholics, but between the two extremes there are so many different levels of ( problem drinkers ) alcoholics, in a way you are correct, what was once considered a party animal is now seen as an alcoholic, i personally knew so many alcoholics that have died long before they reach 50, i don't consider Ronnie or Keith as anything like them. Ronnie always stopped when he wanted to, unfortunately people i consider alcoholics can't do that.
What I'm saying is that anyone these days with a problem drinking is seen as an alcoholic, when so often those people sort out their issues and often go back to being social drinkers, or if they prefer like Ronnie they stop altogether, doesn't make them an alcoholic though, people go through tough times in life and drink can become a bigger part of their life at that period, but so many people do cut back when they feel the time is right.

I think what happened to Ronnie is he just got too old to pull it off, it happens, but from what I could see following his rock and roll lifestyle, he had a good time with it, unfortunately it just got messy for him in his 60s , its a young man game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-25 03:19 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: May 25, 2021 03:16

>Ronnie always stopped when he wanted to

You don't know that, cannot believe the press releases, he may struggle with it every day. Known my share of alcoholics and most of them are dead now too, way before their time, but I got to know them pretty well and could see the behaviour for what it was, self destructive. Ronnie seems good and all, but you never know and our man here has a history of being somewhat, well, off kilter at times.

jb

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: May 25, 2021 04:41

I really don't think Ronnie looks all that good. I hope and pray he has beaten it, but the latest pic has me doubting that.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: May 25, 2021 05:30

Big Al
Maybe it’s because Penny Lancaster is a tall woman, but Rod and Ronnie appear to be so short!

Well, the band was the SMALL Faces before just Faces.

T@3

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: May 25, 2021 05:38

Rocktiludrop
angee
Rocktiludrop,

I know plenty on the subject, there are drinkers who develop problems through drinking, mood swings, anger, relationship problems, then there are full blown alcoholics, but between the two extremes there are so many different levels of ( problem drinkers ) alcoholics, in a way you are correct, what was once considered a party animal is now seen as an alcoholic, i personally knew so many alcoholics that have died long before they reach 50, i don't consider Ronnie or Keith as anything like them. Ronnie always stopped when he wanted to, unfortunately people i consider alcoholics can't do that.
What I'm saying is that anyone these days with a problem drinking is seen as an alcoholic, when so often those people sort out their issues and often go back to being social drinkers, or if they prefer like Ronnie they stop altogether, doesn't make them an alcoholic though, people go through tough times in life and drink can become a bigger part of their life at that period, but so many people do cut back when they feel the time is right.

I think what happened to Ronnie is he just got too old to pull it off, it happens, but from what I could see following his rock and roll lifestyle, he had a good time with it, unfortunately it just got messy for him in his 60s , its a young man game.

My father was (is) an alcoholic. He went 50+ years of drinking before he got sober. I can tell you right now, he would have been dead in five years if he hadn't stopped. He was 75 then and hit 90 last year.

He had plenty of "issues" but addressing one's issues doesn't cure you of being an alcoholic; it just means you're an alcoholic who has fewer issues.

T@3

Date: May 25, 2021 06:49

The world is not black and white, Rocktiludrop. I'm sorry people you knew passed before turning 50, that's very sad, but it doesn't change the fact that alcoholism doesn't fit in a tidy box.

I find your comments extremely tone-deaf and offensive. If Ronnie felt the need to seek intervention for his drinking habits/problem, then clearly he felt he had a problem. And I'm sure people around him pointed out issues that came with his alcoholism-- it's rare that people wake up one day and decide, "Gee, I don't want to chug this anymore" without the push of loved ones. It's not impossible, but it is rare. And your generalization of alcoholics...! I'm not even going to try to touch that one.

Anyway, I'm glad Ronnie got to meet up with Mick and Rod! I can't imagine how they all feel.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2053
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home