Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones and Sirius
Posted by: illyad1960 ()
Date: May 18, 2021 02:56

I have Sirius radio and enjoy the experience. Note how The Beatles, Springsteen and Tom Petty all have their own channel for their music and the music that influence them. My question is the obvious one: Why don't the Stones have their own music channel on Sirius? If their musical canon is not enough, certainly the music that influenced them would make quite a play list. So...why don't the stones have their own channel?

Re: The Stones and Sirius
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 18, 2021 03:33

At the beginning of the pandemic the Stones had a channel on sirius starting on 04/29/2020. We knew it was not going to last for a long time and it eventually stopped. If I remember correctly the Stones had a channel on sirius many years ago but it was cancelled. No explanation was given.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 18, 2021 04:09

Good question as a Stones channel could bring in so many different genres of music to show from where they developed parts of their sound, their changes over the years, and how their musical style has influenced others. I subscribe to Sirius/XM but must admit I don't listen to it like I once did. A few years ago they eliminated a channel called The Loft which played a wide variety of music. It was on in my house constantly. Even though Sirius has added multiple channels, many of them are blehh. The Loft was akin to free form FM of the late 1960s, early 1970s which hearkened back to AM radio in the 1960s that played a wide variety of music as the pop charts carried a number of popular songs from many genres. Now, we are all to be homogenized, compartmentalized, generalized into our listening experience. Dang.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 18, 2021 04:52

I think the Spectrum on Sirius is a very good channel. I have discovered musicians through that channel that I would not have kown otherwise like War on drugs, Michael Kiwanuka, Caamp, Lord Huron, Ragandbone man etc.. I miss a good Stones channel for sure.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1350
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home