Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Interview with Stephen Stills
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 15, 2021 17:44

Nice short read. Oh, to know, various rock/music histories, how this or that managed to get recorded.

[www.uncut.co.uk]

Re: OT: Interview with Stephen Stills
Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: May 16, 2021 00:56

Thanks for sharing.
I always thought of CSN as the polar opposite of the Stones -- no humor, no swing and no fun to party with.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: May 16, 2021 18:18

Neil Young is one of my favourite artists of all-time. For me he occupies a spot just a tier below Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones. I think his run of LPs between Everybody Knows this is Nowhere and Rust Never Sleeps is unparalleled in the annals of Rock n' Roll.

As for CSN...well I do enjoy some of their music and occasionally will play 4 Way Street or dive into the 1974 boxed set I picked up a few years back.

Stills' Manassas LP is pretty good. Can't say I am much of a fan of Nash or Crosby, although I did enjoy the documentary on Crosby more than I thought I would. It didn't really make me like him much more though.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 16, 2021 21:35

He doesn't talk about the time Keith showed him the blade.... smoking smiley

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 17, 2021 00:53

Yeah, never good quite stomach CSN. They seem very pompous, arrogant, self righteous to me. Hopefully they are not!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 17, 2021 21:46

JimmyTheSaint
Can't say I am much of a fan of Nash or Crosby, although I did enjoy the documentary on Crosby more than I thought I would. It didn't really make me like him much more though.

That's kind of how I felt after watching the Eagles documentary, while I still enjoy some of their music, I already disliked Frey and Henley as people the way they handled the band, and somehow managed to dislike them more after viewing it.

The Ginger Baker documentary didn't do him any favors either.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 17, 2021 22:09

JimmyTheSaint
Neil Young is one of my favourite artists of all-time. For me he occupies a spot just a tier below Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones. I think his run of LPs between Everybody Knows this is Nowhere and Rust Never Sleeps is unparalleled in the annals of Rock n' Roll.

As for CSN...well I do enjoy some of their music and occasionally will play 4 Way Street or dive into the 1974 boxed set I picked up a few years back.

Stills' Manassas LP is pretty good. Can't say I am much of a fan of Nash or Crosby, although I did enjoy the documentary on Crosby more than I thought I would. It didn't really make me like him much more though.
Go get the first Crosby solo album
That one is great

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 18, 2021 00:18

...three unreleased recordings of Crosby Stills Nash and Young fighting in the dressing room of the Fillmore East...

jb

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: May 18, 2021 03:40

yeah thats zappa on mothers fillmore east lp. funny shite! saw csny at fillmore east. great show. csn came out 1st. acoustic. then a break-crew brought out alot of amps etc. crowd went wild knowing its gonna get loud wih neil comin!!

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: May 18, 2021 04:50

Whale
JimmyTheSaint

Go get the first Crosby solo album
That one is great

I will do that. Thanks!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 18, 2021 07:51

jbwelda
...three unreleased recordings of Crosby Stills Nash and Young fighting in the dressing room of the Fillmore East...

jb
Don't forget the enchilada with the pickle sauce....

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 18, 2021 16:18

Wasn't Stephen Stills the guy who threw his RnR HOF "trophy" in the trash on the way out of the ceremony?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home