Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Eric Burdon Happy 80th!
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 11, 2021 21:40

Happy Birthday to Eric! Love the original Animals band: Burdon, Alan Price, Chas Chandler, John Steel and Hilton Valentine. So many great songs in such a short time like House of the Rising Sun, Bring It On Home To Me, It's My Life, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, We Gotta Get Out of this Place etc. What a great voice.

Re: OT: Eric Burdon Happy 80th!
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 11, 2021 21:56

Happy Birthday to Eric Burdon.

My earliest memory of The Animals is of them miming along to their debut release, Baby Let Me Take You Home, on Ready Steady Go! My father recorded the Dave Clarke RSG! compilations shown on Chanel 4 during the 1990’s.

Gosh! I really can’t believe how old these 60’s stars are now: eighty?? They were all fifty-somethings when I truly became acquainted with their work.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 11, 2021 22:07

Happy Birthday to Eric Burdon!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 12, 2021 01:11

HBEB. Saw him near Vienna in 1997, with Peter Green and Gary Moore on the bill. He really kicked ass that night.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 12, 2021 01:53

Love this man great artist singer in the original Animals and Eric Burdon & the Animals and Eric Burdon and War

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 12, 2021 04:05

Eric and the Animals were the first band I ever grooved on, part of that English Invasion of America. The Stones came along to totally grab me, but Eric and the Animals have always remained faves. So, dig some EB and happy birthday, guy.

[www.youtube.com]

Big faves among many Vietnam era vets. We sang loud and lustily.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 12, 2021 14:48

Here's Eric the way I remember him, on a solo tour in 1982. I saw him just a few weeks before this, at a little club on Long Island called My Father's Place. He had a bit of a reputation in those days for cancelling gigs at the last minute, so to actually have him show up, and to be able to see him in such ideal circumstances, seemed like a major coup. The power of his voice in that intimate little room was almost startling. I sat right in front, just a few feet from him as he tore through hit after hit, one right after another. Not in a medley, but doing the full and complete versions of each song. There's something else I want to say about that night, but I'll save that one for another time. Or maybe I'll just keep it to myself. One of the best small-venue gigs I've ever been to.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-12 15:24 by tatters.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 12, 2021 17:04

Happy Birthday Eric.smileys with beer

I remember this so vividly from way back in 1966 when I was just 14 years old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-12 18:17 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: May 12, 2021 17:39

Surely one of the greatest voices in Rock: Eric Burdon!

Regarding crawdady's videos, I'm sorry but I have to tell you again:
Listen to the drummer: Elbert Woodson
That is kick-&?§ drumming!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-12 19:01 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 12, 2021 17:54

The clip provided by crawdaddy of Otis Redding with EB sittin' in...wow! This is what one calls "testifying".

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 12, 2021 18:49

Cool voice, surly attitude, great songs

Happy birthday, you overfed, long haired leaping gnome!

Date: May 12, 2021 19:34

If someone can post the 64 NME show, the Animals absolutely rocked. Burdon and guitarist Hilton Valentine were great.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 12, 2021 19:42

I like him very much. And he made some really great albums between 2004-2013 too! But I find it hard to listen when he turn songs into 15 minute jams with jazz and funk, live. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-12 19:45 by Bjorn.

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: May 12, 2021 20:13

Raise a glass to a true giant of the British Invasion. The final shows for The Animals were a week at Steel Pier in Atlantic City. I caught 13 shows.

When I Was Young

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 12, 2021 21:01

Most splendid singer - wonderful bands! For me, that is, his first two bands.

"When I Was Young".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-12 21:04 by Witness.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: May 13, 2021 16:25

Saw him not that long ago (10 years maybe) - reunited with WAR (or what was left of them) at the Royal Albert Hall. He was still a dynamite singer - just a tremendous voice and very charismatic performer,

Always thought it would be great to see him guest with The Stones. Still not too late!

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: May 13, 2021 18:15

I love Eric Burdon’s voice. Possibly one of my favourite songs is House of the rising sun, Great idea to have him guest with the Stones!!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 13, 2021 20:34

He still brings it. Here is a recording of the last time I saw him.

Eric Burdon.2018-09-03.sausalito.mk4.flac16 [spaces.hightail.com]

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 14, 2021 01:48

I like their version of Talkin Bout You better than the Stones', just by a lil bit.

Date: May 14, 2021 02:05

Sky Pilot...pure bliss! How high can you fly?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-14 02:20 by shadooby.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 14, 2021 02:16

DGA35
If someone can post the 64 NME show, the Animals absolutely rocked. Burdon and guitarist Hilton Valentine were great.

Can't find anything ,or even if they were on the 1964 NME show but they did get Disc/Record of the Year for House of the Rising Sun.

Here's Eric and the Lads at the 1965 NME show which is really good ,and I've not seen since the whole show was on live on BBC on a Sunday afternoon back then. smileys with beer

Date: May 14, 2021 02:34

Oh yeah, happy birthday Eric!!!

Date: May 14, 2021 07:12

crawdaddy
DGA35

Can't find anything ,or even if they were on the 1964 NME show but they did get Disc/Record of the Year for House of the Rising Sun.

Here's Eric and the Lads at the 1965 NME show which is really good ,and I've not seen since the whole show was on live on BBC on a Sunday afternoon back then. smileys with beer

Ahh, one year off, but still, great performance! First song, Boom Boom, where Hilton and Eric rock out on their knees. A little over a year later bassist Chas Chandler would see Jimi Hendrix in New York and take him over to England to start his career. Jimi's only request was if he could meet Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck.
In the song Monterey, Eric mentions Brian as Prince Jones. He flew to Monterey to introduce Jimi Hendrix to the crowd.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home