Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Rock stars growing old gracefully
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 13, 2021 17:06

MKjan
It's not a distraction. This was MJ from the beginning, and he can still do it. His singing is great. I guess some of the fans here spent too much time on the sofa with NFL teams, full rush to the fridge.Touchdown. Your team wins. Rah rah.
zzzzzzzzzzz

Uhh, what?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 13, 2021 19:47

NashvilleBlues
MKjan
It's not a distraction. This was MJ from the beginning, and he can still do it. His singing is great. I guess some of the fans here spent too much time on the sofa with NFL teams, full rush to the fridge.Touchdown. Your team wins. Rah rah.
zzzzzzzzzzz

Uhh, what?

Ah, nevermind, I was off on a tangent.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 3, 2021 19:05

Mick can never write a song about the death of L'Wren because he was responsible for it - by not helping her with her serious depression, by not keeping her business from going under, and by hooking up with his latest girlfriend three weeks before L'Wren's suicide.

The last thing he would want to do is relive all that.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 3, 2021 19:35

Having met Mick Avory and his wife after a Kast off Kinks gig at Epsom Playhouse, November 2018, I can certainly say he has grown old gracefully. thumbs up
Looked him up on Wikipedia and he's 77 years old now.

Another drummer like our Charlie, and great sense of humour as well.

Gave him a hand loading his drum kit into the car and you couldn't hope to meet a nicer guy. smileys with beer

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 3, 2021 20:01

Bliss
Mick can never write a song about the death of L'Wren because he was responsible for it - by not helping her with her serious depression, by not keeping her business from going under, and by hooking up with his latest girlfriend three weeks before L'Wren's suicide.

I can see the wicked ghost of L'Wren haunting Mick and his new young family.. little Deveraux: "Mommy I saw that scary lady in black again and she told me Daddy did evil things mommy"

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: June 3, 2021 20:53

Bliss

My God - what a statement, You were the fly on the wall every minute Mick spent with L'Wren and therefore knows everything private to the last detail. Thanks for sharing your insight.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: June 3, 2021 21:43

I think Sammy Hagar has aged gracefully for being 73

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 22:10

Bliss

You aparently know nothing about deeply built in depressions. There is nothing you can do about it. It surfaces at totally unexpected times, while all looks good from the outside. You can't hold anybody responsible for the outcome of such a genetically determined illness. Only heavy medication can control things in a limited way, but no guarantees at all. And ... it's not something anyone would want to write a song about. Although, wasn't the band Cars writing some song about it? Drive?

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: June 3, 2021 22:19

Roger and Pete (alias The Who) ,have done really well in growing old gracefully.

Seen them up close at their last live gigs in Kingston, and in all respects physical and mental, they came across very,very much in good form.

Got a little bit of catching up with them in age,but would be very happy if I am looking and feeling as good as they seem to be, when I get to my mid-seventies. thumbs up

Date: June 3, 2021 22:33

Why are there so many posts about L'Wren and Mick in between the posts I have put up here?

I can't see what they have to do with 'Rock stars growing old gracefully'.confused smiley

It's not something that should be discussed here, in my opinion.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 3, 2021 23:00

Bliss
And ... it's not something anyone would want to write a song about.

Isnt Paint It Black about depression?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 3, 2021 23:50

NilsHolgersson
Bliss
And ... it's not something anyone would want to write a song about.

Isnt Paint It Black about depression?

I think it's actually about a guy who has a red door.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2021 00:21

.... i always fought it was an ad for British Paints ...HHHaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 4, 2021 01:10

Bliss

Whatever really are the causes for suicide deaths, I have to say that I am appalled by your putting blame, like in this case, on relatives, lovers or friends for allegedly being responsible for not having been able to prevent these deaths.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 4, 2021 04:03

Patti Smith
Nick Mason
Phil Lesh
Kim Gordon
Boz Scaggs
Bonnie Raitt
Donovan

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 4, 2021 05:28

Rockman
.... i always fought it was an ad for British Paints ...HHHaaaa

Rolf, is that you?

Rod

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 4, 2021 06:59

Bliss

I've seen a lot of ignorant things posted in the online world the last few years but that is beyond ignorant, assumptive and assholic. Oh - it's your opinion? It's motherfucking WRONG.

Excellent way of showing yourself.

Bye, Karen Bliss.

Date: June 4, 2021 07:07

Think what you like! The fact is, three of Mick's long-term exes made serious suicide attempts, one of which was successful. Perhaps he chose unstable women..

L'Wren was around 50 and it is likely her depression was related to hormonal changes. But it is also likely that external events pushed her over the edge - the financial collapse of her creative business and the impending end of her 12 year r'ship with Mick.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 4, 2021 10:05

Bliss
Think what you like! The fact is, three of Mick's long-term exes made serious suicide attempts, one of which was successful. Perhaps he chose unstable women..

L'Wren was around 50 and it is likely her depression was related to hormonal changes. But it is also likely that external events pushed her over the edge - the financial collapse of her creative business and the impending end of her 12 year r'ship with Mick.

Her "depression" had been there all the time (not because of turning 50). People who new her from her younger days had experienced her getting down before. It was far more complex. Marianne's depression wasn't directly Mick related either. Drugs, Brian's death, and in the end miscarriage were the main reasons. Losing something you think you own, doesn't help either.
How about Bob Geldof? Dave Bowie? etc. Fame and too much attention, and then losing it, can be fatal any time to people with genetic depressions (there are much better terms to discribe those terrible feelings). It's not something you "analyse" in a few sentences, Bliss!

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2021 08:25

Bliss

Keep ignoranting. You and another idiot, marianna, should hang out, talk fake news to each other.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: June 5, 2021 15:19

U2Stonesfan
I think Sammy Hagar has aged gracefully for being 73

Sammy looks great for his age and he has the energy of a 15 year old looking through daddy's old Playboys smileys with beer

I quite like Sammy...his books were very entertaining as well.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: June 5, 2021 18:46

Crawdaddy posted this today in another thread.

Chrissie is really growing old gracefully.

Crawdaddy,thanks for posting this vid,

[youtu.be]

Date: June 5, 2021 18:53

Completely forgot about Chrissie.

She is the ultimate growing old gracefully female Rockstar.

She doesn't care even when her eye makeup is running down her face, but she still looks great.

Great music and great looks.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-05 23:00 by crawdaddy.

Date: June 6, 2021 01:34

How could I ever forget a female Rock Star.....................Tina Turner.

The U.K. BBC thinks she is worth 4 hours of primetime TV on BBC2 tonight, and what I have seen on the programmes, from her humble beginnings to how she looks now ,she has gone through a lot in her life.

Good and bad times, but in my opinion she has grown older gracefully.

God Bless You Tina and thank you for the music. smileys with beer

Just about to sign off and Tina singing JJF, It's Only Rock'n Roll. and dancing away back in Arnhem, The Netherlands on her 2008-09 Tour.

Great stuff from the lovely Tina Turner. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-06 01:51 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2021 02:49

crawdaddy
Completely forgot about Chrissie.

She is the ultimate growing old gracefully female Rockstar.

She doesn't care even when her eye makeup is running down her face, but she still looks great.

Great music and great looks.smileys with beer

thumbs up

I've always loved her and the Pretenders since the early James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon days (RIP to both).
And nice to see you found a better quality clip of Thumbelina live than the one I posted in the James Walbourne thread!

Speaking of Chrissie, here's what Neil Young had to say when he inducted the Pretenders in to the Rock Hall of Fame:

"She's a rock n' roll woman. She's got it in her heart. She's gonna be rockin' 'til she drops, and I love her...I'm very proud just to know her"

And speaking of Neil Young, this is what Chrissie had to say about him:

"Neil is the pot-smoking, lovable hippie that you think he is and that everyone loves. And he's exactly what you think he's going to be...But he's also God."

Here's good old Neil singing to his ducks and chickens out on the ranch ...aging gracefully? Certainly.

Date: June 16, 2021 08:12

GasLightStreet
Bliss

Keep ignoranting. You and another idiot, marianna, should hang out, talk fake news to each other.

F uck off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-16 08:14 by Bliss.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 16, 2021 10:07

I do not think that it is up to us to discuss someones suicide here. We did not know Mrs Scott personally and have no insight whatsover, so for me it is kind of disrespectful to her and those close to her to discuss this here in public.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 16, 2021 15:23

Don Felder

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 16, 2021 16:46

Bob Dylan! Not sure if he's a "Rock Star"...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 16, 2021 21:13

GetYerAngie
Bliss

My God - what a statement, You were the fly on the wall every minute Mick spent with L'Wren and therefore knows everything private to the last detail. Thanks for sharing your insight.

smileys with beer Like we know shit about their private lives.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home