Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT: A new ABBA album in 2021
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 17, 2021 13:32

Stoneage
That Adele single is something. The girl can sing. Hard to beat that one. And I hardly ever listened to Adele before...

Yes, the song is OK. Fairly typical Adele fodder, however. I’ll probably purchase the album, as I’ve bought all the others.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 7, 2021 16:30

ABBA sues ‘parasitic’ Tribute Band over similar name - [www.Billboard.com] , [www.NME.com] :

"ABBA have sued the UK tribute act ABBA MANIA for trademark infringement. In a suit filed on 3-Dec-2021, the Swedish icons described the cover band’s behaviour as 'parasitic and bad-faith'. They claimed the tribute band are intentionally misleading fans into believing that they are endorsed by the real group. "Defendants include the term ‘official’ and ‘original’ in many of their marketing materials, website pages, and social media handles,” the suit reads via [www.Billboard.com] , “which gives consumers the impression that there is some kind of association, affiliation, or sponsorship between ABBA and ABBA MANIA"."

"It’s said in the lawsuit that ABBA gave ABBA MANIA the opportunity to change their name but they turned down the offer. “In an attempt to amicably resolve this dispute, [ABBA] explained how defendants could properly use the phrase ‘ABBA Tribute’ in a non-confusing manner to describe their tribute act so long as the actual name of the tribute act did not include the word ABBA,” the suit adds. "But Defendants refused to comply and cease use of the name ABBA MANIA"."

"ABBA MANIA – billed as 'the original tribute from London’s West End' – describe their live show as a 'highly polished and professional production'. They have upcoming dates scheduled for Neath in Wales as well as Manchester and Lytham. ABBA returned with their first album in 40 years, ‘Voyage’, last month. It went to Number One in the UK and became the fastest-selling vinyl of the century. The record features the recent Christmas single ‘Little Things’. The legendary quartet will showcase ‘Voyage’ at a string of 'revolutionary' concerts at London’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in 2022"
-- [www.NME.com] .

Date: April 1, 2022 13:45

10 CD or 10 LP Album-Box-Set (or 9 Picture-LPs) - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] - 27-May-2022.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 1, 2022 18:54

"Abba live" is missing, unfortunately. Other than that: bargain.

Re: OT: A new ABBA album
Date: August 31, 2023 17:00

Agnetha Fältskog has re-recorded her 2013 album 'A' for a new edition, which will be released as 'A+' on 13-Oct-2023 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Date: August 31, 2023 17:02

Irix

Agnetha Fältskog has re-recorded her 2013 album 'A' for a new edition, which will be released as 'A+' on 13-Oct-2023 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

New single out today

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 31, 2023 18:57

Horrible song - elevator music de luxe. I love her and ABBA, but this...

Date: August 31, 2023 23:30

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 2, 2023 16:35

Bjorn
Horrible song - elevator music de luxe. I love her and ABBA, but this...

Indeed. And you have to ask yourself, "where do we go from here"?

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1991
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home