Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My Copy of Exile - The Beauty of Records
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 1, 2021 18:30

Playing some records earlier today, and thought I'd mix in I Just Want to See His Face so grabbed my copy of Exile on Main Street.

I picked this up in a record shop about 7 years ago, it's a brilliant copy. Found a little surprise nestled between the postcards that are included - a ticket stub from 1973.

Just one of the many reasons I love physical records.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-01 18:31 by Bastion.

Re: My Copy of Exile - The Beauty of Records
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 1, 2021 19:04

I generally stick ticket stubs and stuff like that into appropriate record albums as well. Nice surprise when you have forgotten all about them.

jb

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: May 1, 2021 21:21

Almost as nice a surprise as coming across a joint you'd squirreled away a few years back and then for some bizarre reason had completely forgotten about.cool smiley
Thank you jesus, thank you lawd.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 1, 2021 22:16

northof49
Almost as nice a surprise as coming across a joint you'd squirreled away a few years back and then ... forgotten about.

The ticket stub does not lose any of its potency. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-01 22:17 by schillid.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 1, 2021 22:48

A few years back the LA Times ran an article about Amoeba Records, and one of the clerks related a story about a guy who brought in a stack of old albums to sell.

While the clerk was inspecting condition of the records, a handful of old Polaroids fell out of the sleeves. The guy had apparently stashed them away a long time ago and forgotten about them.

They were of a very personal nature.

The Amoeba crew passed them around and had a laugh about it, while the unsuspecting guy was still in the store.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 1, 2021 23:08

northof49
Almost as nice a surprise as coming across a joint you'd squirreled away a few years back and then for some bizarre reason had completely forgotten about.cool smiley

They've always gone hand in hand perfectly. I used to roll on a copy of Coney Island Baby that I dubbed Lou Weed like the genius I am

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: May 2, 2021 00:13

Bastion
northof49

They've always gone hand in hand perfectly. I used to roll on a copy of Coney Island Baby that I dubbed Lou Weed like the genius I am

It’s not a gatefold sleeve. Wouldn’t Rock n Roll Animal have worked better? ;-)

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: May 2, 2021 00:57

Bastion

thumbs up

and while we're at it let's dub (or should i say doob) Keith - the spliffmaster.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 2, 2021 01:17

.... use ta open cans of beans on Metal Machine Music ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2021 05:29

A couple of years ago I rediscovered my souvenir concert program from the Pink Floyd Wall concerts I attended back in 1980 at the L.A. Sports Arena ,
and sandwiched in between a couple of pages was a crushed pot seed, a couple of small stems from a bud, and a tiny roach from a smoked joint!
Those were the days, and the memories started flooding...Pink Floyd, live in concert, and smoking weed!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 2, 2021 08:40

Do you remember the busts at the Pink Floyd LA Sports Arena shows in '75?

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home