Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I sang Jumpin’ Jack Flash to my dad in Mick Jagger’s courtroom suit
Posted by: slane82 ()
Date: May 1, 2021 08:18

"When Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were arrested for drug possession in 1967 at Richards’ home in West Sussex, my father ended up representing them. I would have been 15 at the time. There was a trial and they were nearly sent to prison. In fact, they were sent to prison for one night [Jagger to Brixton and Richards to Wormwood Scrubs] and my dad got them out on bail. They were found not guilty on appeal, so we held this big party in the London flat to celebrate.

Mick arrived still in his suit – my dad had wanted him to look smart for his appearance in court. When the party was over, Jagger changed back into his day wear – a kaftan, something flowery – to go off to do an interview on Panorama and left the suit he’d worn to court on my bed. So, obviously, I had to put it on and do Jumpin’ Jack Flash for my father. I remember there was £200 in the back pocket. I’d never seen such a huge wedge of money in my life."

A great story, but JJF wasn't recorded until the following year!

[www.theguardian.com]

Re: I sang Jumpin’ Jack Flash to my dad in Mick Jagger’s courtroom suit
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2021 17:34

slane82
"When Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were arrested for drug possession in 1967 at Richards’ home in West Sussex, my father ended up representing them. I would have been 15 at the time. There was a trial and they were nearly sent to prison. In fact, they were sent to prison for one night [Jagger to Brixton and Richards to Wormwood Scrubs] and my dad got them out on bail. They were found not guilty on appeal, so we held this big party in the London flat to celebrate.

Mick arrived still in his suit – my dad had wanted him to look smart for his appearance in court. When the party was over, Jagger changed back into his day wear – a kaftan, something flowery – to go off to do an interview on Panorama and left the suit he’d worn to court on my bed. So, obviously, I had to put it on and do Jumpin’ Jack Flash for my father. I remember there was £200 in the back pocket. I’d never seen such a huge wedge of money in my life."

A great story, but JJF wasn't recorded until the following year!

[www.theguardian.com]

He probably meant Have You Seen Your Mother Baby Standing in the Shadow.

Easy mistake.

Re: I sang Jumpin’ Jack Flash to my dad in Mick Jagger’s courtroom suit
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 3, 2021 10:45

treaclefingers
He probably meant Have You Seen Your Mother Baby Standing in the Shadow.

Easy mistake.

grinning smiley

Agree, lovely story, but we'll never know what song he sang I guess. Maybe just Satisfaction.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home