Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ronnie’s Lockdown Cancer Battle
Date: April 27, 2021 23:36

Rocktiludrop
DandelionPowderman
Rocktiludrop
So disappointed to hear this news, the next 6 months are crucial for Ronnie, but if anyone can get through this aggressive type of cancer it's Ronnie, stay strong and stay lucky, best wishes.

? He beat it. It's a good thing smiling smiley

That's the hope but rarely the case with SCLC

Ron gets the best treatment possible and I hope he makes it another 50 years, but once it's in the lungs as SCLC .. you cannot trace every cancer cel, it can go any direction. No doctor will ever tell you you're 100% clean, regardless the stage. They want to tell you there's nothing found anymore at this point.That's a burden every SCLC patient has to live with.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: April 27, 2021 23:47

NilsHolgersson
Doxa
Ronniethumbs up

But also a reminder that we should not take things as a given. They don't much talk about their health (thank god) unless it is necessary - or like now, afterwards when it's (thankfully) alright.

I wonder how this might have affected to US tour last year, if there'd been no corona. The timing of Ronnie's diagnosis and treatment (whatever it was like) doesn't come through clearly. With that I don't mean being a cold-hearted fanboy (like only thing that matters is a Stones activity, never mind their health), but just an observation that we should not take anything as granted but instead, as fans, just try enjoy every minute of whatever we are given, and see its uniqueness, as long it lasts and is possible.

- Doxa

I could see them touring with someone like Jeff Beck as an emergency replacement for Ronnie in case he was too ill to tour

Strange suggestion when Mick Taylor is available and was a Stone, the thought of Jeff Beck and Keith playing together is amusing though.

Date: April 28, 2021 00:07

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-28 00:08 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2021 20:24

Rocktiludrop
NilsHolgersson
Doxa
Ronniethumbs up

But also a reminder that we should not take things as a given. They don't much talk about their health (thank god) unless it is necessary - or like now, afterwards when it's (thankfully) alright.

I wonder how this might have affected to US tour last year, if there'd been no corona. The timing of Ronnie's diagnosis and treatment (whatever it was like) doesn't come through clearly. With that I don't mean being a cold-hearted fanboy (like only thing that matters is a Stones activity, never mind their health), but just an observation that we should not take anything as granted but instead, as fans, just try enjoy every minute of whatever we are given, and see its uniqueness, as long it lasts and is possible.

- Doxa

I could see them touring with someone like Jeff Beck as an emergency replacement for Ronnie in case he was too ill to tour

Strange suggestion when Mick Taylor is available and was a Stone, the thought of Jeff Beck and Keith playing together is amusing though.

Would have to think neither would ever be considered as replacements for a variety of reasons. Either of the two could have worked well as an addition or supplement to the band as Taylor showed so well in 2012/2013,
but replacement of anyone seems highly out of the question - especially at this late stage of their career. Best to keep positive thoughts for Ronnie right now, and continuously hope and wish him the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-28 20:24 by Hairball.

Date: April 28, 2021 21:45

Hairball
Rocktiludrop
NilsHolgersson
Doxa
Ronniethumbs up

- Doxa

Would have to think neither would ever be considered as replacements for a variety of reasons. Either of the two could have worked well as an addition or supplement to the band as Taylor showed so well in 2012/2013,
but replacement of anyone seems highly out of the question - especially at this late stage of their career. Best to keep positive thoughts for Ronnie right now, and continuously hope and wish him the best.

Yes it would be great if Ronnies in shape for the inevitable 60th Anniversary shows that the Stones will be incredibly eager to perform next year with the long awaited album. MJ looks like he's chomping at the bit after the enforced lay off, Keith must be getting bored too, so i wouldn't write them off just yet.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 28, 2021 22:54

I read that Ronnie did not EVER want chemotherapy because he could not deal with losing his hair....hoping he's come around to accepting the chemo if it means HE LIVES a good long life beyond the cancer!

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 29, 2021 09:04

There are lots of alternative healing therapies, hence Ronnie doesn't need to accept chemo. A friend of mine suffered from cancer and underwent chemo about three years ago. In addition to losing his hair, there is aftermath no one has told him before. His teeth are brittle, he has skin rashes, still a continuing dry mouth ... He fully recovered but these follow late impacts are nothing one wants to deal with.

Date: April 29, 2021 10:00

mickschix
I read that Ronnie did not EVER want chemotherapy because he could not deal with losing his hair....hoping he's come around to accepting the chemo if it means HE LIVES a good long life beyond the cancer!

He would definitely have come around, chemo/radiation is very effective against small cell cancer hence the "all clear"
The draw back is that it can come back and spread because it's difficult to get every cell, it's not the type of cancer you get cured from but it's treatable, it's my guess he responded well to treatment so that's a positive.
All clear means no visible trace, I only know all this because a friend is going through this right now.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 29, 2021 12:06

Meise
There are lots of alternative healing therapies, hence Ronnie doesn't need to accept chemo. A friend of mine suffered from cancer and underwent chemo about three years ago. In addition to losing his hair, there is aftermath no one has told him before. His teeth are brittle, he has skin rashes, still a continuing dry mouth ... He fully recovered but these follow late impacts are nothing one wants to deal with.

Ronnie showed up outdoors on Instagram a couple of times last year, his face fully wrapped in an impressive hoodie. Possibly chemo.

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: April 30, 2021 06:47

georgie48
Meise

Ronnie showed up outdoors on Instagram a couple of times last year, his face fully wrapped in an impressive hoodie. Possibly chemo.

You could be right about that georgie - there was also the story w/pics from the DailyMail of Ronnie shopping around Carnaby Street and visiting the Stones shop back in October. [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 30, 2021 20:02

Georgie48, I just looked at the photos of Ronnie and the hood could be a sign of hair loss for sure....I also have a close friend who's going through chemo and hair loss is almost immediate. MEISE, there ARE terrible side affects to chemo that can show up years later....it sucks, no doubt. Doctors down-play these later side affects because folks would refuse the life-saving treatments if they revealed everything you could possibly get....I guess you have to go one day at a time & deal with the symptoms that you get as they come up. I sure hope Ronnie got chemo and will be fine. They are obviously trying hard to keep this private so we should be respectful of that.

Date: May 2, 2021 00:16

If you research this particular cancer it's a terrible one with a very poor prognosis, Ronnie would have had no choice but to have chemo/radiation etc, the alternative is there isn't one as it can all be over in weeks, so he's obviously putting up an incredibly brave battle and fighting all the way buying some precious time. Let's hope he defies all the odds because if anyone can Ronnie can, and for some unknown reason some people do defy the odds.
Also if anyone followed the story of Wilco Johnson he was miss diagnosed and dodged the bullet, miracles do happen.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2021 03:44

mickschix
Georgie48, I just looked at the photos of Ronnie and the hood could be a sign of hair loss for sure....I also have a close friend who's going through chemo and hair loss is almost immediate. MEISE, there ARE terrible side affects to chemo that can show up years later....it sucks, no doubt. Doctors down-play these later side affects because folks would refuse the life-saving treatments if they revealed everything you could possibly get....I guess you have to go one day at a time & deal with the symptoms that you get as they come up. I sure hope Ronnie got chemo and will be fine. They are obviously trying hard to keep this private so we should be respectful of that.

He has eyebrows in those photos which would suggest he wasnt undergoing chemo at the time. Hair loss usually starts about 2-3 weeks after the first treatment and it doesnt start growing back until maybe a month or more after it finishes.

To be honest, I'd find it a bit strange that if he was wanting to hide the fact that he was having chemo at the time that he'd choose to go to the one place in London where he'd MOST be likely to be bothered by Stones fans.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 3, 2021 05:34

This site says it’s skin cancer

[www.gilmorehealth.com]

In an interview with The Sun newspaper on April 25, the Rolling Stones guitarist confided, “I had to fight two different forms of cancer. In 2017 it was the lung that was affected, and last year it was a carcinoma, a type of skin cancer that I had to fight. Today the doctors are optimistic,” the 73-year-old musician told. The star is back in remission and says he is ready to continue his No Filter Tour with the rest of the Rolling Stones as soon as the coronavirus situation permits.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 3, 2021 06:14

Deathgod

[www.gilmorehealth.com]

In an interview with The Sun newspaper on April 25, the Rolling Stones guitarist confided, “I had to fight two different forms of cancer. In 2017 it was the lung that was affected, and last year it was a carcinoma, a type of skin cancer that I had to fight. Today the doctors are optimistic,” the 73-year-old musician told. The star is back in remission and says he is ready to continue his No Filter Tour with the rest of the Rolling Stones as soon as the coronavirus situation permits.

Thanks for that DG.
While not good, I'm relieved that it's not related to his lungs.

TBH, your handle made me a little nervous to click on the last post winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-03 06:15 by MisterDDDD.

Date: May 3, 2021 06:25

Deathgod

[www.gilmorehealth.com]

Still worrisome, but that site says "in an interview with The Sun newspaper on April 25" which is the Sun article/interview posted by Big Al in the very first post of this thread.
No mention of carcinoma or skin cancer in original article/interview, but instead quotes Ronnie as saying "I had lung cancer in 2017 and I had small-cell more recently that I fought in the last lockdown".

Big Al
[www.google.co.uk]

Whatever the case, hoping Ronnie the best.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-03 06:40 by Hairball.

Date: May 3, 2021 12:55

It's confusing because Ronnie was quoted as saying he had small cell cancer recently over lockdown, that's not how you describe skin cancer. Something's not right here, small cell cancer usually means lungs, skin cancer is described as Basal cell carcinoma or Squamous cell carcinoma, Melanoma etc.

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: May 3, 2021 16:03

Metastasis

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 3, 2021 19:27

He’s had proper treatments. And no, the band wouldn’t consider replacing him if he couldn’t tour. Or Charlie. Or Mick or Keith.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 3, 2021 19:52

Hairball
georgie48
Meise

You could be right about that georgie - there was also the story w/pics from the DailyMail of Ronnie shopping around Carnaby Street and visiting the Stones shop back in October. [www.dailymail.co.uk]

I remember that article, Hairball. Never a second came into my mind then, but seeing this again ... no doubt whatsoever. Nothing "low profile", ... chemo. His face also terribly grey. I had cases in my family, so yes, for sure. Most important though, the doctors got him back on track!

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2021 20:06

Deathgod

[www.gilmorehealth.com]

The Sun article they're 'quoting' says nothing of the sort, though

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: May 3, 2021 22:56

Gazza

[www.thesun.co.uk]

He's recorded at the Royal Albert Hall with Mick Taylor??

God bless.Music is the best. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-03 23:08 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: May 3, 2021 23:42

TheflyingDutchman
Gazza

[www.thesun.co.uk]

He's recorded at the Royal Albert Hall with Mick Taylor??

God bless.Music is the best. thumbs up

It's the Jimmy Reed-shows they did years ago.

Will be nice to hear in good quality thumbs up

Date: May 4, 2021 01:11

mpj200
He’s had proper treatments. And no, the band wouldn’t consider replacing him if he couldn’t tour. Or Charlie. Or Mick or Keith.

How do you know that they wouldn't replace him, if Ronnie isn't well enough that automatically means no 60th Anniversary shows or pay per view concert ?

I really don't know about that, Mick and Keith have been loyal to Ronnie when he was drinking and kept him on-board, but Micks the kind of guy that maybe says the show must go on, it's possible that's the case, we just don't know for sure.

I just hope all are well enough to do some final shows in some way next year to say goodbye after 60 years, that would be incredible, and judging by Mick's views on events being cancelled he gives the impression he's raring to go.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 4, 2021 01:23

I don't like to think that Ronnie or any of the other Stones members medical problems ,which may be true .............or not true ,and I always think on the positive side.

It's a really private thing and not something to be discussed anywhere.

The tabloid press are bad enough to get info. wherever they can, true or false.confused smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 4, 2021 01:26

Enough already with the talk of replacements. It's out of order.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: May 4, 2021 02:11

After Mick's heart surgery in 2019, the band MUST have a contingency plan.
Charlie had cancer in 2005, Keith had his brain surgery in 06, Ronnie has beat cancer, twice. I'd be surprised if they haven't discussed what to do. If Ronnie (or anyone) is too ill to tour? If Ronnie gives the band their blessing? The band should tour, if they want to.

Date: May 4, 2021 02:25

I love the Woodpecker! Here's wishing him the best. I'd sure love to see him in action again with the boys.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: May 4, 2021 02:46

dennycranium
After Mick's heart surgery in 2019, the band MUST have a contingency plan.
Charlie had cancer in 2005, Keith had his brain surgery in 06, Ronnie has beat cancer, twice. I'd be surprised if they haven't discussed what to do. If Ronnie (or anyone) is too ill to tour? If Ronnie gives the band their blessing? The band should tour, if they want to.

Yes agreed, bands do it all the time, plus the Stones will be celebrating something that started 13 years before he joined. Bring Bill back and Mick for a full line-up, anything is possible with this band health permitting.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home