Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Ronnie’s Lockdown Cancer Battle
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 26, 2021 16:06

Great that Ronnie recovered and enjoy their longevity

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: April 26, 2021 16:34

glad that you are well Ronnie, stay strong.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 26, 2021 17:11

Best wishes to Ronnie...Don't care about new music or touring, just want you to be well.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 26, 2021 17:32

Damn, damn, damn. This really s*cks. I've seen cases like this from nearby.
I trust he did get the best possible treatment. Joined spiritual support by millions of fans may be able to create a miracle. With Ronnie being a tough cookie himself added to it we'll see him shine again in 2022.
Keep going, Ron !!!thumbs up

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 26, 2021 17:37

Love light and good health to you Ronnie oxox

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: April 26, 2021 18:14

We wish all the best. We love Ronnie.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 26, 2021 18:32

It's good for him to be optimistic about the future. I have been waiting for the Jimmy Reed album with Mick Taylor for a long time. All the best!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 26, 2021 19:41

So sorry to hear this, but glad he has recovered for now. None of this looks positive for him ever being on tour with the Stones again, I am afraid.

jb

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: April 26, 2021 20:00

I wish all the best to Ronnie and all the strength he needs to recover.

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: April 26, 2021 20:28

All the very best Ronnie, my guitar hero!
We love you!

Date: April 26, 2021 20:34

Must be very heavy, mentally. I wish Ron, and all other people affected by this horrible disease much power.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 26, 2021 20:56

Doxa
Ronniethumbs up

But also a reminder that we should not take things as a given. They don't much talk about their health (thank god) unless it is necessary - or like now, afterwards when it's (thankfully) alright.

I wonder how this might have affected to US tour last year, if there'd been no corona. The timing of Ronnie's diagnosis and treatment (whatever it was like) doesn't come through clearly. With that I don't mean being a cold-hearted fanboy (like only thing that matters is a Stones activity, never mind their health), but just an observation that we should not take anything as granted but instead, as fans, just try enjoy every minute of whatever we are given, and see its uniqueness, as long it lasts and is possible. - Doxa

thumbs up
May have affected rescheduling the tour even, and perhaps may play a part of why "Easy Sleazy" isn't a Stones release.

Ronnie's positive attitude has helped him (and the Stones) survive.
Both drunk and sober.. Good on him.

"He got the all-clear — and says working on paintings of wife Sally, 43, and their twins, four, helped keep him strong.

He also believes being sober for a decade and putting his fate in the hands of a “higher power” helped him through his latest cancer fight."

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 26, 2021 21:02

Very concerning that there are now two cases of lung cancer. Let's hope he really is cancer free. Its a tough disease to truly beat. It is quite possible that this would have resulted in a postponement last year ala Mick's heart so luckily it was treated.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 26, 2021 21:32

Get well soon, Ronnie!!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 26, 2021 22:41

Ronnie Wood will release a new signed, limited-edition print in support of Turn Up For Recovery, the charitable movement established to spread awareness of abstinence-based recovery through music founded by Melia Clapton.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 26, 2021 23:16

NilsHolgersson

Ronnie Wood will release a new signed, limited-edition print in support of Turn Up For Recovery, the charitable movement established to spread awareness of abstinence-based recovery through music founded by Melia Clapton.

Thanks!
[www.ronniewood.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 27, 2021 00:38

Well THAT was scary news!eye popping smiley I also wonder what we're NOT being told....it didn't say where the second cancer appeared...or did I miss something? Sending only positivity to Ronnie at this time of continued recovery. I don't want JEFF BECK in his place on TOUR!( Or anyone else for that matter! ) I hate the thought that the July 7th, 2019 show that I saw was my LAST TIME....he must have a very strong constitution indeed...may it stay that way...and yes, I agree that touring is certainly secondary to having OUR RONNIE 100% well again for a very long time!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 27, 2021 01:29

Re: Ronnie’s Lockdown Cancer Battle new
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 26, 2021 15:06

Doxa
Ronniethumbs up

But also a reminder that we should not take things as a given. They don't much talk about their health (thank god) unless it is necessary - or like now, afterwards when it's (thankfully) alright.

I wonder how this might have affected to US tour last year, if there'd been no corona. The timing of Ronnie's diagnosis and treatment (whatever it was like) doesn't come through clearly. With that I don't mean being a cold-hearted fanboy (like only thing that matters is a Stones activity, never mind their health), but just an observation that we should not take anything as granted but instead, as fans, just try enjoy every minute of whatever we are given, and see its uniqueness, as long it lasts and is possible.

- Doxa

I could see them touring with someone like Jeff Beck as an emergency replacement for Ronnie in case he was too ill to tour

maybe mick goes out by himself but i can't see keith or charlie doing that if he were to die or be unable to perform those 2 would probaly call it quits on the stones

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 27, 2021 01:38

daspyknows
Very concerning that there are now two cases of lung cancer. Let's hope he really is cancer free.

Let's also hope he stays cancer-free from now on. May well be that this new battle with cancer of Ronnie's was among the reasons why we didn't get another Stones tune after Ghost Town.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 27, 2021 02:11

Ronnie is a good guy............ as well as having so much talent in music,art and so much else in life.

All of us have made mistakes during life, but Ronnie has really proved that it can all come good..........if you really wan't it too, whoever you are. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: April 27, 2021 08:52

All the best for Ronnie and his recovery. Hopefully the cancer is now beaten completely.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 27, 2021 09:08

Sorry Ronnie is having to go through this again. His courage is inspiring.
He will win this battle!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 27, 2021 13:37

Best Wishes Rocking Ronnie !

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: April 27, 2021 13:47

Good to read Ronnie has been declared cured. Hopefully the cat has many lives left.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 27, 2021 20:40

Didn't think about anything else today than about you Ronnie really. Pfff..

Wishing you al the best man! Playing Slide On this as we speak. What a great cd this is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-27 20:41 by barbabang.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: April 27, 2021 20:54

So disappointed to hear this news, the next 6 months are crucial for Ronnie, but if anyone can get through this aggressive type of cancer it's Ronnie, stay strong and stay lucky, best wishes.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 27, 2021 21:24

Love to Ronnie. He has a great family supporting him.

Date: April 27, 2021 22:00

Rocktiludrop
So disappointed to hear this news, the next 6 months are crucial for Ronnie, but if anyone can get through this aggressive type of cancer it's Ronnie, stay strong and stay lucky, best wishes.

? He beat it. It's a good thing smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: April 27, 2021 23:16

DandelionPowderman
Rocktiludrop

That's the hope but rarely the case with SCLC

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2021 23:32

Rocktiludrop
DandelionPowderman
Rocktiludrop

That's the hope but rarely the case with SCLC

Having just read up a bit on SCLC, have to keep up the HOPE, GOOD VIBES, and BEST WISHES for Ronnie....

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home